The technology of making mirrors.
For several years I made mirrors for the needs of a company engaged in the production of commercial equipment and cabinet furniture. We started with simple showcases-cubes.
First they ordered mirrors in a specialized firm, but it was expensive. We decided to master independent production. Experience was developed as usual by trial and error. It took about half a year and a decent amount of money. In the end, I still achieved excellent results. I performed the whole production process alone. From the introduction of the prepared glass into the workroom, before painting the amalgam with a protective paint layer and removing the finished mirrors back. My rate per month was 300-350 sq.m.
This business is quickly recouping . You can implement mirrors yourself through the sales point, or through glass workshops (they already have a permanent clientele). Frames for mirrors can be ordered from carpenter-private traders, or in firms.
- mirrors for various frames for home, office, state. institutions such as schools, hospitals, kindergartens ...
- for companies producing cabinet furniture and various showcases;
- mirror walls for aquariums of all sizes;
- finishing tiles for walls and ceilings ...
You can start production in a week or two. The necessary equipment (a table, a dryer, a grinding unit) I recommend to make independently, (schemes-drawings are attached) - this will reduce the costs of organizing and launching production and will accelerate the cost recovery.
To produce 1 square meter of a mirror, the following materials are required:
1. AgNO3 nitric acid silver (AKS) -3.6 g
2. Alkali NaOH (or KOH) - 2.6 g
3. Ammonium chloride 25% (NH4OH) - 7.6 ml
4. SnCl 2 (bilayer tin) - 1 g for 14.5 m 2
5. Nitric acid (concentrated) - about 34.5 ml
6. Distilled water-1,5 - 1,7 l
7. Medical Iodine - 6 drops at approximately 43kv.m. mirrors.
You can check their availability in your city and estimate the cost price of such mirrors for you. In any case, it will be significantly lower than the price of factory mirrors. The bulk of the cost price is the cost of silver nitrate. All chemicals are sold in chemist's shops or honey shops. and laboratory equipment. Specific prices for them in different regions of the Union are different.