Jamala triumphantly won Eurovision 2016 (photo, video, text chronicle)
The Eurovision Song Contest 2016 (Eng. Eurovision Song Contest 2016; fr. Concours Eurovision de la chanson 2016; Swede. Eurovisionsschlagerfestivalen 2016) is the 61st Eurovision Song Contest, which takes place in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden. The country became the winner of the previous Eurovision Song Contest 2015, held in Vienna (Austria), with the song “Heroes” performed by Mons Selmerlev, who scored 365 points. The dates of the semi-finals are May 10 and May 12, the final of the competition will be held on May 14, 2016. Sweden hosts the competition for the sixth time, it took the country 3 years to repeat the success of 2012, where Lorin became the winner. The competition is being held by the Swedish national television and radio company SVT under the leadership of the European Broadcasting Union.
42 countries take part in the competition. This was announced on November 26, 2015. Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine and Croatia returned to the competition. Australia, the debutant country of last year, continues its participation. Portugal refused to participate this year, and Romania was excluded from debts to the European Broadcasting Union of 16 million Swiss francs. In addition to them, fourteen more countries did not resume the competition.
- 1st semi-final: May 10, 2016
- 2nd semi-final: May 12, 2016
- Final: May 14, 2016
- Venue: Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson-Globe
- Moderators: Sweden Mons Selmerlev, Sweden Petra Meda
- Executive Supervisor: Norway Jon Ola Sann
- Main broadcaster: Sweden SVT
- Opening: 1-semifinal: “Heroes” performed by Mons Selmerlev, 2-semifinal: “This is Eurovision”, music: Matheson Bailey; words: Matheson Bailey, Edward af Sillen, and Daniel Rehn performed by Petra Meda and Mons Selmerlev, Final: “Flags Parade: Honor to Swedish Design and Dance Music”
- Interval act: 1-semifinal: “Gray people” choreographer Fredrik Ryudman, 2-semifinal: “Man vs. car” choreographer Fredrik Rydman, Final: “Rock Your Body” and “Can't Stop the Feeling!” Performed by Justin Timberlake ; "Love-Love World-Peace" potpourri of various Eurovision songs; "Linda Woodruff" sketch by Sarah Don Finer; “Fire In The Rain” and “Heroes” performed by Mons Selmerlev
- Total participants: 42
- Voting system: 50% of viewers + 50% of the jury. Each country gives points from 12, 10, 8-1: one from the national jury, and the other from the viewers.
- Victory Song: Ukraine "1944" (Ukraine)
Today, the Ukrainian singer triumphantly won the song contest. The representative of Ukraine won the "gold" in the musical championship.
Ukrainian singer Jamal with her soulful performance and song "1944", which tells about the deportation of the Crimean Tatars from their homeland, won the audience of Eurovision 2016.
The star became the winner of the competition and made our state the mistress of the following.
In total, the artist received points: 534 points - from the jury, according to the new rules and - as a result of voting by viewers from the participating countries. Note that the bookmakers predicted a victory for the representative of Russia Sergey Lazarev.
Thus, Jah became the second singer who brought Ukraine the victory in Eurovision. She made her debut in this role in 2004, the rousing Ruslana with her “Wild Dances”.