Cool crib on the combination of colors
Color is a qualitative subjective characteristic of electromagnetic radiation in the optical range, determined on the basis of the physiological visual sensation that arises and depends on a number of physical, physiological and psychological factors. The perception of color is determined by the individuality of the person, as well as by the spectral composition, color and brightness contrast with the surrounding light sources, as well as non-luminous objects. Such phenomena as metamerism, individual hereditary features of the human eye (the degree of expression of polymorphic visual pigments) and psyche are very important.
In simple terms, color is the sensation that a person gets when light rays enter his eye. The flow of light with the same spectral composition will cause different sensations for different people due to the fact that they have different characteristics of eye perception, and for each of them the color will be different. It follows that the disputes, “what color really is,” are meaningless - only the dimension of what the “composition” of the radiation “actually” has is meaningful.
The right combination of colors - one of the most important components of your image and stylish, holistic interior. That is why we decided to share a cheat sheet with which you will not miss in the selection of colors for choosing clothes or choosing the design of your perfect apartment.
The color scheme consists of 12 basic colors. Three main (primary), three composite and six of the third order. In the colors of these groups are located at equal distances from each other.
The main colors are red, blue and yellow: because they cannot be obtained by mixing other colors.
COMPOSITE colors (green, orange, violet) are produced by mixing two primary colors: blue and yellow give green color; red and yellow - orange; blue and red - purple.
TERTIARY (colors of the third order) are obtained by mixing the primary and composite colors: red-purple, yellow-orange, blue-green, blue-purple, yellow-green and red-orange.
ADDITIONAL colors in the color wheel are directly opposite each other and, when mixed, produce neutral colors.
Pure and bright colors are located in the wide central ring of the color wheel (numbers 4, 12, 20, 28, 36, 44, 52, 60, 68, 76, 84 and 92).
In the four inner rings there are shades of the original color with the addition of different amounts of white, and in the three outer rings with the addition of black.
Selection of colors - quite responsible occupation. The combination of colors in design has always been the main of the main tasks (be sure to attach importance to color combinations, this is important)!
The color scale should not strain or unnerve, but, on the contrary, return the harmony spent during the day. The choice of colors begins with deciding what you still want from the color design (product or decor). Only in this way you will be able to choose the optimal combination of colors.
But how to use the color wheel? Yes, everything is very simple. There are several rules for the selection of colors, following which you can easily choose combinations of colors for interior design. Consider them.
Scheme № 1. Complimentary combination
Complimentary, or additional, contrasting colors are those that are located on opposite sides of the Itten color wheel. Their combination looks very lively and energetic, especially with maximum color saturation.
Scheme number 2. Triad - a combination of 3 colors
The combination of 3 colors lying at the same distance from each other. Provides high contrast while maintaining harmony. Such a composition looks quite lively even when using pale and unsaturated colors.
Scheme number 3. A similar combination
The combination of 2 to 5 colors, located next to each other on the color wheel (ideally - 2-3 colors). Impression: calm, comfortable. An example of a combination of similar muted colors: yellow-orange, yellow, yellow-green, green, blue-green.
Scheme No. 4. Separately complimentary combination
A variant of a complementary combination of colors, only instead of the opposite color, neighboring colors are used for it. The combination of the main color and two additional. This scheme looks almost as contrasting, but not so intense. If you are not sure that you can correctly use complementary combinations, use separate-complementary ones.
Scheme number 5. Tetrad - a combination of 4 colors
The color scheme, where one color - the main, two - complementary, and another highlights the accents. Example: blue-green, blue-purple, red-orange, yellow-orange.
Scheme number 6. Square
The combination of 4 colors, equidistant from each other. The colors here are dissimilar in tone, but also complimentary. Due to this, the image will be dynamic, playful and bright. Example: purple, red-orange, yellow, blue-green.
Combinations of individual colors
- White: combines with everything. The best combination with blue, red and black.
- Beige: with blue, brown, emerald, black, red, white.
- Gray: with fuchsia, red, purple, pink, blue.
- Pink: with brown, white, mint green, olive, gray, turquoise, pale blue.
- Fuchsia (dark pink): with gray, yellow-brown, lime, mint green, brown.
- Red: with yellow, white, brown, green, blue and black.
- Tomato red: blue, mint green, sandy, creamy white, gray.
- Cherry red: azure, gray, light orange, sandy, pale yellow, beige.
- Raspberry red: white, black, damask rose.
- Brown: bright blue, cream, pink, fawn, green, beige.
- Light brown: pale yellow, creamy white, blue, green, magenta, red.
- Dark brown: lemon yellow, cyan, mint green, magenta-pink, lime color.
- Reddish brown: pink, dark brown, blue, green, purple.
- Orange: blue, blue, purple, violet, white, black.
- Light orange: gray, brown, olive.
- Dark orange: pale yellow, olive, brown, cherry.
- Yellow: blue, purple, light blue, purple, gray, black.
- Lemon yellow: cherry red, brown, blue, gray.
- Pale yellow: fuchsia, gray, brown, shades of red, yellowish brown, blue, purple.
- Golden yellow: gray, brown, azure, red, black.
- Olive: orange, light brown, brown.
- Green: golden brown, orange, salad, yellow, brown, gray, cream, black, creamy white.
- Salad color: brown, tan, fawn, gray, navy, red, gray.
- Turquoise: fuchsia, cherry red, yellow, brown, cream, dark purple.
- The electrician is beautiful in combination with golden yellow, brown, light brown, gray or silver.
- Blue: red, gray, brown, orange, pink, white, yellow.
- Dark blue: light mauve, blue, yellowish green, brown, gray, pale yellow, orange, green, red, white.
- Lilac: orange, pink, dark purple, olive, gray, yellow, white.
- Dark purple: golden brown, pale yellow, gray, turquoise, mint green, light orange.
- Black is universal , elegant, looks in all combinations, best with orange, pink, salad, white, red, lilac or yellow.