New Laser Speed Detector, honest new-generation Vizier
- Reaction time: 0.33 sec
- Speed limit: ± 322 km / h
- Accuracy: ± 2 km / h
- Minimum distance: 15 m
- Bad weather mode: 61 m
- Maximum distance: 1200 m
- Resolution (dots): 480 x 360 Video and 2048 x 1536 Photos
- Number of clips: 6000 on SD 4 GB
- Battery Life: 8-15 hours
- GPS receiver: (we take current time from GPS) 20 channels
- Speed Detection Type - Laser
- Laser: Pulse
- Wavelength: 905 nanometers
- Beam Divergence: 2.5 milliradians
On the roads of the Kiev region, a new TruCAM laser speed detector was launched. The traffic police say that, unlike the Vizir, this device practically does not leave the offender a chance to win in court. The main joy of the traffic police is that the Vizir sees radar detectors, but TruCAM does not. That is, to guess that you are being shot with a hidden camera, you can only by the "letter of happiness" in the mailbox and by the sign "video surveillance" at the entrance to the village. TruCAM began working on Saturday, but until they purchase a sufficient number of vehicles, “taking” drivers will be ... fear of a fine.
“Six anti-vandal thermal boxes were installed on the routes of the Kiev region,” says Alexander Tkachenko, deputy head of the traffic police department in the Kiev region. - The device will only stand in one for now, but it will not be possible to see beyond the tinted windows. Therefore, it is easier for the driver to slow down in this area than to pay a fine later.
The device can operate in two modes: automatic and manual. For the first, a thermal box with armored glasses is installed on the road, and it removes it at a distance of 70 meters. The device without recharging can work for 15 hours, take 40 thousand photos or 16 thousand videos, 3 pictures in one second. In manual mode, a special butt is provided, which rests on the shoulder of the traffic cop. From the outside, this process is similar to hunting with photo guns. You can catch violators at a distance of up to 1200 meters. In manual mode, the employee of the State traffic inspectorate must stop the driver, show him a video of the violation and write a protocol. By the way, the traffic police are considering another alternative to the “Vizir” - the device “Arena”. But they say that this is just a modified “Vizir”, and TruCAM is a new generation device. Nevertheless, Arena costs about 250 thousand UAH, and TruCAM - 100 thousand UAH. By the way, the scandalous "Viziers" will remain in the arsenal of the traffic police.
Tested on myself
The device is extremely simple to use. "Newspaper ..." tested it on the Zhytomyr highway, near the village of Gurovschina. I put the “butt” on the shoulder and look through the peephole. In the middle of the screen is a red cross, I bring it to the wagon, which rushes through the middle lane. I press the button, the speed appears on the screen - 68 km per hour, taken at a distance of 450 meters. The permissible speed in the village is 60 km per hour, in the settings we set a limit of 83 km per hour. When exceeded, the camera automatically shoots the video.
For the first five minutes of observing the violators, we did not find. Drivers, noticing traffic police officers in the distance, immediately slowed down. I got on the TruCam jeep Patriot: it accelerated along the Zhytomyr highway to 91 km per hour. At the signal of the traffic cop, the car turned onto the side of the road. The driver did not want to lower the tinted glass: he talked through a crack.
“If you talk to reporters, I won’t fine you for the first time,” Tkachenko says, and the driver immediately lowers the window and readily answers questions.
“Honestly, I violated it for the first time in my life,” says Oleg Mikhailov. - It’s good if there is a normal device: there were so many scandals with the Vizier. He did not want to watch the video in violation and left as soon as possible.
Why TruCam is better than Vizir and Arena
1. Vizir is a radar device, and TruCam is a laser. As Alexander Tkachenko compared, the technological difference is the same as between the Zaporozhets and the newest Mercedes.
2. GAI did not repeat mistakes with the “Vizier”, which certified after the start of its use. TruCAM passed the state metrological certification on June 20, 2009. The State Service for Special Communications and Information Protection provided an expert conclusion that the information in the device is protected reliably.
3.– “Vizir” needed a binding to a place - either a sign of entry into a settlement, or a kilometer column - now you can shoot anywhere.
4. As in the case of the “Vizier”, the driver learns of the fine from the letter. The decision will come with your details. In the appendix to the protocol there will be a photo where the license plate number of the car is clearly visible. The photo will indicate the time, speed of the machine, latitude and longitude of the location of the violation. The form will also contain the exact file address on the traffic police computer, and the traffic police stamp on top of it.
5. Unlike the Vizir, it is impossible to mix cars in the traffic stream: the laser beam selects only one object.
By the way
Russia does not use TruCam devices
TruCAM is in demand in Europe: in Germany there are 297 such devices, in France - 1700, Italy - 1500, Austria - 1100, they are even in Pakistan. But Russia does not use them, preferring radar devices.