Toning standards, how to avoid a fine?
Toning - a change in light transmission, color and reflective properties of car windows. At the moment, there are three ways to tint car windows:
- Sputtering - the essence of sputtering is the deposition of a thin layer of metal or polymer on the glass.
- Window films - the essence of the method lies in gluing the film to the glass of the car.
- Fabric protective shields - the essence of the method is to install a protective screen of a darkened, special fabric in the window opening of the car. The screen consists of a frame and fabric with the necessary protective properties. The protective screen is made in accordance with the brand of the vehicle.
We will tell you how to avoid a fine for an improperly tinted car, where and according to what standards a test of the glass light transmission capacity takes place.
1) The inspector will be able to draw up a protocol for tinting and removing the numbers only after measuring the light transmission of the glasses. If the crew has no apparatus, you can safely swing the handle and go further under the sad glance of the inspector.
2) If the device is still there, check the presence of a valid certificate and seal on the case. In addition, the permissible power supply of the device is 12 volts (plus minus 0.6 volts), we also check the power supply to which the inspector connects the device. Do not connect to your cigarette lighter. Any discrepancy (for example, a Chinese battery with unmarked characters) - Goodbye, police.
3) Find out the thickness of your glass. Most of the devices are not certified for measuring the darkness of glasses thicker than 7.5 mm , on thick glasses it can only be measured with instruments BLIC + (simple Flare does not roll) and TONIC . Tell the inspector that the thickness of your glass is 9mm , and he is not entitled to take measurements. Let checks or proves the opposite.
4) Many devices (the same BLIC) can measure light transmittance at temperatures up to -10 degrees cold . But according to GOST 27902, measurements can be made only in warm weather (from 15 to 25 degrees Celsius), so a large striped bolt can be placed on the capabilities of the device. Permissible humidity according to GOST - 45-80%, atmospheric pressure - 645-795 mm. It is forbidden to take measurements in rain and dirt, but there are no restrictions on the time of day - they can measure at least late at night.
5) To set the air temperature, relative humidity and atmospheric pressure, the inspector must have attorneys a hygrometer, a barometer and a thermometer. Otherwise, to determine that the external conditions allow the measurement, he can not.
6) You have the right to demand 2 witnesses, and the measurement should be made at 3 different points on 3 samples (STB 1640-2006). If an inspector in the presence of attesting witnesses (or at least on camera) measured at 1 point and began drawing up a protocol, they recognize him as invalid.
The likelihood that all these conditions at the time of stopping your car will be met, surely tends to zero. However, if the measurement still took place and met all the requirements, we cannot be deprived of numbers. We will fight.
We recall the old rules, as well as controversial regulations.
- Only the inspectors of technical supervision (NOT the inspectors of the Police) and only at stationary posts can check the light transmission of glass.
- Check the technical condition of the car (including the light transmission of glass) is possible only in the absence of a valid vehicle inspection ticket.
On the posts, most often they keep only a copy of certificates and verification certificates on the instruments. These copies are certified by a blue seal, but with a confident poker interface you can tell the inspector that the copy must be notarized - I have repeatedly seen stories on the Internet where such a bluff rolled. The inspector did not want to argue and let the car with the driver.