HOW TO LEAVE UNEXPECTED WITH AUTOSERVICE or 39 confessions of people who professionally repair cars
“Not to be deceived in the service station, you must either go on foot or do everything yourself.” Dmitry Slusarev, General Director of the network of service stations
2. - It happens that the masters do not immediately determine how many parts are damaged. Well, for example, a man drove us a Audi a6. There is a crankcase protection, but this did not prevent him from hitting a cobblestone and punching the crankcase. Well, we announced the replacement of the pallet. And then they unscrewed and we see that there is a crack on the second pallet too. Audi has two of them. From the side it looks as if we are breeding it. But in fact, we cannot disassemble the engine until new parts arrive. Because driving a car to a parking lot on a street with a disassembled engine is wrong. Dust, water, dirt ... Kirill, master of Audi service center
3. - The client has not changed the water in the barrel washer. The water is frozen. When you try to turn on the washer system is out of order. I drove the car to the service, left. Call: - You fuse blown.
He: - Well, fine, change, I'll take the car now.
We: - No, now will not work. We removed the tank, put bask on the battery. In the meantime, you changed the hoses, because they swelled from the cold. But they didn’t change the motor - it would cost you 7 thousand. As a result, they took 4700 from the client. And he was also glad that he had saved on the little engine, which, in fact, did not break. Sergey, the master of car service "Skoda"
4. - The less you understand in the car, the more expensive the repair. A woman defaults to twice as much. Therefore, they are constantly wondering what is so expensive. One broke off the tip of the probe in the washer reservoir. So the guys explained to her that now the tip of the probe on the hose will get into the engine, the engine will start knocking, then the box will close ... We look - it really sits and sobs. Believe it. Crying that there is no such money. We then barely convinced her that there was nonsense.
Igor, master of car service "Polyus +"
5. - Do not be afraid to ask and clarify if some moments are incomprehensible - you are not a pro and do not have to understand the intricacies. In a normal service, everything is always explained. And some are afraid to appear like kettles and agree to nod when they are offered an expensive, complicated, but not always necessary procedure. You just need to ask, and then agree. Dmitry Slusarev, General Director of Japauto.ru
6. If you left the car and changed some details in it, let them present the old ones. Here is a “Subaru” with this normal: you bring the car in for repair. You take it, and in your trunk in the box from the new pads are old, in the box from under the disks are old disks, in the packages from the hoses - hoses. We immediately see that you honestly changed everything. But, of course, there are much more stories when old parts will not be interrogated. "And we threw out." “Where have you thrown it out, show it?” “Well, the container has already been taken away.” In fact, they either did not change it at all, or the part was not completely killed yet, the master put it in a locker. Then put it to someone. Well, it happens when a person has something covered, but there is no new one in the warehouse. And then the master wizard gets what he wants from the cabinet. "Well, let me give you this type for now, put it on, and then buy a new one, replace it." Double fat. First, on the second-hand part. Secondly, on the double removal / installation of this part. Volodya, car mechanic with 10 years of experience
7. - It is advisable, if possible, to be present during the repair. This will avoid such moments:
the work really isn't done, but it fits into the work order,
Oil does not drain all, but only half, then a new, unused amount of oil is added to the mechanic sells to the left
not original or new part is being installed.
Dmitry Slusarev, General Director of Japauto.ru
8. The fact that you are standing nearby is not a panacea either. We still need to understand the car and what is being done to it. I see the client through. And how can you be sure that with you, I will definitely do everything as it should. Well, yes, bolts, of course, with a sledgehammer when you hammer is not correct. But there is, for example, one box repair operation, when you can crawl outside and fix everything in 5 minutes. And you can disassemble half of the car and the entire box on the screws to do the same operation. Money, you know, different.
Sergei. Car "Zhiguli"
9. - On the details of the suspension can be diluted constantly. It is only necessary for the client to say that “there is something knocking”. There actually may be some kind of gum worn out. And he will immediately begin to gasp, that right here you have a ball and a steering wheel and a tail end ... In short, stretch from the collector to the tread. Is he on the ball? Fine. Oh, and you can still knock the caliper. And the CV joint.
