Tactical hand signals
Before performing the tactical task of the group there is a problem of mutual understanding and communication. Naturally, with the search activities, no one will be in full voice to discuss the sequence of the doorway, the options for stripping corners, or to inform partners that there is a suspect around the corner. Meanwhile, without the exchange of information is indispensable, and it will be transmitted through non-verbal communication.
The means of non-verbal communication of paramount importance is physical contact with the partner, thanks to which the direction of his movement is literally felt, and accordingly a conclusion is made about which zone he controls. If someone notices something suspicious, the simplest thing is to put a hand on the partner's shoulder or stop him, grabbing him by the waistband.
Sign language is used for the transmission of abstract signals. The following variants of signals submitted by hands are divided into two parts. The first is a simplified, consisting of a small number of basic signal gestures, for law enforcement officers who are not members of the special groups, but in the service of the staff, who are facing problems with teamwork. The second option is a system of signs of special SWAT units that use the real sign language.
Attention! For non-verbal communication, only a weapon-free arm should be used, and the barrel of the weapon must always be pointed at the danger zone.
27 basic signals / gestures for tactical groups
- "I'm ready" - the signal is used to attract attention, (the hand is raised upwards, and you wave simply, back and forth, it seems, when we greet the friend)
- "I understand" - the gesture is used, the code fighter took the information, or completed the task, and is ready to proceed. (Thumbs up)
- "I did not understand" - the gesture says that the fighter did not accept the information. (The hand rises to the level of the face, and the palm outwards, we drive it, in front of the ear, to the nose).
- "Stop the fire" is a gesture for an immediate cease-fire. (Palm out, you drive your hand in front of your face, up and down).
- "Forward" means all the members of the group must move the beliefs. (The arm rises, and a swing is done in the direction.) You can use your arm bent at the elbow.
- "Stop" - the group stops moving, but the fighters can move into the shelter. (The signal is fed with an open palm toward the recipient, as if you are refusing something).
- "Zamri" - this signal means to freeze in the literal sense of the word. Do not run into shelter, do not fall to the ground, nothing at all. This signal is given, when an enemy patrol passes nearby, or the whole squad is already in the minefield. (The signal is raised, and with a bent hand, with a clenched fist.)
- "Duck" means to bend over to the ground. (It is given by movement of a hand, with the open palm, from top to downwards)
- "To rise" is the opposite, the signal "to bend down" (The hand moves from the bottom to the top)
- "Increase the interval" - this signal is given when the unit enters an open area, to increase the distance in the formation, or between formations. (Served up with two hands up.) Raise the palms to the sides.)
- "Reduce the interval" - served before the entrance of the patrol in a dense area, or, before a decisive attack of enemy positions, with the transition to close combat. (It is given by the hands lifted up, palms come together).
- "The movement of the column" means the whole detachment is following the guide. (the hand rises and waves backwards, this signal is the exact opposite of "Leave").
- "Wedge" - the attacking system. So the fighters must build a wedge from the fighting links, and prepare for the attack. (The signal is given, slightly raised with straight hands from the feet, it seems like an inverted "V".
- "Movement in the line" - the attacking system. They give before a decisive attack the positions of the enemy., That the detachment should be lined up on either side of the guide. (Hands are bent at sides at shoulder level.
- "Danger Zone" - is served most often, in front of an open area, or a glade. (The signal is fed by the chopping movement of the palm from the neck).
- "Motion under cover" - this signal means that the group will cross open areas of the shoulder-to-shoulder (This gesture is given by double tapping on the left shoulder.) Make sure everyone sees your left shoulder)
- "Report on the distance covered by the patrol" - in meters. (For this, you have to pat yourself, on any shoe). In the day, show your fingers a distance, 1 finger - 100 meters. At night in the ear.
- "Report on the number" - for assessing the number of the enemy, and assessing the degree of danger. (For this you need to pat on the top of the head). In the afternoon, the number is shown by fingers, at night in the ear.
- "Patrol commander - forward" - this means that the patrol commander must go to the vanguard. (Here you have to pat yourself on the forehead, patting on the chest means - forward squad leader, and on the groin commander of the link.)
- "Intelligence forward" is a command for reconnaissance patrol. (We show the two fingers from the eyes forward.)
- "Gathering around me" means that the fighters must surround the pointing in the circular defense. (Pull your arm up, and draw a circle over your head).
- "Assembly point" - this signal means a certain point of collection, it can be a stone, a fallen tree, a ravine. (Draw a circle above your head, and throw your hand toward the collection point)
- "Running" - the patrol passes to easy running. (We lift the arm bent at the elbow, we clench the fist, and move the hand up and down).
- "Step" - the patrol goes one step further. (We stretch the hand to the side, palm down, and move the hand up and down)
- "Prepare" means that the patrol must prepare for contact (but not open fire), with the enemy, in the direction indicated. (As if pounding their fists, in the direction of the enemy).
- "Opponent" - is shown, only when the presence of the enemy is confirmed. (show, at a short distance with the index finger, on the long, the machine above the head rises with the magazine up.)
- "Numbers" - are shown with fingers. (100 - one finger, if the distance is reported, and 1 tank, if you are reporting the amount of equipment.)
|You||I (Me)||Go here (here)|
|I hear (listen)||I see (look)||Faster|
|Stop||To die||This sector|
|We are moving forward (approach)||Enemy||Hostage|
|Sniper||Let||I take the leader|
|In the column (battle formation)||In a row (battle order)||In the line (battle order)|
|Wedge (battle formation)||Collection (all to me)||Pistol|
|Rifle||Automatic (pump)||Ammunition (equipment)|
|Transport||I got it||Do not understand|
| Moving bent down
(to bend down)
|Place of entry (eg)|