Even one date causes an irreversible healing process in the body.
Dates are the edible fruits of some species of date palm, especially of the date palmate (Phoenix dactylifera). Since ancient times, man has been used as a high-value food product. On sale usually come as dried fruits. The most popular varieties of date palms - dehurt nur and majhol - are cultivated on an industrial scale in countries with a hot climate.
In common parlance, some other plants or their fruits that are not related to date palms can call dates. For example, the plant Jujube (Ziziphus jujuba) from the rush family can be called “Chinese dates”, which is mistaken from a botanical point of view.
Dates, like other dried fruits - high-calorie product. The energy value of dates - more than 200 kcal per 100 g (according to various sources - from 220 to 280 kcal). The use of dates is useful for cardiovascular diseases, during colds, and also contributes to the normalization of the gastrointestinal tract. There is a city legend that the whole complex of substances necessary for the complete nutrition of a person is contained in dates. In a number of legends and legends, cases of feeding people with dates and water for several years have been reported. Dates are a record holder in terms of the glycemic index. For this reason, people with diabetes should limit the use of this product.
Dates - an amazing fruit, which in many countries attributed properties to improve health and prolong life. They say that in China there are long-livers, the basis of which are food solely dates. In any case, this is a very useful product, and many nutritionists recommend eating it instead of sweets. In addition, dates from ancient times were known for their healing properties.
Doctors found that low blood sugar often leads to a person experiencing an exorbitant feeling of hunger, and after eating only a few dates, the feeling of hunger disappears. Thus, if the fasting person first eats dates, then he will be satisfied with a small amount of food, will not overeat and will not harm either his spiritual or physical health.
They contain 23 types of different amino acids that are absent in most other fruits.
Dates are rich and essential amino acid tryptophan, which is also essential for optimal brain function and preservation of normal mental state, especially in old age. Tryptophan prevents aging: a sufficient amount of it in food allows you to suspend the aging process of cells. In addition, thanks to tryptophan dates have a mild sedative and hypnotic effect.
In addition to tryptophan, dates also contain another amino acid, glutamic acid, which prevents heartburn, neutralizing excess stomach acid. Selenium, which reduces the risk of cancer, strengthens the immune system and reduces the risk of heart disease.
Due to the combination of a huge amount of sugars (glucose and fructose (26-55%), which are quickly absorbed by the body) with vitamin B5, date palm fruits have a valuable property not only to quickly satisfy hunger, but also to restore physical strength, energy and freshness of the brain and nerves.
Like most plant foods, dates do not contain cholesterol.
The energy value of 100 g of the edible part of the fruit - 142-274 calories, dried or dried - 340 calories. Fruits contain from 40.0 to 77.5% of dry substances. Phenicia is low in calories, so feel free to eat it instead of sweets, and your weight will be in line with the norm.
Buying on the market at least 200 grams of dates, you buy an incredible amount of minerals, salts and vitamins. Scientists believe that 10 dates per day is enough to meet the daily human need for magnesium, copper, sulfur, half the need for iron, a quarter of the need for calcium. So, eating only dates and water, you can live for several years.
Modern medicine has also paid rather close attention to dates as a subject of many years of study, academic research, during which numerous useful properties of this product were discovered.
- dates are not transmitters of bacteria, microbes and parasites that are dangerous to human health;
- Dates are an excellent tool in the fight against a malicious amoeba;
- dates contain substances that kill bacteria in the human body;
- dates - an indispensable food and medicine for astronauts, and also they are much more useful than caviar;
- dates contain substances that contribute to the increased contraction of the muscles of the uterus, which greatly facilitates the process of childbirth in a woman, makes it fast and not so painful;
- dates contain vitamin A that supports and improves vision at night;
- due to the presence of vitamin B, dates are very useful for the normal functioning and development of the muscular system;
- dates improve appetite;
- eating dates on an empty stomach kills parasites;
- dates are fruit, food, medicine, drink and sweetness.
Of course, it is clear that a person can live in peace without dates, but they are extremely beneficial to health.
