Toning, standards, how to avoid fine?
Toning - changing the light-transmitting, color and reflecting properties of car windows. At the moment, three methods of car window tinting are used:
- Sputtering - the essence of spraying is to apply a thin layer of metal or polymer to the glass.
- Window films - the essence of the method is to glue the film to the glass of the car.
- Protective screens fabric - the essence of the method is to install a protective screen of a darkened, special fabric, in the window opening of the car. The screen consists of a frame and fabric that has the necessary protective properties. The protective screen is manufactured in accordance with the brand of the vehicle.
We will tell you how to avoid a fine for an improperly toned car, where and by what standards the light transmission capacity of the glass is checked.
1) The inspector will be able to draw up a protocol for toning and remove the numbers only after measuring the light transmittance of the glasses. If the crew does not have the equipment - you can safely wave the handle and go further under the inspector's sad look.
2) If there is an apparatus, check for a valid certificate and seals on the case. In addition, the permissible power of the device is 12 volts (plus minus 0.6 volts), we also check the power supply to which the inspector connects the device. Do not connect to your cigarette lighter. Any discrepancy (for example, a Chinese battery without badges) is gudbai, the police.
3) Find out the thickness of your glasses. Most instruments are not certified for thickness measurements of glass thicknesses of 7.5 mm , thick glasses can only be measured with BLIC + devices (simple Blick does not roll) and TONIC . Declare to the inspector that the thickness of your glass is 9mm , and he does not have the right to make gauges. Let him check or prove the opposite.
4) Many devices (the same BLIC) are able to measure light transmittance at temperatures up to -10 degrees Celsius . But according to GOST 27902, measurements can be made only in warm weather (from 15 to 25 degrees Celsius), so that the device can be equipped with a large striped bolt. Permissible humidity according to GOST - 45-80%, atmospheric pressure - 645-795 mm. It is forbidden to make measurements in the rain and mud, but there are no restrictions on the time of day - they can measure at least in the dead of night.
5) To establish the air temperature, relative humidity and atmospheric pressure, the inspector should have an attested hygrometer, a barometer and a thermometer. Otherwise, it can not be determined that external conditions allow measurements to be taken.
6) You have the right to require 2 witnesses, and the measurement should be made at 3 different points on 3 samples (STB 1640-2006). If the inspector in the presence of witnesses (or at least the camera) made a stop at 1 point and started compiling a protocol, he is declared invalid.
The probability that all these conditions at the time of stopping your car will be met, confidently tends to zero. Nevertheless, if the measure still took place and met all the requirements, we can not lose numbers. We will fight.
We recall old norms, as well as controversial regulations.
- Only inspectors of technical supervision (NOT Police inspectors) can check the light transmittance of glasses and only at stationary posts.
- To check the technical condition of the car (including the light transmittance of glasses) is possible only in the absence of a valid vehicle inspection certificate.
On posts more often only a copy of certificates and certificates of checking for devices are stored. These copies are certified with a blue seal, but with confident poker, you can tell the inspector that the copy must be notarized - I've repeatedly met on the Internet stories where such a bluff rolled. The inspector did not want to argue and let go of the car with the driver.