Tips for beginners on distant highways, For those who first traveled far away by car
I want to share a few observations-tips on long journeys.
Believe me, as they say all the rules of TB are written in blood, well, to the extreme loss of valuable.
Perhaps most of the people listed below are not unusual, but can help someone. So..
1. If you suddenly see that at once several cars start to brake sharply and line up in a column, it means that they have learned, or knew about some kind of interference in front (DPS, accident, repair, etc.). Even if overtaking is allowed and you can see far ahead there is no counter, in any case, do not overtake, but just take their turn.
2. Never overtake slow moving vehicles on a freshly made and unmarked road. As a rule, if overtaking on it was forbidden before repair, then during repair it is a feeder for DPSnikov. They can even carry a sign - hide on shields or foliage. Wait until it is clearly clear (by the markup, or even better by the sign) that overtaking is allowed.
3. If you drive across the open field, and the single bush has a lonely voting figure for many kilometers (even with the car’s open hood), then in no case stop beside it, but drive a little further, and if you want to help, then communicate on the distance. Such a distance that if a group of capture runs out of the bush so that there is time - by horse and tail.
4. If the forest comes close to the road, do not drive more than 100 km per hour, and even better up to 80. Not everyone will be able to react to the forest animal that suddenly appeared before your eyes. There is a belief that it helps to scare away the beast, periodic signaling, though I believe it is weak.
5. On unfamiliar terrain, especially on off-center roads, do not consider it hard to refuel at a good refueling even if you have another half full tank. It may be that until the next time half of the tank is not enough. Of course, the best option to learn through the Internet or from the experienced location of the gas station on the highway.
6. In no case do not enter into an altercation with the local Aborigines. True, he himself is a sinner by incontinence, especially after a whole day of driving, and react badly to provocations. Then, of course, I regret the lost time, but I have never fully restored justice. As a rule, local ministers of order are not on your side.
7. If you have committed a traffic violation, then immediately try to speak with the serviceman first. I, as a rule, begin to say that the navigator is completely deceiving, or it is tangled in the maps, or for several hours I cannot go to such a route. In general, of course, it will not help, but it will set up the dialogue to the desired note.
8. If the chase of offended locals has started for you, then a possible way out is to skip them forward and try to turn around 180 and chase back. The best option is to cling to the heavy duty truck and not letting the annoying wedge in between you. Truckers, as a rule, understand everything and take the side of justice.
9. At the beginning of some confusion with the machine, try not to reach the final point of the route, but immediately in the first large village to get to the workshop. It is better to know that the noise in the car is not terrible than standing on the track too long, where it doesn’t take any mobile phones.
10. If you feel that you are going to sleep, then of course it is better to stop and take a nap, but if you still have to go quite a bit (for example, 100 km left at home) it helps me to make faces to myself, and with effort. In this state, I can drive 1-1.5 hours.
11. Always have a shovel and a towing cable in the trunk. Believe me, even if you never need them, their mere presence ennobles the aura of the car and in the case of successful help someone will be lucky to you.