What if the glass fogs up?
Wet weather, autumn, temperature changes can cause the car windows to fog up.
One of the main reasons is quite trivial - not all drivers know how to properly use the system of ventilation and heating the car.
Especially this situation is annoying when in the morning you are late for work or hurrying somewhere. To avoid this "misfortune", use an external air intake.
Wishing to warm up the salon as quickly as possible, often for this purpose the outside air intake is blocked. As a result, from evaporation from wet mats, from clothes and shoes, as well as from breathing in the cabin, the air becomes more humid, which leads to internal fogging of the panes. By the way, to shut off the damper so that the outside air does not enter the interior, it is recommended basically to exclude the ingress of exhaust gases into it. This is especially true when you get into a traffic jam.
You will need:
- couple of socks;
- silica gel filler for cat litter.
In order to make it easier to fill a sock, stretch its elastic band onto a roll of scotch.
Socks should be without holes!
Put silica gel filler in the toe.
Well tie it up on the knot.
Pull one more sock on top.
Then you can put the sock directly on the dashboard or under the seat.
Filler for the cat's toilet will remove excess moisture from the car's interior.
If this simple trick does not work, you may have a clogged cabin air filter, which leads to insufficient intake of outside air. Remember when you changed it last time? Alternatively, it can simply be vacuumed.
Using fluffy mats also contributes to excessive fogging of the windows - they absorb moisture, like a sponge.
The increased humidity in the cabin can also signal to the owner of the car that door or window seals are broken, and water enters the interior through defects.
And further. Some "folk craftsmen", in order to keep the heat in the winter, clog the ventilation holes, which are provided by the manufacturers. This also leads to excessive humidity in the cabin.
- After you start the engine, turn on the rear window defroster. (By the way, on many modern cars this very convenient option is also used for windshields).
- You can slightly open the front windows - thus you can create a small draft.
- Turn on the maximum power of the windscreen. (It should be remembered here that, at negative temperatures, too hot air can promote the formation of cracks in the windshield).
- A very effective way to "pick up" excess moisture is to turn on the air conditioner. And it's not terrible that the stove can be turned on - its radiator collects moisture well outside the salon. The scheme "the heater warms - the air conditioner dries" works perfectly at any temperatures.
- During warming up of the car it is desirable not to be in the cabin - additional humidity from your breathing does not contribute to rapid weathering.
- After a trip in the cold period, ventilate the salon for a while.
Well, as an alternative, we can also offer products of auto chemical goods. Now there is a large selection of anti-fenders, which, according to the manufacturers, operate to minus 25 degrees. How effective they are, you can see for yourself. Uniform, do not forget that they must be applied on dry glass.
Share with your friends this wonderful life for your car!