In general, come for the car tomorrow, we'll do everything. Then they change that cheap gum, and the bill rolls out over half the suspension. But the knock was over! The customer is happy. Vadim. Car "Zhiguli"
10. Before you take the car to repair, it is desirable to monitor the market and roughly represent the level of prices for the required work and the necessary parts. This monitoring can be carried out once, when choosing the actual service. Well, and then sometime once, for complacency. Dmitry Slusarev, General Director of Japauto.ru
11. - Divorce for the "replacement" of serviceable parts is especially popular if, when servicing, your spare parts warehouse. Here they are welded and on the wrap on spare parts, and on the replacement, which was not. Volodya, car mechanic with 10 years of experience
12. - The probability of being deceived or overpaying decreases if you use the services of the same establishment where they know you and your car. Sergey, the master of car service "Skoda"
13. - Now a lot of clever people have divorced , who strive to dump all problems on the service. One handsome man repaired all the time in some gray garages. And when I crashed the car, I came to us to swear that the car was bad, and that it wasn’t at the official service that the brakes were adjusted to it. We look at the database - it has never been officially official at all. Well, they showed him a computer, he died down. But it's better never to do that. We, too, have blacklists. We can then refuse to service. Well, we can adjust some kind of surprise too. Vadim, master of authorized service.
14. Even worse, when a client tried to breed us , and then either filed a lawsuit or went to make noise on blogs or on the forum. There, of course, the case is scolded. But now the fashion has gone: he has nakosyachil himself, but he is trying to leave on national anger. I have already said that we are able to take revenge. Some can and leave a rat under the hood. She then in the garage will eat all the wires and whatnot. You can get on such money ... Vadim, master of authorized service.
15. In general, we had a genius who twisted the mileage on his car . Well, somewhere the craftsmen did it to him, but they did it crookedly. The edging around the speedometer cracked, the computer started to give out some crap. So he said this to us all - to repair the warranty! What the fuck guarantee, if our database had 60 thousand mileage six months ago, and now for some reason fifteen. He also screamed, bent his fingers ... I do not want to talk, but the guys from the syringe under the upholstery chased a couple of chicken proteins. He was running for sale twisted? Well, now let him sell with such a stench. And this is almost forever. An authorized service wizard who asked not to be named.
16. - The service tries to solve issues of warranty and claims immediately and quietly , if, of course, there are really fault problems in the service. At the same time, most of the car-care centers, just in case, are trying to dismiss all charges. Therefore, in the event of faults after repair, or the slightest suspicion of them, you must immediately notify the service. Variants like “I was with you half a year ago, did this and that, and then I caught fire or haywire something, but I was busy, the car was standing, and now I arrived so handsome” will not ride. Dmitry Slusarev, General Director of Japauto.ru
17. Lawyers also sometimes differ . They want to show that they are the coolest. And of course we’ll still need him for repairs, because he will sue us in seven articles. Yeah. Will sue. He then better to sell this car immediately. Because we, too, have our own gypsy post. And if, let's say, he no longer pokes at our service, but tries to fix it on another, there are already people in the know. Be sure: they will do it inconspicuously so that later the whole machine will fall down.
An authorized service wizard who asked not to be named.
18. Even if a woman herself handed over a car to the service, the man still has to accept the work . Well, here I am auto mechanic. The girlfriend is calling. He says that her service counted 14 thousand for some kind of nonsense. I come. And there, with the help of technology, oil plug is being replaced with oil. Cork costs 30 dollars. In the service book it is written that the oil is only specific for this machine, otherwise the machine flies out of warranty. I look at the label - they poured another. Plus replacement pads, something else. I'm starting to check. Cork is old. Old pads, and all. Oil is different. Well, in short, made a scandal. And this is the official dealer. In the end, all changed, poured the correct oil and counted. Instead of 14 thousand, it turned out to be 3,700. Andrei, the tinsmith of the Nissan service center.
19. On metalwork works it is simpler to dissolve, than on body. Points more. There is a bolt, here is a gadget, there is a gadget. A lot of everything. And on the tin, so what? Well, the wings, there are four of them. But also, of course, there are options. For example, write out a new door, and take the old one. Riht, putty, paint ... Outwardly, it seems not to be seen. But then, of course, the problems will come out. Vladimir, a mechanic with 10 years of experience.
20. Instead of the Japanese door can put the Turkish. How to distinguish? The Japanese under the seams, where it is bent, always go factory sealant. A small sausage under the paint, it is there for life, it can be seen. And on any left-side parts of the sealant is not, just bent. But of course, it is necessary to know, so as not to divorce. Andrew, tinsmith car service "Nissan".
