Increase the power and dynamism of an automobile engine (Ozonator)
Ozonator for internal combustion engines
Since the purchase of the new VAZ-2107, I was constantly at a loss, the dull dynamics of the car was killing me. There was a short time when she was frisky and obedient. With the sudden depressing of the gas pedal to the floor, she seized instantly, in the 4th gear from 40 km / h uphill gained speed to the envy of other classics owners. But then strange things began to happen. The dynamics gradually fell. When trying to pull from the bottom, detonation began to appear, and the change in the UOZ did not yield any results. It came to that shot at the silencer, but detonation was present constantly with the accelerator pedal depressed more than 2/3 turn. The engine roared like an airplane, but there was no satisfactory acceleration. I applied to many car-care centers of the city, by acquaintance, on the advice of other car owners. The situation has not changed. Someone felled the blame on the installed Octane-4, someone on the overturned valves, someone on the quality of gasoline and a carburetor with candles, etc. I threw out a fair amount to check all the alleged reasons, it was all wrong. However, I was not the only one who was unhappy. During my troubles, I talked to a lot of the owners of the classics, at whose disposal there were cars from novya from a needle to a kopeck in the 70s. And not only did the classics have this problem. In front-drive carburetor VAZs, dullness is also common. It was possible to throw this splinter, considering it as a failure of the domestic car industry, but the desire to improve the situation did not give rest.
The search for a cause in the technical literature proved to be ineffective. I looked through the Internet articles of ordinary motorists and somehow came across a glow ignition. His obvious signs were on his face. Constant detonation, when the ignition is switched off without the carburettor in operation, the engine has been shaking for a couple of seconds. The car with the unheated engine went much better. In winter, in the cold -30, there was a good speed. I poured into the tank "Aspect-Modifier" for cleaning the combustion chambers and the entire fuel system - a miracle happened. The engine began to work very quietly, even at high revs. There was a decent acceleration thrust, in the armchair pleasantly pressed. Acceleration to 100 km / h (on the speedometer) 11.7 seconds using 3 gears. By car there is a BSZ Octane-4, a sollex-21073 with a fuel jet of the first chamber 110, the second is untouched. The rest is staffed. Happiness was short-lived. Developed a tank with an additive, and after a run of 500km again appeared former lethargy. Behind the wheel did not even have the desire to sit down.
Once I noticed an interesting thing - the car always drove fast after the rain. After the storm, things went better. Yes, and most breathed easier. During a thunderstorm or rain, the surface atmosphere is saturated with negative ions. That's where my research began on the "breathing" of the engine, in the truest sense of the word. From improvised materials, I assembled an air ionizer and installed it in front of the air filter. My guesswork was confirmed - after 20 km of run with the ionizer I began to feel improvements. And after 300 km the car got qualities I never watched in it. It was easy to get off the 2nd gear, the movement at 30 km / h for the 4th gear was not difficult. Need to accelerate? You are welcome! The machine immediately obediently and confidently gained momentum without failures, twitching and detonation. Many know such a feature of the classics, the machine has better dynamics in the range of 3000-3500 rpm. Although the maximum power develops at 5600 rpm, rarely anyone spins above 4000. The thrust noticeably disappears with the approach of engine speed to the maximum mark. With the ionizer, the dynamics are uniform at all revolutions, in the 1st and 2nd gears with the tap on the floor, the maximum speed is dialed instantly, manage to switch. I can safely say, the reason for the dullness of the machine at high engine speeds is mostly the build-up. Even the majority have such a moment - when driving on the revolutions of 2000-2500, pressing the gas until it stops, the car does not react for some time. It's not even a failure, just a zero reaction. Only after a couple of seconds, the overclocking starts. But during this time the moment is lost, the overtaking is ripped off. I can say with confidence, not in the carburetor and ignition matter. In the deposit! Even a light brownish deposit can provoke abnormal combustion of fuel. And in different weather conditions, the burning speed of the fuel mixture has a wide range. If after a thunderstorm the car goes with ease and when the gas pedal is drowned in the floor, you can not even observe the detonation, then, as if plowing to the iron horse, into a fog or before a thunderstorm. The car refuses to go, there is a strong braking engine, detonation, the engine roars, and there is no speaker. In such weather, there is an active accumulation of carbon in the combustion chambers. Many will express the opinion that the blame is all moisture. However, recall the recent past when many craftsmen tried to introduce devices for adding water to the fuel mixture in order to reduce fuel consumption and CO emissions. Nagar was absent, the CO practically disappeared and the motor worked fun. Therefore, the combustion process is affected not by water, but by the presence of negative ions in the surrounding air. Being near the waterfall in the fog from the falling water, you feel the freshness and lightness of breathing, despite the high humidity from which the clothes become damp. Here it is a difference in the properties of high humidity - with the usual fog and next to the waterfall.
