System of gestures of drivers on the road or Signs of driving solidarity
You drive your new car and rush along the highway. Cars flew past you, you enjoy speed. Suddenly, a passing driver twice signaled to you, the one that is driving from behind turned on the far-beam headlights. What's going on?
A bit of history
Agree, stick out of the car window and scream ahead of the driving driver that his rear left wheel is down, not the safest thing to do. This is what most car enthusiasts around the world think, so a special signal alphabet of drivers was created, which facilitates understanding on the road.
It is difficult to say when and in which country the first time to use various conditional signals to facilitate communication on the road, but it is reliably known that the distribution of the signal alphabet of drivers in Russia was contributed by the militia itself.
Approximately thirty years ago, in an even then Soviet newspaper was printed an article with the words of one police officer. The policeman was outraged by what was happening on the roads of the decaying West: drivers warn each other with headlamp signals about police posts and ambushes. Like, that's how they are all bad.
In response to this article, motorists of the entire Soviet Union flashed lights.
The headlights were designed to illuminate the road to motorists. But as it turned out, this is not their only function.
Motorists often use such a light signal as two short flashes of high-beam headlights. It is possible to interpret this sign in different ways, it all depends on a certain situation. If you "winked" the headlights with a counter car - her driver warns you about the danger. Most often this danger is the post of traffic police or an accident on the road.
When driving cars it is not appropriate to stick out of the window of your car and find out the relationship with words and gestures. It is better to be more tactful on the road and often pay attention to the signals of the other driver.
Two short flashing highlights? You can confidently pass - you give way. But do not forget to thank the car enthusiast with one short flashing of the emergency lamps.
Is the car driving behind me signaling the high-beam headlights in the back? This means that her driver requires you to give up the lane. Of course, this is not the most tactful gesture, but it is better to give way to a hurrying driver. Having noticed such a signal, turn on the turn signal and smoothly adjust to the next row.
Unlike the post-Soviet space in European countries, this signal is replaced by a more tactful one: the driver asks to give way by turning on the left turn signal.
In addition to the usual flashing lights on the road use another: alternate switching from the main beam headlights to the near. Thus, motorists report that you blind them with headlights. In this case, you need to switch to the dipped beam. Do not forget that the headlights should always be properly adjusted.
Signals with turn signals
It would seem that everything is simple: turn on the right turn signal - turn to the right, turn left - left. But even here motorists came up with certain signals.
Usually, drivers of trucks use turn signals as a means of communicating information. If the left turn signal is operating continuously in front of the moving wagon - the driver of this vehicle warns you: "There is a danger ahead! Do not overtake me. " Did the truck finally catch fire on the right turn signal? You can safely outrun the vehicle ahead.
By the way about trucks: if you are overtaken by a wagon, wink at the driver with high-beam headlights after completing his maneuver. So you not only help the truck driver to determine when to complete the overtaking, but also to protect your vehicle from collision with the wagon.
In Europe, the inclusion of the left turn signal is asked to give way.
Signals by emergency lamps
Emergency lights are primarily designed for emergency braking when your vehicle has some kind of malfunction. "Accidents" are especially indispensable at night, when it is simply impossible for the driver of a driving car to see a car standing on the road in a few seconds.
Now more and more often emergency lamps are used as a gesture of gratitude, when you brought certain inconveniences to others. Thank the driver of the neighboring car for the opportunity to make a maneuver by briefly switching on the "emergency".
Sometimes the use of light or sound signals is simply inappropriate, for example, when communicating with pedestrians or in a traffic jam. In such situations, use more human forms of signals.
Does the driver of a neighboring car lock the door tightly? Make a gesture to the side of his door, if necessary, pay attention to the sound signal. The same gesture is used if something is stuck in the doorway, for example, a safety belt.
Flapping the palm through the air will mean that you have a trunk open.
The driver, making a gesture with his hand, like a blinking light bulb, recalls that it's time to turn on the headlights.
If the driver of a neighboring car points to your shoulder, you need to stop and find out what's wrong: your car has some kind of malfunction.
Show the driver a fig if a cobblestone is stuck between the rear double wheels of his vehicle. This often happens in trucks, trucks, "gazelles" and other similar machines.
Passing pedestrians in front of your car, wave them to the window. Your facial expressions they just can not see because of the glare of the sun on the windshield, and the sound signal will scare them.
According to the rules, the sound signal can only be used to prevent an accident. However, now more and more often it is used to express their dissatisfaction with a schoolchild who is running across the road or a gaping "teapot". Of course, not everyone will notice the light signal. Be that as it may, use the sound signal only in extreme situations, especially in the city.
