Posted by: Ruben
For several years I have been manufacturing mirrors for the needs of a company engaged in the production of commercial equipment and cabinet furniture. We started with simple cubicles.
First ordered mirrors in a specialized company, but it was expensive. We decided to master the independent production. The experience was gained as usual by trial and error. It took about half a year and a decent amount of money. In the end, I still achieved excellent results. I did the whole production process alone. From depositing the prepared glass into the working room, to painting the amalgam with a protective lacquer layer and bringing the finished mirrors back. My rate per month was 300-350 sq.m.
This business is quickly recouped . You can implement mirrors yourself through a point of sale, or through glass workshops (they already have a permanent clientele). Frames under the mirror can be ordered from private joiners or in firms.
- mirrors for different frames for home, office, state. institutions such as schools, hospitals, kindergartens ...
- for firms producing cabinet furniture and various showcases;
- mirror walls for aquariums of all sizes;
- finishing tiles for walls and ceilings ...
You can start production in a week or two. I recommend to make the necessary equipment (table, dryer, grinding machine), (diagrams, drawings are attached) - this will reduce the cost of organizing and launching production and speed up the cost recovery.
The following materials are necessary for the production of 1 square meter of mirror:
1. AgNO3 silver nitrate (AKS) -3.6 g
2. Alkali NaOH (or KOH) - 2.6 g
3. liquid ammonia 25% (NH4OH) - 7.6 ml
4. SnCl 2 (tin chloride) - 1 g for 14.5 sq. M
5. Nitric acid (concentrated) - approximately 34.5 ml
6. Distilled water-1.5 - 1.7 l
7. Medical iodine - 6 drops per approximately 43 m2. mirrors.
You can check their availability in your city and estimate the cost price of such mirrors for you. In any case, it will be significantly lower than the price of factory mirrors. The main part of the cost is the cost of silver nitrate. All chemicals are sold in chemical stores or honey stores. and laboratory equipment. The specific prices for them in different regions of the Union are different.