The electrical scheme of the ionizer is shown in Figure 1. The use of a field-effect transistor makes it possible to simplify the circuit as much as possible. From my experience I will say that they are not afraid of static electricity, you can safely work as usual. High-voltage capacitors in the multiplier is better to use this type of what is indicated, a large capacitance with small dimensions and it is convenient to work with them. They are full in telepath and in the radio market.
- R1 - 47k, R2 - 75k, R3 - 1.5k, R4 - 2k;
- C1 - 10nF, C2 - 47μF × 25V, C3 - 500μF × 25V;
- DD1 - K561LH2;
- VT1 - IRL3803, IRF3205, IRFP064, IRFP2907;
- VD1,2 - KD103A, KD521A;
- Т1 - ТВС110П2;
The multiplier is capacitors of 2200pF x 10000V type K73-13, diodes KC106G.
The conclusions of the DD1 chip from left to right: 13,12,1,2,3,4.
Output from KREN5A to the 7th pin DD1.
The step-up transformer is the stitch from the CB of the TV, you will find it there. Remove all primary windings and wind 9 turns with the same wire from the remote windings. It is better to prewind several turns of electrical tape. To power the chip, you can use the KRENKU at 9V, but it gets very hot. The transistor must be installed on the radiator at least 5x5 cm with cooling fins. You understand, not the domestic conditions under the hood. The voltage multiplier is assembled by mounted mounting, it is possible to glue the capacitors together with the glue, and then solder the diodes. Be sure to fill with epoxy compound in a suitable form. In extreme cases, buy the compound of the company Anles "Epoxy Classic", it's an epoxy with the properties of putty. Process it with a thick layer of all the terminals of capacitors and diodes. The circuit is located in one housing. At me the multiplier is located in 4 sm from a radiator of a transistor, there are no problems. The case of a line transformer is connected to the mass, electrostatic electricity accumulates on it, which periodically breaks into the primary winding through the gasket. The problem does not occur, of course, but it's better to be safe. And be sure, after assembling the circuit, test it for a blank without a tube. The voltage on the multiplier will be on the order of 60000V. In the dark, the body of the multiplier should not glow. Then it will outgrow the breakdown. The above circuit is weak for the tube and when connected its voltage will not rise above 30000-35000V. Instead of a homemade multiplier, you can apply a multiplier from the TV UN-9/27. There is a plus conclusion. It would seem no difference. But the engine with a different polarity of the multiplier changes its character. If the multiplier has a negative terminal, then the motor is more elastic in operation, an excellent lower and upper thrust, the ignition angle will increase by 1-3 degrees. If you use ready-made from the TV, then a poor low-level thrust with detonation (but better than without an ionizer at all), a horse is excellent, the UOZ on the contrary will have to be reduced by a couple of degrees, the engine is noisy. And another drawback - the tube is an electrostatic precipitator, delays the smallest dust that settles on the inner wall. Gradually it becomes an electrical insulator and the effect decreases. We will have to wipe the walls every 300 km. In Figure 2, the scheme for the inclusion of industrial UN9 / 27. To increase the voltage and effect, you can add a self-made multiplier as shown, you can without it. Do not use mega-ohm resistors at the high voltage output from the multiplier as it is for safety in home ionizers. The tube will have a strong voltage drop and loss of effect, it is better to take care of isolation.