The most popular signal
In the afternoon on the main lines Two short flashes of the main beam from the oncoming vehicle - a warning about the obstacle ahead: the inspector of the traffic police in the bushes or a serious accident that will cause the speed to decrease. In response, it is customary to raise the palm: "Thank you."
In addition, the flashing of the main beam in the dark may mean a request to the oncoming car to switch the main beam to the near. At night on highways Blinking of the left turn signal is a danger or an ambush. The blinking of the far-off light - "you blind the distant."
If the car flashes from behind traditionally it is a request to miss it, give way when there is no way to safely restructure.
If you are flashing an alarm in the dark, it means that the driver warns that the far-away light traveling behind the car blinds him, reflecting in the far-away mirror.
What other signs the driver should know
Ask the person who is going behind to "observe the distance" is possible by flashing stops. If you approach the tail of the "plug" or in front of you sudden braking, you need to blink "emergency", until the rear car arrives sufficiently close to make it clear that the signal is understood. If there is no one behind, you should blink "emergency cars" until someone takes the baton.
If the overtaking machine does not return to its lane and does not turn off the left turn signal when the vehicle is overtaken on the road, then the driver shows that there are no cars on the oncoming lane and you can overtake.
The right turn signal and several blinks distant from the rear of the car - please stop by the roadside.
Hazard signals: If the neighbor has something to do with the car, you can draw his attention with horn and show the source of the problem.
Signs of gratitude
For the attention shown on the road is accepted to thank. Usually this hand raised in the salute is the most popular signal of gratitude. In addition, you can blink "emergency" a couple of times. In response, you can sometimes hear a short beeping saying, but okay, what really there ...
A peculiar gentleman's code is followed by truckers. On narrow tracks, when the truck closes the whole view to you, the old-school trucker will give a right turn as a sign that the road ahead is empty and can be overtaken; or left, which means you can not overtake.
GAI officers often stop drivers warning the oncoming vehicles about the road police stations. But in fact they can not bring any charges against them, as it is very difficult to prove. However, the signal alphabet greatly facilitates the understanding of drivers on the road, and, therefore, helps to prevent unpleasant consequences.
- Featured fig with an indication of the wheel - STONE IN THE WHEEL !!! (between two wheels) / usually truckers show ...
- Two short high-beam signals - FORWARD WASTE, FORWARD DANGER (CLEAR, ACCIDENT);
- To pat yourself on the shoulder (epaulets) - GO GAI !!!!
- Blinking with headlights and portray a gesture of photographing - PHOTOGRAPHER !!!;
- One long beacon signal from the back hemisphere - GIVE UP THE ROAD !!! ;
- One long beacon signal "on the forehead" or from the side - "MISS!". (Can be combined with a sound signal);
- One short signal by the headlights of the driving beam "in the forehead" or in the side in the city congestion - I PASS !. (For better understanding it is desirable to combine with the appropriate hand gesture);
- Left turn signal on a straight road - DANGER! DO NOT OVERGATE! COUNTER!";
- Right turn signal - FORWARD FREE! INTERFERENCE IS NO CHOICE !;
- After this, it is obligatory - several times to blink with a crash - THANKS, BROTHER !;
- A whistle "in the back" after the previous paragraph - NOT FOR WHAT !!! GOOD LUCK !;
- Ahead of the car running, the flashlight flashes aggressively. SWITCH ON THE MIDDLE LIGHT !!!
- When overtaking you with a wagon, blink the main beam - FURA CAN RESIST INTO YOUR BAND The overtaking is over !;
- The driver sits in the car with the engine off and the headlights on. - INDICATOR AND MEDIUM FINGERS SHOW IT ON YOUR EYES AND PLEASE AFTER THIS INDICATOR GUN WITH HIS VEHICLE;
- Bent at the elbow, the raised left hand is compressed and unclenched into a fist - FORGETS IN THE INCLUSED STATUS TURN;
- Waving your hand up and down with your palm open, pointing down after overtaking and pointing your thumb at the car - YOU HAVE A PROBLEM !!!
- Pointing to the side of the road (maybe with a buzzer or headlights) - YOU have a problem !! URGENTLY STOP !!!
- A hand brush describes a circle and points down - YOU HAVE A WHEEL WHEELED !!!!
- They slam the palm through the air - THE COVERAGE IS OPEN !;
- Gesture in the direction of the door of your car - THE DOOR IS COMPLETELY CLOSED !!!;
- Short beep - ACKNOWLEDGMENTS;
- Frequent flashing of the headlights of the oncoming cars - SWITCH ON THE MIDDLE LIGHT !!! OR ATTENTION ATTENTION;
- "Blinking" palm (like a bird's beak) - INCLUDE HEADS !!!!