10 consequences of the transition to a smaller wheel size
The transition to discs with a smaller radius in the size range RECOMMENDED by the manufacturer is discussed.
Usually, with such a replacement, the tire profile height changes mainly.
Also does not address the issue of differences in the properties of tires, but only the main trends of transition to a smaller size.
- The sharpness of the reaction to the action of the steering wheel worsens, the speed of the implementation of the resetting is reduced
- Improves comfort when driving small and medium irregularities;
- On large bumps reduces the risk of damage to the disk;
- The cost of tires in a typical case is less than in the case of large sizes. Similarly, with the cost of repairs and tire fittings .;
- Improves elasticity in higher gears;
- Increases the maximum speed (not always);
- The car looks most often not as sporty as in the case of large wheels;
- Reduced fuel consumption (not always);
- Reactions to braking in the direction of earlier blocking change ;
- Reduces the load on the suspension.
The bottom line: more practicality and comfort in exchange for appearance and handling.