Where did the money go, which the Ukrainians donated to the army
The Ministry of Defense reported on what it spent 4.6 billion hryvnia.
Recent events in the Crimea, riots in the southeast forced politicians to reconsider the state policy regarding the armed forces. The army decided to allocate more money and financial flows flowed into the Defense Ministry. But they did not turn into a waterfall.
"The defense department has already received 4.6 billion hryvnia from the government, and 122 million from the Ukrainians as part of the army's assistance program," the representative of the Defense Ministry reported to the Verkhovna Rada.
Only with the help of calls to a single number "565" for the needs of the military collected 28 million 214 thousand hryvnia. Recall that each call cost 5 hryvnia and people called from all corners of Ukraine.
"Today, the state of the provision of the Armed Forces of Ukraine allows us to fulfill tasks to protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the state," Defense Minister Mikhail Koval said.
In the near future, the government intends to throw money on the army. According to the head of the Ministry of Finance Alexander Shlapak, the growth in defense spending is compensated for by reducing the financing of medicine, the agricultural sector, and the social sector.
He reported that the Ministry of Defense allocated 4.6 billion UAH allocated for:
- 1.5 billion for repair and restoration of weapons;
- 1.5 billion for the purchase of fuels and lubricants;
- 656 million for monetary support of the military;
- 612 million for the purchase of weapons and military equipment;
- 145 million for clothing;
- 89 million for food;
- 71 million for communications;
- 52 million for daily subsistence allowance and transportation;
- 17 million for bannoprachechnye services;
- 15.7 million for conducting military exercises and fees.
As of May 14, according to the Ministry of Defense, Ukrainians donated 122 million hryvnias to the army.
- 115 million went to the logistics of the army:
- 37.2 million - for the field outfit of a new model;
- 22 million for new helmets;
- 15.2 million for sleeping bags and bedding;
- 12.3 million for shoes with high boots;
- 8.5 million for the naval uniform;
- 3.5 million for camouflage grids;
- 2.2 million for communications;
- 2.1 million for bed sheets;
- 1.8 million for mattresses;
- 1.2 million for topographic maps.
- 7.2 million spent on medical support of military personnel.