Among the factors affecting the condition of our skin, two main ones can be distinguished - proper cosmetic care and healthy nutrition.
In a skin-friendly diet, there are perhaps no products that need to be categorically excluded, but there are some that should be limited. These include sweet and fatty foods, overly salty and spicy foods, as well as canned and processed foods.
Sitting on a strict diet in order to lose a few extra pounds do not forget that malnutrition can adversely affect your skin. You should not eat only low-calorie foods for more than two weeks in a row, since during long diets the body loses a lot of nutrients, and first of all, the condition of the skin, as well as hair and nails, deteriorates performance.
Remember that in order to maintain an attractive appearance, the skin requires all the same things that are necessary for the rest of the body: proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and trace elements - substances that the body removes from food during digestion and carries it to all organs with blood . The three main elements of nutrition - proteins, fats and carbohydrates - must necessarily be in more or less quantities in the body at every meal.
The most important thing in the “cosmetic” diet is fresh vegetables and fruits. They should be included in your daily diet at any time of the year.
For a unit portion you can take:
- • One apple or pear, one orange or grapefruit, one banana.
- • Two full tablespoons of raw vegetables - one type or in a salad.
- • Two plums or two apricots, two kiwi or one peach.
- • A large slice of watermelon, melon or pineapple.
- • Half a glass of any berries or grapes.
- • One tomato or one cucumber, one carrot or three leaves of fresh cabbage.
- • Five medium-sized dried fruits: plums, figs, bananas, dates, pears, pineapple, melons or a dessert spoon of raisins.
- • One glass of fresh fruit juice or half a glass of vegetable juice.
- • Three dessert spoons of fruit salad.
- • A bunch of fresh herbs.
- • Three tablespoons of cooked vegetables: zucchini, eggplant or pumpkin.
The best option is to consume five such servings of fruits and vegetables per day. That is, if during the day you eat one apple, a piece of watermelon, a handful of dried fruits, drink a glass of juice, and diversify your lunch or dinner with a small portion of vegetable salad - you can be calm about the “internal” state of your skin.
It is also very important to eat fresh, hot food at least once a day. You should not cook the same side dishes every day for the main dish, it is better to alternate potatoes, noodles, rice and other cereals. If possible, change vegetables and meats daily as well. This will ensure the intake of all mineral substances. But alcohol in high doses robs the body of the most important vitamins, making the skin sluggish and flabby.
As you can see, in order to maintain an optimal diet for the skin, it is enough to pay attention only to some simple but fundamental points that affect the mineral metabolism and water balance of both the skin and the whole body. And you can eat deliciously and fully without complex rules and regulations!