10 consequences of the transition to a smaller wheel size
We discuss the transition to disks with a smaller radius in the size range RECOMMENDED by the manufacturer.
Usually, with such a change, the height of the tire profile generally changes.
Also, the question of the difference in the properties of tires is not considered, but only the main trends of the transition to a smaller size.
- The sharpness of the reaction to the action of the steering wheel deteriorates, the speed of the rearrangement is reduced ;
- Improves comfort when passing small and medium irregularities;
- On large irregularities , the risk of disk damage is reduced ;
- The cost of tires is typically less than in the case of large sizes. Similarly, with the cost of repairs and tire fitting .;
- Improves elasticity in higher gears;
- Increases the maximum speed (not always);
- The car looks more often than not as sporty as in the case of large wheels;
- Reduces fuel consumption (not always);
- The reaction to inhibition changes towards an earlier lock;
- The load on the suspension is reduced.
The result: more practicality and comfort in exchange for appearance and control.