New Laser Speed Indicator, honest "Vizir" of the new generation
- Reaction time: 0.33 sec
- Limit of the measured speed: ± 322 km / h
- Accuracy: ± 2 km / h
- Minimum distance: 15 m
- Bad weather mode: 61 m
- Maximum distance: 1200 m
- Resolution (dots): 480 x 360 Video and 2048 x 1536 Photo
- Number of clips: 6000 on SD 4 GB
- Battery life: 8-15 hours
- GPS receiver: (current time we take from GPS) 20 channels
- Speed Detection Type - Laser
- Laser: pulse
- Wavelength: 905 millimicron
- The divergence of the beam: 2.5 milliradian
On the roads of the Kiev region earned a new laser speed indicator TruCAM. The traffic police say that, unlike the "Vizier", this device practically does not leave the offender a chance to win in court. The main joy of the traffic police is that the radar detectors see the Vizir, but not TruCAM. That is, to guess that you are being filmed with a hidden camera, it is possible only by the “letter of happiness” in the mailbox and by the sign “video surveillance is conducted” at the entrance to the settlement. TruCAM started working since Saturday, but until they have purchased a sufficient number of devices, they will “take” drivers ... with the fear of a fine.
“Six anti-vandal thermoboxes have been installed on the highways of the Kiev region,” says Alexander Tkachenko, deputy head of the traffic police of the Kiev region. - The device will only stand in one for the time being, but it will not be possible to see behind tinted windows whether it is there. Therefore, it is easier for the driver to slow down on this section than to pay the fine.
The device can operate in two modes: automatic and manual. For the first one, a thermobox with armored glass is installed on the road, and it is removed at a distance of 70 meters. The device without recharging can work 15 hours, make 40 thousand photos or 16 thousand videos, 3 shots in one second. In manual mode, a special butt is provided, which rests against the shoulder of a traffic cop. From the outside, this process is similar to the hunt by photo guns. You can catch violators at a distance of up to 1200 meters. In the manual mode, the traffic police officer must stop the driver, show him a video of the violation and write a protocol. By the way, the traffic police are also considering another alternative for the Vizier, the Arena device. But they say that this is just a modified "Vizir", and TruCAM is a device of a new generation. However, the Arena costs about 250 thousand UAH, and TruCAM costs 100 thousand UAH. By the way, the scandalous "Vizira" will still remain in service with the traffic police.
Checked on yourself
In operation, the device is extremely simple. "Newspaper ..." tested it on the Zhytomyr highway, near the village of Gurovshchina. I put the "butt" in the shoulder and look through the peephole. In the middle of the screen - a red cross, I put it on a wagon, which is carried in the middle lane. I press the button, the speed appears on the screen - 68 km per hour, shot at a distance of 450 meters. The permissible speed in the village is 60 km per hour, in the settings we set a limit of 83 km per hour. When the camera is exceeded, the camera automatically shoots the video.
For the first five minutes of observation, we found no violators. The drivers, noticing the traffic police in the distance, immediately dropped speed. I got a Patriot jeep on TruCam: it accelerated along the Zhytomyr highway to 91 km per hour. At a signal from a traffic cop, the car turned to the side of the road. The driver did not want to lower the tinted glass: communicated through a crack.
“If you talk to journalists, for the first time I will not fine you,” says Tkachenko, and the driver immediately lowers the glass and readily answers questions.
- Honestly, for the first time in my life I broke it, - says Oleg Mikhailov. - Well, if the normal device will be: how many scandals with Vizir were. He did not want to watch the video in violation and left as soon as possible.
Why is TruCam better than Vizier and Arena?
1. "Vizir" - a radar device, and TruCam - laser. As Alexander Tkachenko compared, the technological difference is the same as between Zaporozhets and the newest Mercedes.
2. GAI did not repeat mistakes with Vizir, which it certified after its use began. TruCAM passed the state metrological certification on June 20, 2009. The State Service for Special Communications and Information Protection provided an expert conclusion that the information in the device is securely protected.
3.– “Vizier” needed a binding to a place — either a sign about entering a populated area, or a kilometer post — now you can take it anywhere.
4. As in the case of Vizir, the driver will learn about the fine from the letter. The decree will come with your data. In the annex to the protocol there will be a photo where the license plate of the car is clearly visible. The photo will indicate the time, speed of the car, the latitude and longitude of the place of violation. Another form will indicate the exact address of the file on the computer, and on top of it there will be a traffic police stamp.
5. Unlike "Vizir", it is impossible to confuse cars in a traffic stream: a laser beam selects only one object.
By the way
Russia does not use TruCam devices
TruCAM is in demand in Europe: in Germany there are 297 such devices, in France - 1700, Italy - 1500, Austria - 1100, they are even in Pakistan. But Russia does not use them, preferring radar devices.