In the case where the components of the circuit are located, make an opening for the output of high voltage. I used the contact from the cap of the toggle sticker which is pasted into the epoxy body. To the contact, the wire from the multiplier is easily soldered and a high-voltage ignition wire is connected as standard. He will be alone. In my version, I made two leads without grounding the weight of the car. In any case it works well and there is no difference. The setup of the circuit consists in the installation of a current consumption of 0.6-0.8 A by the resistor R1. A larger current does not produce results.
The sketch of the tube is shown in Figure 3. The tube is made of a deodorant body, all have a standard diameter of 52 mm. The length of the tube is 7-9 cm. It should be enclosed in a suitable housing so that the distance to the hull is 5-7 mm. You can glue the body of textolite. Cut a septum of textolite or plastic by the diameter of the tube and the inside dimension of the body, put on the tube, grease the joints with a quick glue (I used a poxypol), insert it into the case, cover it again and fill the cavity with an epoxy compound. It is indicated in yellow. First, on the one hand, after the glue hardens on the other. To the edges of the tube. Then cut two slats 3 mm wide and make a thin hole in the center. Paste on the edges of the tube so that the hole is clearly in the center of the tube. The tube body will be mounted on the winter-summer switch from below instead of the warm air connection. It is necessary to cut out one more detail like a bar with a round hole or cut in a finished case for docking with a switch. Also in the body of the ionizer tube make a hole for pasting the contact from the cover of the trambler. If the multiplier has a negative potential, then the contact is connected to the central wire in the tube, and the tube body to the mass. If the conclusion is plus, then contact the body of the tube, and the central vein on the mass. You can make two contacts as in the picture, but it's more expensive, but there's no difference. The role of the central wire in the ionizer is performed by the hair from the cable. The thinner, the better. It is fixed by electrotechnical clamps on the straps. A negative wire is inserted into the same terminal. The edges of the tube must be coated with epoxy to avoid corona discharge. In general, all high-voltage parts must be well treated (except the inner surface of the tube and the central wire), the wires should be as short as possible. Air enters the tube from below, ionizes and follows further through the switch winter-summer. The body of the ionizer from below should be made 3-4 cm longer than the tube for safety. A good option is the round plastic housing of the ionizer, so that it can be inserted in place of the winter-summer switch. First you can not make a tube, and find a suitable case, fill it with metal sponges for dishwashing and connect to this grid the minus terminal of the multiplier. The voltage will immediately jump to 50000V. In this variant it is necessary to solder at the output of the multiplier the resistor by 20-30M. Perhaps you will like it and do not have to make a tube. The tube is a powerful ionizer and when the voltage in the tube is about 45-50 KV an additional effect is created. At high engine speeds, air moves at high speed through the tube, at a potential of more than 40 KV, all incoming air can be ionized. Ionized air does not meet resistance in the entire path to the combustion chambers, which means that the higher the rpm, the higher the injection and the boost effect. The acceleration at the 1 st and 2 nd speeds to the maximum speed is almost instantaneous. The engine pleasantly buzzes without a blistering roar.
Of course, periodically the effect will be lost, the tube is clogged with dust and it is necessary to clean the inner walls. In my experience I had to do once in 600-700 km. I'm bored and I want to try a version with metal sponges.
And a few words on the design. Unfortunately, this scheme is weak for the maximum effect of the tube. Any scheme for increasing the voltage can be used. I want to try it with the ignition coil and a frequency of 200-300 Hz. The effect begins to vanish at a frequency of the voltage converter above 7-10 kHz. The first few minutes when the converter operates at high frequencies, there are no complaints, but then ionization is gradually broken. The higher the frequency, the faster this time comes. Also affects the output voltage of the step-up transformer. The higher it is, the lower the frequency of the converter. High-frequency high-voltage voltage is not polarized by diodes. I have long thought about this question, why does not it work? Plus on the spot, the minus is also present. But why from the tube bears a stale and warm odor of air, from which the head begins to ache? And the ionizer does not have any effect at all. He even tried to make a negative electrode in Chyzhevsky's chandelier, but he also radiated a nasty stench. All revealed by chance - I connected in series two high-voltage diode, but opposite conclusions. There should be no tension from the output. But with a screwdriver, I saw an arc. The alternating current of high frequency and voltage of the diodes is not an obstacle. For a good result, 0.4A is sufficient for the on-board voltage, the frequency of the converter is 800-3000Hz and 25000V for the tube electrodes. A fresh frosty ozone odor from the working tube marks the correct operation of the ionizer. And on the contrary, a warm, sour and unpleasant breeze is a sign of a malfunction. It can be broken through a power transistor, a high frequency of the converter or a malfunction of the multiplier is set.