21. For tin painting it is necessary to take the work very carefully. Often leave undrawn places where it is not visible. Under the same washer tank, for example. Or the area under the battery when struck left. The wing was welded outside, but it was not straightened, then the battery would stand crookedly or not fit at all. We must look not only outside, in short. Under the fenders peek what's going on. Andrew, tinsmith car service "Nissan".
22. Than the official service is good - they only have native parts. Moreover, if you bring your own some other manufacturer, there will be no warranty for repair. They will write in a dress that customer parts, there is no guarantee. Gray services have the opposite. There you will likely put anything, but not native. Sergey, the master of car service "Skoda"
23. God forbid to be repaired in various dubious garages at our Caucasian friends. There, of course, cheaper, but then you will give three more prices to correct after them. When I came uncle on the classics. It turned out that it was necessary to change all the balls, and he had only two with him. But they said that they have, come in two hours. Well, he went somewhere to eat. So they immediately removed the ball from another car, which they had to paint on. They put his old ones there, and him from her. Also unknown what. Igor, master of car service "Polyus +"
24. I would not really trust car services that are located near the car market. On the market, how? There are so-called "restored" parts. Traction, ball, etc. You push them as new, just cheaper. And take from the same services, after replacement. Others insert gum, wash, paint from a can - that's all, new.
Well, it is clear that such a detail will withstand you a thousand kilometers, well, two. And then again to repair. And so on to infinity. Volodya, car mechanic with 10 years of experience
25. I remember in the 90s the people handed over the car for repairs. I, for example, open the trunk light bulb change, and there Kalash. I call the client, they say so and so. And he "interferes? And you move it. ”And that's it. Well, it is clear that we tried to do this client very well. So you can leave in the trunk a model of Kalash. They are sold as souvenirs. Then they will fix it on conscience and will not take too much. Kirill, Audi car service master
26. As a rule, more professional and profitable in terms of value for money will make work in the service, specializing in any one or several brands. In this case, the staff is more familiar with the nuances of your car model, the warehouse is optimized for specific models. Dmitry Slusarev, General Director of Japauto.ru
27. If the mechanic is competent, he can “sew” another key ring to the alarm system, and then hand it over to the hijackers. Very often, the hijackers have their own people in services who simply prepare the car for the hijacking. Therefore, it is better to repair on one proven service. And where there is a clear control of which master did what work. Then it can be easily calculated and he simply will not risk. But in general, you can read the instructions to the signaling. There is an option to check how many keychains are stitched to your car. If after the service appears extra, immediately call the police and go to the specialists on the signaling code to change.
Vadim, master of authorized service.
28. Sometimes a car can be scratched and even crushed when it’s done. On the good, the adoption of the machine to repair you need to start with an inventory. Especially if you leave it there indefinitely. What tires, what drives that in the trunk, glove compartment. It is clear that not everyone does it, but you can demand it. And receiving, carefully inspect. In order for your damage, made in the inventory, not added new ones. Once we have a client car from the parking brake fell off - and about the post. Wing painted at their own expense. But on another service could say that it was. Volodya, car mechanic with 10 years of experience
29. If a driver drives you in your car, and he drives her to the service and services there, he can simply agree with the master there. Ostensibly they change something. For example, pump. In fact, they simply scrub it and launder it to look like new. As a result, a new pump is discharged from the warehouse. But it remains in the office. Antifreeze, consumables, too, and drove it all paid by the client card. Well, he, of course, with this fifty dollars or a hundred bucks. And people then wonder why the new beha breaks down all the time. Igor, master of car service "Polyus +"
30. It is clear that the spare part, which according to the regulations must be changed, but which in principle is still similar, the masters often try to keep. But, if the client is nearby, you just can’t put her in the locker? He will immediately decide that they have changed in vain, or he wants to keep himself in stock. Therefore, an experienced master defiantly, when the client throws the item in the trash. It is desirable that there are already some smelly rags lying around, buttered with oil. Well, you can throw it with a crash - you just need to know how to throw. From the garbage, then not everyone will take. And moreover, you can also take it yourself not immediately after the client leaves. And then he will forget something, come back. Or especially for the detail will come if the toad strangle. And I have it there and lying around - on, take it. Sergei. Car "Zhiguli"
31. Never need to diagnose the machine yourself, otherwise you will not pay. And it happens, the client will arrive all in horror: “Ah! My engine began to smoke! Disassemble, change! ”And he can just spill oil on the block when he refilled. It happens. Just after the words "disassemble the engine," he will be dismantled a hundred pounds. You just need to ask the diagnosis and for a long time incredulously examine its results. And there may be some nonsense. Volodya, a mechanic with 10 years of experience.
