40 commandments of a true optimist who is successful!
Optimism (from lat. Optimus - “the best”) - a look at life from a positive point of view, confidence in a better future. Optimism claims that the world is wonderful, there is a way out of any situation, everything will turn out well, all people, in general, are good.
It is the opposite of pessimism. A well-known example of the opposition between optimism and pessimism is a person’s judgment about a glass filled exactly half with water or another liquid. It is believed that the optimist believes that such a glass is half full, as opposed to a pessimist who is confident that the glass is half empty.
Scientific studies show that optimism helps to improve health, namely: 1. it prevents the emergence of a state of learned helplessness, and, therefore, maintains immunity in constant readiness; 2. promotes a healthy lifestyle and timely access to a doctor; 3. It is easier for optimists to establish and maintain friendly relations, and the presence of social support is one of the conditions for maintaining good health.
Really very cool article.
Programmer, investor and entrepreneur James Altusher has published on TechCrunch a very simple, useful and honest manual for those who want to radically change their field of activity, but do not know where to start.
1. Change yourself never stops.
Every day you have to decide: go forward or backward. You change yourself every day. Something is always moving.
2. We must start from scratch.
All categories from a past life are only vanity. Have you been a doctor? Did you study at an elite university? Have you had millions? Did you have a family Nobody cares. You have lost everything. You are zero. Do not try to prove that you are something more.
3. You need a mentor.
Otherwise, you will go to the bottom. Someone should show you how to move and how to breathe. But don't worry about finding a guru (read on).
4. If you do not have a passion for anything, do not worry.
You have a desire to be healthy. Start with this. Walk in small steps. To succeed, one does not need obsession. Do your work with love, and success will come by itself.
5. It will take five years to change yourself.
Here's how these years go:
- First year: you rush around, read everything and just start to do something.
- Second year: you know with whom you need to talk, with whom to establish contacts. You do business every day. You see a map of your future travels.
- Third year: you are already good enough to make money. But, perhaps, there are still not enough of them for life.
- Fourth year: you make good money.
- Fifth year: you make a fortune.
Sometimes years 1-4 make me upset. I think: “Why is everything not going according to plan?” I hit the wall with my fist, it hurts, I throw a coconut on the floor (this is such a strange ritual). This is normal. Just go on.
6. If you do it faster or slower, then you are doing something wrong.
A good example is Google.
7. The point is not about money. But money is an indicator.
When people say "it’s not about money," they must choose a different measure.
“Or maybe just do what you love?” There will be many days when you will not like what you do. If you do this only out of love for the cause, it will take much more than five years.
8. When you can say: “X is my business!” ?
If you want to be an artist, buy canvas and paints, start buying 500 books in turn - and start drawing. If you want to write, do these three things:
- select your favorite author and literally print his favorite story. Think about why he wrote each of these words.
If you want to start a business, start working on a business idea. Change yourself begins today.
9. How do I make money?
- By the third year, you will spend 5000-7000 hours on a new business. This is enough to be in the top 200 or top 300 worldwide, no matter what your area. And if you enter the top 200, then in almost any area this is enough to earn a living.
- By the fourth year, you will be able to scale up and earn more.
- By the fifth year, you will enter the top 30, or at least the top 50, so you can make a fortune.
10. How to understand what I need to do?
This is any area in which you feel able to read 500 books. Go to the store and find her. If you feel bored three months later, come back. Disappointment is normal. Then dips are needed. Success is better than failure, but the most important lessons we learn from failure.
11. The decisions you make today will be part of your biography tomorrow.
Make interesting decisions, and your biography will be interesting.
12. What if I like something exotic?
Repeat the above steps, and by the fifth year you can be rich. We do not know how. There is no need to look for the end of the path when you take only the first steps.
13. What if my family wants me to become an accountant?
Choose freedom, not family. Freedom, not prejudice. Freedom, not government. Freedom, not satisfaction of other people's requests. Then you will satisfy yours.
14. My mentor wants me to follow his path.
This is normal. Master his way. Then do it your own way.
15. My spouse is worried - who will take care of our children?
A person who changes himself always finds free time. Part of the success is the ability to find moments and redraw them for yourself.
16. What if my friends consider me crazy?
What kind of friends are these?
17. What if I want to be an astronaut?
This is not a change of self. This is a specific profession. If you like space, then there are many ideas in this area. Richard Branson wanted to be an astronaut and created Virgin Galactic.
18. And if I like to drink and hang out with friends?
Read this post again in a year.
19. And if I am busy? Cheating on spouse or betraying my partner?
Read this post again after two to three years, when you will be aground, without work and disgusted with everyone.
20. And if I do not know anything? I don’t have a diploma or it is of no use to him.
21. And if I need to focus on paying a mortgage or other loan?
A person who changes himself always finds free time.
22. Why do I always feel like an outsider?
Albert Einstein was an outsider. None of those in power would hire him.
23. And if I am too sick to change myself?
Change will boost all the beneficial substances in your body: serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin. Move forward, and maybe you will not recover at all, but you will feel better.
Sleep more. Eat better. Go in for sports. These are key steps to change.
24. And if my partner set me up, and I am still suing him?
Drop the lawsuit and never think about it again. Half of the problem was in you.
25. And if they put me in jail?
Perfectly. Read more books in prison.
26. And if I am a timid person?
Make weakness your strength. Introverts are better able to listen, concentrate, they have ways to inspire love for themselves.
27. How to make contacts?
Build a circle. You should be in the middle. The next circle is friends and family. Then there are people you know from informal meetings and tea parties. Then - conference participants and authorities in their field. Then the mentors. Then - customers and those who make money for you.
28. What if my ego starts to interfere with what I am doing?
In six months or a year, you will start from scratch.
29. What if two things cause me passion? And I can not choose?
Connect them and you will be the best in the world.
30. And if I am so passionate that I want to teach others what I am learning myself?
Lecture on YouTube. Start with an audience of one person and see if it grows.
31. And if I want to make money in a dream?
In the fourth year, start outsourcing what you are doing.
32. How to find mentors and authorities?
When you have enough knowledge (after 100-200 books), write 10 ideas for 20 different potential mentors. None of them will answer you. Write 10 more ideas for 20 new mentors. Repeat this every week.
Compose a newsletter for everyone who did not answer you. Repeat until someone answers. Write a blog about what you are learning.
33. And if I can’t come up with ideas?
Then practice this. I can’t reach the tips of my toes unless I do it every day. Do not expect that from the first day you will have good ideas.
34. And if I do everything that you say, but still, it seems, nothing happens?
It will work out. Just wait. Keep changing yourself every day.
35. And if I start to feel depressed?
Sit in silence for an hour a day. If this sounds silly to you, don’t do it. Live on with your depression.
36. And if there is no time to sit in silence?
Then sit in silence for two hours a day. This is not meditation. You just have to sit.
37. And if I feel scared?
Sleep 8-9 hours a day. Sleep is the first secret of good health. Not the only one, but the first. Some people write to me that they only need four hours of sleep, or that in their country those who sleep a lot are considered lazy. These people will be defeated.
38. And if it seems to me that I will never succeed?
At least 10 minutes a day, thank yourself for what you have. Anger never inspires, and gratitude inspires. “Thank you” is the bridge between your world and the parallel universe, where all creative ideas live.
39. And if I constantly have to deal with some personal squabbles?
A person who changes himself will constantly meet people who are trying to suppress him. Learn to say no.
40. And if I am happy in my office work?
- Will you become my mentor?
You have already read this post.