What to do if you accidentally smashed goods in the store
It so happens that when choosing a product on a rack in a store, one careless movement and already an expensive bottle of whiskey flies to the floor and breaks. And an angry guard is moving toward you. What to do in this case? Today we will tell you how to behave and what to do if you accidentally smashed goods in the store. Warned, meaning protected.
The person who caused the harm is exempt from compensation for damage if it proves that the harm was caused not through his fault.
If you, strolling through the store, accidentally touched a rack with wine or fragile dishes, because of what the product crashed, then it is not your fault. In this situation, the administration of the store will be the first to blame due to non-compliance with the rules.
- The product on the shelf is unstable.
- The distance between the racks is less than 1.4 m (for shops up to 100 sq. M.) Or less than 2.5 m (for shops up to 400 sq. M.).
- The floors were slippery, you slipped and dropped the goods.
- Passages are made with boxes, “slides” of goods.
- The goods crashed, falling from the tape at the checkout.
Remember: you are obliged to pay for the damaged goods only if your guilt is proven in court .
Ask the administrator for a complaint book and describe in detail what happened. Specify a specific time - it will be easier to find recordings from a surveillance camera. Describe all the details: slippery floors, instability of the goods, etc.
If you left your contact details and said that you will pay for the goods only if the court decides in this way, but the security guard still does not let you out, you should know: it exceeds its authority, and is punished for it by law .
In such a situation, it is enough to remind the security officer that he exceeds his authority.
- State Inspectorate for Consumer Protection : Unstable Arrangement of Goods, Wet Floors.
- Fire supervision : narrow aisles, boxes and other unnecessary items between the racks.
- Law enforcement : the actions of the guard.
As a rule, it is enough to know your rights and tell the administration of the store about it. Litigation and extra checks they do not need anything, and they will simply leave you alone.
Via zakon.rada.gov.ua & UK of Ukraine.