What to do if the glass is misted?
Wet weather, autumn, temperature fluctuations can be the causes of fogging car windows.
One of the main reasons is quite banal - not all drivers know how to properly use the system of ventilation and heating of the car.
This situation is especially annoying when you are late for work in the morning or hurry somewhere. To avoid this "misfortune", use outdoor air intake.
Wanting to warm up the cabin as quickly as possible, often for this purpose the outside air intake is blocked. As a result, the air becomes more humid from evaporation from wet mats, clothing and footwear, as well as from breathing in the cabin, which leads to internal fogging of the glasses. By the way, shut off the flap so that the outside air does not enter the salon, it is recommended mainly to prevent exhaust gases from entering it. This is especially true when hit in a traffic jam.
You will need:
- couple of socks;
- silica gel cat litter.
In order to make it easier to fill the sock, pull his gum onto a roll of scotch.
Socks should be without holes!
Put the silica gel filler in the sock.
Tie it up well on the knot.
Pull on top of another sock.
Then you can put the sock directly on the dashboard or under the seat.
Cat litter will remove excess moisture from inside the car.
If this simple technique does not help, you may have a clogged cabin air filter, which leads to insufficient intake of outside air. Remember when you last changed it? Alternatively, it can be simply vacuumed.
The use of fleecy rugs also contributes to excessive fogging of the glasses - they absorb moisture like a sponge.
High humidity in the cabin can also signal to the car owner that the door or window seals are broken, and water gets inside through defects.
And further. Some "craftsmen", in order to preserve heat in the winter, clog the ventilation holes, which are provided by manufacturers. This also leads to excessive moisture in the cabin.
- After you start the engine, turn on the rear window defroster. (By the way, on many modern cars this very convenient option is also applied to the windshield).
- You can slightly open the front glass - thus you can create a small draft.
- Turn on the maximum power blowing glass. (It must be remembered here that at low temperatures too hot air can contribute to the formation of cracks on the windshield).
- A very effective way to “pick up” excess moisture is to turn on the air conditioner. And it’s not scary that the stove can be turned on - its radiator perfectly collects moisture outside the cabin. The scheme “stove heats - air conditioning dries” works great at any temperature.
- While the car is warming up, it is advisable not to be in the cabin - the additional moisture from your breathing does not contribute to a rapid weathering.
- After a trip in the cold period, air the cabin for a while.
Well, as an alternative, you can also offer products and autochemistry. Now offers a large selection of defrosters, which, according to manufacturers, operate up to minus 25 degrees. How effective they are, you can see for yourself. Unique, do not forget that they should be applied to dry glass.
Share with your friends this wonderful life hacking for your car!