The use of dates is recommended in the following cases:
- with mental stress, it is believed that dried dates have a positive effect on the brain, increasing its productivity by 20% or more;
- in case of physical exhaustion and exhaustion - in just half an hour after the consumption of dates, even a very tired person returns strength and energy is restored;
- with respiratory diseases;
- in cardiovascular diseases - due to the high content of potassium. In case of heart failure, dates stimulate the activity of the heart, serve as a tonic and strengthening remedy, restore strength after a long illness;
- with anemia, anemia;
- to prevent the development of ulcers and cancer of the stomach, intestines - pectin and dietary fibers strengthen intestinal peristalsis, thereby preventing the development of cancer;
- to increase the number of male semen;
- with impotence;
- in disorders of the nervous system;
- for successful labor activity
- to restore the body after childbirth women. Scientific experiments have shown that dates contain special stimulating substances that strengthen the muscles of the uterus in the last months of pregnancy. And this, in turn, not only facilitates the process of childbirth, but also reduces the period of postpartum hemorrhage;
- in motion sickness and motion sickness;
- with colds;
- to prevent miscarriages;
- to strengthen the capillary walls;
- to improve digestion, eliminate gastrointestinal disorders - dates are very useful for digestion, they produce a cleansing effect on the digestive system. A Russian scientist I. I. Mechnikov recommended consuming dates for intestinal disorders;
- to improve vision, reduce eye fatigue;
- to enhance blood circulation, reduce high blood pressure;
- to reduce the side effects of many antibiotics;
- to prevent aging, dates prolong life;
- for enriching breast milk with vitamins, the use of dates by nursing mothers contributes to the enrichment of breast milk with many essential vitamins for the full development of a child, increasing the body’s resistance to many diseases. Therefore, these fruits are recommended by modern nutritionists to pregnant and lactating women;
- for the healing of bleeding gums - the minerals contained in dates are very important for the teeth. They are among the building and strengthening dental tissue substances. This is the reason for the use of dates for the teeth;
- to strengthen the immune system;
- to prevent the formation of carcinogens;
- to reduce the likelihood of blood clots, contributing to increased resistance to infections;
- for children unbalanced and suffering from nervous disorders;
- to prevent heart disease and pressure related diseases;
- for the treatment of edema and dizziness caused by diseases of the inner ear;
- with premenstrual syndrome in women;
- to regulate blood sugar levels;
- for excretion of heavy metal ions;
- to eliminate depression in pregnant women;
- to prevent arthritis;
- to suppress pain (contain substances similar in structure to aspirin);
- to reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer - sometimes patients do not have enough money for expensive medications. But this is not such an irreparable trouble. The benefits of dates in the treatment of cancer is very high. The patient may have dates, and this must necessarily have a positive effect. During the year, dates can always be found in most stores at a relatively low price;
- to improve the body's metabolism and reduce cholesterol in the blood;
- in the treatment of helminthic invasions of the liver and jaundice, thanks to the presence of vitamin B, dates are an excellent addition;
- as poultice from date sugar. They are effective for muscle pain.
Dates - Nutritional value per 100 g of product
- Energy value of 277 kcal 1160 kJ
- Water 21.32 g
- Protein 1.81 g
- Fat 0.15 g
- Carbohydrates 74.97 g
- sugar 66.47 g
- lactose 0.00 g
- dietary fiber 6.7 g
- Retinol (Vit. A) 7 mcg
- B-carotene 89 mcg
- Thiamine (B1) 0.050 mg
- Riboflavin (B2) 0.060 mg
- Niacin (B3) 1,610 mg
- Pantothenic acid (B5) 0.805 mg
- Pyridoxine (B6) 0.249 mg
- Folacin (B9) 15 mcg
- Ascorbic acid (Vit. C) 0.0 mg
- Vitamin D 0.0 mcg
- Vitamin K 2.7 mcg
- Calcium 64 mg
- Iron 0.90 mg
- Magnesium 54 mg
- Phosphorus 62 mg
- Potassium 696 mg
- Sodium 1 mg
- Zinc 0.44 mg
- Copper 0.362 mcg
- Manganese 0,296 mcg