Jamala triumphantly won the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 (photo, video, text chronicle)
The Eurovision Song Contest 2016, the Eurovision Song Contest 2016, the Concours Eurovision de la chanson 2016, the Swedish Eurovisionsschlagerfestivalen 2016) is the 61st Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden. The country became the winner of the previous Eurovision Song Contest 2015, held in Vienna (Austria), with the song "Heroes" performed by Mons Selmerlev, who scored 365 points. The dates of the semifinals - May 10 and May 12, the final of the contest will be held on May 14, 2016. Sweden hosts the competition for the sixth time, it took the country 3 years to repeat the success of 2012, where Laurin became the winner. The competition is held by the Swedish national TV and radio company SVT under the leadership of the European Broadcasting Union.
42 countries take part in the competition. This became known on November 26, 2015. The competition was returned to Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine and Croatia. His participation continues to Australia - debutant country last year. Participation in this year refused to Portugal, because of debts to the European Broadcasting Union of 16 million Swiss francs was barred from Romania. In addition, fourteen countries did not resume participation in the contest.
- 1st semifinal: May 10, 2016
- 2nd semifinal: May 12, 2016
- Final: May 14, 2016
- Location: Sweden, Stockholm, "Ericsson-Globe"
- Hosts: Sweden Mons Selmerlev, Sweden Petra Mede
- Executive Supervisor: Norway Jon Ola Sann
- Main Broadcaster: Sweden SVT
- Opening: 1-semifinal: "Heroes" performed by Mons Selmerlev, 2-semifinal: "This is Eurovision", music: Matheson Bailey; words: Matheson Bailey, Edward af Sillen, and Daniel Ren, performed by Petra Mede and Mons Selmerlev, Final: "The Flag Parade: Honoring Swedish Design and Dance Music"
- Interval-act: 1-semifinal: "Gray people" choreographer Fredrik Rydman, 2-semifinal: "Man versus machine" choreographer Fredrik Rydman, Final: "Rock Your Body" and "Can not Stop the Feeling!" Performed by Justin Timberlake ; "Love-Love World-World" medley of different Eurovision songs; "Linda Woodruff" sketch performed by Sarah Don Finer; "Fire In The Rain" and "Heroes" performed by Mons Selmerlev
- Number of participants: 42
- Voting system: 50% of the viewers + 50% of the jury. Each country gives points from 12, 10, 8-1: one from the national jury, and the other from the viewers.
- Victory Song: Ukraine "1944" (Ukraine)
Today, the Ukrainian singer triumphantly won a song contest. A representative of Ukraine won "gold" in the musical championship.
Ukrainian singer Jamal with her penetrating performance and the song "1944", which tells about the deportation of Crimean Tatars from her homeland, won the audience of "Eurovision 2016".
The star became the winner of the competition and made our state the hostess of the next.
In sum, the artist received scores: 534 points - from the jury, under the new rules and - as a result of voting by spectators from the participating countries. Note that bookmakers predicted victory for the representative of Russia, Sergei Lazarev.
Thus, Dzha became the second singer who brought Ukraine a victory in Eurovision. Debuted in this role in 2004, the incendiary Ruslana with her "Wild Dances".