32. And it also happens when a client arrives and with a wise look says: “Change my pump. And that knocks. " Well, they change the pump, belt, antifreeze, gaskets there all sorts. He starts, but still knocks. And then it turns out that this is not a pump, but a generator. Bearing there worn out. And about the pump he was advised in the garage by Uncle Vasya, who just booted up next to him and decided to suddenly pass for the clever: “Pump, I'm telling you!” Diagnostics should be done by professionals. And even better - in two different services, so that different professionals put one diagnosis.
Vadim, master of authorized service.
33. On many authorized services you are charged 500 rubles or more for entry only. Type in this includes tire inflation, battery check, some other nonsense preliminary. I had a slightly lower left rear wheel on my car. I specifically checked: three times in a year I came to the officers. And all three times no one swapped anything and did not even check. Igor, master of car service "Polyus +"
34. It happens that the client just burned out a light bulb. And he was bred "oh, yes, you have wiring, shift paddles, foot lock" - and drove in full. And the phrase “and by the way, we just have one” is very captivating to the client. That is, he was lucky that we only have today and only for him this spare part in stock. Then it's just not strange to change it, right?
Igor, master of the LADA service
35. The worst thing for a client is when he tried to repair something himself. Any professional service worker can change parts locally. That is, he will not remove more details than necessary. A teapot, however, usually interferes with everything, and it will certainly unscrew the excess. And then the wrong will collect. Or there the pin will break, the thread will be ripped off - that's all you can see. And then all these sins will be counted to him. Ну, и еще добавят, чтобы он больше к машине на пушечный выстрел с отверткой не подходил. Володя, автослесарь с 10-летним стажем
36. А еще хуже, когда чинил сам, сломал, приехал к нам и пытается нам внушить, что это мы ему так все сделали во время прошлого его визита. Например, приезжает мужик: «Поменяйте колодки. Но только с одной стороны.» И я уже знаю, что на одной он их сам сменил. А на другой что-то сломал, погнул – и теперь будет гнать, что это мы ему накосячили. Таких ушлых наказывают. Могут или что-то в движок подкинуть, или еще чего. Володя, автослесарь с 10-летним стажем
37. Есть машины, которые в принципе сделаны так, что чиниться могут только на авторизованном сервисе. Например, рено. Даже в самой простой модели нельзя ничего чинить самому. Например, нельзя поменять ремень в гараже. На жигулях стоит специальная шпонка, чтобы все правильно выставить, и метки. А в рено нет ни шпонок, ни меток. Звездочка тупо проворачивается, и без специального оборудования ты никогда не узнаешь, как потом всё собрать. Sergei. Автосервис «Жигули»
38. Дешевых машин не бывает. Если у неё низкая отпускная цена, значит с тебя потом доберут за ремонт. Все просчитано. Ты отдашь на сервисе разницу. Например, на фольксваген ТО стоит по 3-4 тысячи рублей. Тупо масло меняют, инжектор моют, что-то еще по мелочи. А рено – это вор в семье. Там только помыть инжектор 5 с чем-то тыщ стоит. Причем после промывки машина двое суток не тянет. Клиенты воют: «Я к вам приехал быстрее, чем уехал после вашей промывки». И еще, что плохо в рено: там все слесаря универсалы. У них все работы по твоей тачке делает один человек. Ну и можешь представить, что если он электрик от бога, то не факт, что такой же спец в остальном. Но ты это узнаешь потом, когда машину получишь. Кирилл, мастер автосервиса «Ауди»
39. У механиков есть поговорка: «Сделал машину хорошо – потерял клиента». Реально, если ты нормально все чинишь, клиент приедет к тебе где-то через полгода масло менять. And that's all. А если чуть-чуть подхалтурил, то у него потихоньку чего-то сыпаться постоянно будет. Хотя честность клиенты ценят. Например, если у соседа такая же тачка все время в ремонте, а у него как часы работает, то он и при замене масла может хорошие чаевые дать за то, что ничего не ломается. Но не всем этих чаевых, конечно, достаточно. So draw conclusions.
Володя, автослесарь с 10-летним стажем