In this direction, there is still something to work on. You can find a more efficient radiator of negative ions. The electrical circuit precisely requires refinement. My hands itch, but there is no time. I would be grateful for your help.
Supplements to observations:
- 1. Resistor R1 in the scheme is better to put a trimmer type SP-5. In my scheme on every bump he constantly changed the resistance and the current of consumption of the ionizer changed. The effect of the tube also changed, and it was necessary to constantly adjust the UOZ. Sin to the dirt in the tube, but it turns out it does not noticeably affect the work of the ionizer. Therefore, the tube can not be cleaned. After assembly, check by tapping on the device, the current should not be changed.
- 2. The current can be set 1,3-1,5 A, the effect is. In general, a change in the consumption current by a few tenths of a share has a significant effect on the effect. Especially at high revs.
- 3. When the ionizer is initially installed, the UOZ will leave in the positive direction due to the removal of the deposit from the combustion chambers (the detonation disappears). However, when it is disconnected, the UOZ can increase even more, but for a couple of hundred kilometers. Then the car again becomes sluggish with the engine running continuously, the dynamics falls to the previous values. After a significant run with the ionizer, when it is disconnected, there is a significant decrease in power.
- 4. The engine with the ionizer warms up faster, but it also gets hotter in traffic jams. The increased temperature of the mixture burns. However, no deterioration, burn-out of the valves, fusions were noticed. For 25000 km of run with the ionizer, only positive indices are observed. The fuel mixture burns faster, which indicates the appearance of detonation after the ionizer is turned on, it is necessary to reduce the UOZ by 1-3 degrees. But if you do not use an ionizer, then the UOZ still has to be reduced by a few degrees. Due to the formation of carbon deposits. The machine is dull, fuel consumption is increasing.
- 5. The tube generates a small amount of ozone, it does not affect the details of the entire path from the inlet to the outlet. You can read the link about the ozone roof, given below. In this version, the car worked on almost one ozone, but as seen from the author's observations, no deterioration occurred.
- 6. I did not find the emitters more efficient than the tube. It is compact, with a voltage above 40,000 volts, it maximizes ionization of the high-speed air pressure at maximum engine rpm. The difference is significant when the ionizer is turned off and on.
- 7. Measure the voltage in the tube simply - with a long screwdriver with a well insulated handle touch the central electrode (wire) and bring its tip to the walls of the tube. As soon as sparks begin to skip, measure the distance of the breakdown. 1mm is 3000 volts. If the breakdown is 12 mm, then the voltage is 36000 volts, respectively. But since the reduced circuit is weak, and the current in the tube necessarily increases with this measurement, in fact the voltage will be higher than when measured. Probably 3000-5000 volts.
- 8. The scheme has proved itself well, although it is simple and far from ideal. High-quality specified field-effect transistors. After idle time in traffic jams, it was not possible to touch the transistor's radiator with a hand, it was hot. But the scheme worked without criticism. The company guarantees the operation of transistors up to a heating temperature of 170 degrees. It looks like the truth. At least, our transistors under such conditions "ordered to live long". At first, I was afraid of an ionizer, it's not enough what happens under the hood or even with a car. Under the armchair there are still two decent fire extinguishers. But the fears were in vain. Ionizer passed an annual test of heat, frost and diving into deep puddles. So a device that has been made in good faith will not cause trouble.