40 commandments of a true optimist, who is successful!
Optimism (from Latin optimus - "the best") - a view of life from a positive point of view, confidence in a better future. Optimism asserts that the world is wonderful, from any situation there is a way out, everything will turn out well, all people, in general, are good.
It is the opposite of pessimism. A well-known example of contrasting optimism and pessimism is the judgment of a person about a glass filled with water or another liquid exactly half. It is believed that the optimist believes that this glass is half full, in contrast to the pessimist, who is sure that the glass is half empty.
Scientific research shows that optimism contributes to health promotion, namely: 1. it interferes with the emergence of a state of learned helplessness, and, therefore, maintains a constant readiness for immunity; 2. promotes the conduct of a healthy lifestyle and timely access to a doctor; 3. Optimists find it easier to establish and maintain friendly relations, and the availability of social support is one of the conditions for maintaining good health.
Really a very cool article.
Programmer, investor and entrepreneur James Altusher published on TechCrunch a very simple, useful and honest manual for those who want to radically change the scope of activities, but do not know where to start.
1. Changing yourself never stops.
Every day you have to decide: to go forward or back. You change yourself every day. Something is always moving.
2. We need to start from scratch.
All categories from a past life are just vanity. Were you a doctor? Did you study at an elite university? You had millions? Did you have a family? Nobody cares. You've lost everything. You are a zero. Do not try to prove that you are anything more.
3. You need a mentor.
Otherwise you will go to the bottom. Someone has to show you how to move and how to breathe. But do not worry about finding a guru (read on).
4. If you do not have a passion for anything, do not worry.
You have a desire to be healthy. Start with this. Go small steps. To succeed, no obsession is needed. Do your work with love, and success will come of itself.
5. It takes five years to change yourself.
Here's how these years will pass:
- The first year: you hesitate, read everything and just start doing something.
- The second year: you know who you need to talk to, with whom to make connections. You do things every day. You see a map of your future travels.
- Third year: you are already good enough to make money. But, perhaps, they still do not have enough for life.
- Fourth year: you earn well.
- Fifth year: you make a fortune.
Sometimes years 1-4 cause me to get upset. I think: "Why is everything not going according to plan?" I hit my fist against the wall, it hurts, I throw a coconut on the floor (this is such a strange ritual). This is normal. Just go on.
6. If you do it faster or slower, then you are doing something wrong.
A good example is Google.
7. The essence is not about money. But money is an indicator.
When people say "it's not about money," they have to choose another yardstick.
"Or maybe just do what you love?" There will be many days when you will be unhappy with what you are doing. If you do this only for the love of business, it will take much more than five years.
8. When you can say: "X - that's my business!"?
If you want to be an artist, buy canvas and paints, start buying 500 books in turn - and start painting. If you want to write, do these three things:
- select your favorite author and type your favorite story word for word. Think about why he wrote each of these words.
If you want to start a business, start working on the idea of a business. Changing yourself begins today.
9. How will I earn money?
- By the third year, you will spend on a new business of 5000-7000 hours. This is enough to be in the top 200 or top 300 all over the world, no matter what your area is. And if you enter the top-200, then in almost any area this is enough to earn a living.
- By the fourth year you will be able to increase the scale and earn more.
- By the fifth year you will enter the top 30 or at least the top 50, so you can earn a fortune.
10. How do I know what I need to do?
This is any area where you feel you can read 500 books. Go to the store and find it. If you get bored three months later, come back. Disappointed is normal. Then failures are needed. Success is better than failure, but the most important lessons we learn from failures.
11. The decisions you make today, tomorrow will be part of your biography.
Make interesting decisions, and your biography will be interesting.
12. What if I like something exotic?
Repeat the above steps, and by the fifth year you can be rich. We do not know how. You do not need to look for the end of the path when you are only making the first steps.
13. What if my family wants me to become an accountant?
Choose freedom, not family. Freedom, not prejudice. Freedom, not government. Freedom, not satisfaction of other people's requests. Then you will satisfy your own.
14. My mentor wants me to go his way.
This is normal. Learn its way. Then do it your own way.
15. My spouse is worried - who will take care of our children?
A person who changes himself, always finds free time. Part of success is the ability to find moments and redesign them for yourself.
16. What if my friends find me insane?
What kind of friends are they?
17. What if I want to be an astronaut?
It is not a change of self. This is a specific profession. If you like space, there are many ideas in this area. Richard Branson wanted to be an astronaut and created the Virgin Galactic.
18. What if I like drinking and hanging out with friends?
Read this post again in a year.
19. What if I'm busy? Am I changing my spouse or betraying my partner?
Read this post again in two or three years, when you will be aground, out of work and disgusted by everyone.
20. And if I do not know how to do anything? I do not have a diploma or from him no use.
21. And if I need to focus on paying a mortgage or another loan?
A person who changes himself, always finds free time.
22. Why do I always feel like an outsider?
Albert Einstein was an outsider. None of the people in power would hire him to work.
23. What if I'm too sick to change myself?
Change will spur all the beneficial substances in your body: serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin. Move forward, and maybe you will not get well at all, but you will feel better.
Sleep more. Eat better. Go in for sports. These are the key steps to change.
24. And if my partner made me stand, and I'm still suing him?
Stop the litigation and never again think about it. Half of the problem was in you.
25. What if they put me in jail?
Perfectly. In prison, read more books.
26. What if I'm a shy person?
Make weakness your strength. Introverts are better able to listen, concentrate, they have ways to inspire love for themselves.
27. How to establish contacts?
Construct a circle. You should be in the middle. The next circle is friends and family. Then - people you know from informal meetings and tea parties. Then - participants of conferences and authorities in their field. Then - mentors. Then - customers and those who earn money for you.
28. What if my ego starts to interfere with what I'm doing?
In six months or a year you will start from scratch.
29. What if my passion causes two things? And I can not choose?
Join them and you will be the best in the world.
30. And if I'm so keen that I want to teach others what I'm learning myself?
Read lectures on YouTube. Start with the audience in one person and see if it grows.
31. What if I want to make money in a dream?
In the fourth year, start outsourcing what you are doing.
32. How to find mentors and authorities?
When you accumulate enough knowledge (after 100-200 books), write 10 ideas for 20 different potential mentors. None of them will answer you. Write 10 more ideas for 20 new mentors. Repeat this every week.
Make a newsletter for everyone who did not answer you. Repeat until someone answers. Write a blog about what you are studying.
33. And if I can not think of ideas?
Then practice this. I will not be able to reach my fingertips if I do not do it every day. Do not expect that from the first day you will have good ideas.
34. And if I do everything you say, but it still does not seem to work?
It turns out. Just wait. Continue to change yourself every day.
35. And if I start to feel depressed?
An hour a day you sit in silence. If it seems to you that this sounds silly, do not do it. Live further with your depression.
36. And if there is no time to sit in silence?
Then sit in silence for two hours a day. This is not meditation. You just have to sit.
37. And if I become frightened?
Sleep 8-9 hours a day. Sleep is the first secret of good health. Not the only one, but the first. Some people write to me that they only need four hours of sleep, or that in their country those who sleep much are considered lazy. These people will fail.
38. And if it seems to me that I will never succeed?
At least 10 minutes a day, thank yourself for what you have. Anger never inspires, but gratitude inspires. "Thank you" is a bridge between your world and the parallel universe where all creative ideas live.
39. And if I constantly have to deal with some personal squabbles?
A person changing himself will constantly meet people who are trying to suppress him. Learn to say no.
40. And if I'm happy in my office work?
- Will you become my mentor?
You have already read this post.