What should be the right, perfect closet inside?
Buying or ordering furniture everyone knows how difficult it is to choose from a large number of offers. A simple question turns into a problem if the furniture is made to order, for example, closets, the most loved and often used piece of interior in the house. The responsibility for layout and design, choice of material, filling for cabinets coupe becomes a global problem.
What should be the correct, albeit imperfect cabinet inside later in our team article.
Correct filling of the compartment wardrobe
There are no established standards for internal filling of the cabinet.
Everything depends on several components:
- the size of the niche or wall for embedding;
- number and type of clothing;
- finance, which the customer has.
The simplest layout of the "insides" can be made on the Internet on the websites of some furniture manufacturers. In the same place, based on the specified cabinet sizes: length, width, height, number of shelves, as well as the fittings used, and then immediately displays the price for the design of the design, taking into account the installation and materials.
The compartment compartment, with its internal filling, with options for the placement of shelves, drawers, doors, mirrors and other equally important elements, can be seen even before it stands in the apartment - this is the so-called "test of the pen", designed for a preliminary assessment of the customer's financial costs , which is a good help in calculating the budget of expenditure.
For a small room or hallway, a one-door or two-door wardrobe is suitable. The number of sections in this version is at least two. The division of the cabinet at the design stage into conventional storage areas for long things and shoes, headgear, glove sections and clothing care products will simplify the manufacture of internal elements and compartments.
As a rule, cabinets with one door on the guide (slider) are small and assume an internal ordered placement of clothing and the owner's tidiness, since one of the halves of the cabinet section will be constantly open.
The width of the sections for storing outer clothing should be at least 80 cm, for long things (coats, raincoats, coats), height - at least - 140 cm, maximally - as far as the growth and convenience of hanging the shoulders on the barrel.
Correctly maintained dimensions when planning the internal filling of the compartment compartment can look at the photo below:
The location of the crossbar (the bar for the shoulders) along or across also depends on the customer's preference and the number of things. It is more practical to locate the bolt across the width of the section, rather than in depth, thus saving a considerable amount of space inside the cabinet.
Practical closet compartment inside - features
For two-door and three-door cabinets, the filling options are much larger than for one-door. Such furniture is comfortable in the bedroom and in the dressing room. Among the things intended for storage, there may be bedding, seasonal clothing, tablecloths, towels, magazines and even built-in sections for jewelry and cosmetic accessories.
For storage of bed linen is best to use horizontal shelves. They allow you to fold the laundry in one or two piles in width, depending on the preferences of the hostess. The width of the shelves varies from the standard 40 cm to the maximum possible size in the chosen design.
Practical filling of the compartment cabinets. The photo scheme shows several options, where not only the place is saved, but also much more useful space is involved. The arrangement of things in the cabinet follows a certain sequence:
- Above - the most unnecessary or least used (hats, bags).
- In the middle (at eye level) - the most worn things, often used (dresses, shirts, trousers, underwear).
- From the bottom you can store heavy, but oversized things, such as shoes, travel bags, etc.
Another important feature of the compartment is its carrier structure, its base. For wide elements, the manufacturer uses additional reinforcing elements. They lead to a slight increase in the cost of structures, but they make it stronger and more reliable.
Actually, such a solution for a large number of hanging clothes (coats, coats, jackets) on long crossbeams. If the project deviates from the standard width of the compartment by 120 cm, manufacturers propose to install a perpendicular support in the cabinet inside to insure fractures and deflections of pipes used as crossbeams.
Which filling of the cabinet to choose?
A variety of cabinets, (the photo of the filling of the corner and the direct cabinet are shown below), use space in different ways and take up space in the house also in different ways.
The corner cabinet allows you to occupy a non-standard area in one of the triangular zones of the room. This may be an angle in which no other furniture fits. The beautiful facade of the closet will allow to embellish and such an "inconvenient" space.
The corner cabinet is a mini dressing room, there are twice as many things in the occupied area as in a direct cabinet.
Finance plays a big role in filling the cupboard. The internal elements are made of a metal frame, in which case the shelves and drawers can be overturned and rearranged in different ways during the operation of the cabinet, and panel ones, most often from chipboard, where no options for re-hanging are foreseen.
The metal frame is more expensive, and the panels are cheaper. The feature of the metal frame is the continuity of only its own accessories (pens, hooks, holders, pantographs, crossbars, boxes, etc.).
For panel structures, everything is much simpler. The manufacturer's website usually presents various models of such elements. They are suitable for almost any accessories, so the panel case of the compartment and the options for filling it with additional elements, inside is much more interesting.
Built-in filling elements - a necessity or luxury?
For the storage of men's belts and ties, as internal filling of the cabinet, special retractable holders or shelves with cells are used, which are attached to the sides and very convenient to use.
Shoe boxes (grids) are practical, but they should not be placed close to the floor (under them accumulates dirt and it is uncomfortable to clean it). The width of the net can vary from 30 cm (a pair of shoes) to 100 cm or more.
There are several tricks that make it possible to make even more practical any closet cabinet.
Pantographs are the useful insides of the closet cabinet, which are placed in the closet in the sub-ceiling part of the structure. They are designed for high panels and provide easier access to things located in the upper compartments of the cabinet with hanging pants, blouses, skirts, shirts.
It is possible to divide one of the narrow sections of the projected structure (width from 30 cm, height at least 140 cm) into 2 parts: 100 cm - for items to be hung (usually men's shirts take up just that much space), and use the remaining centimeters as narrow shelves (for shoe boxes, or any small things that you can put on the shelves).
In any case, it must be remembered that the wardrobe of the compartment is not designed for one year and variants of its "growth" are possible. Therefore, the design of the internal space must take into account the perspective and maximum filling, as well as the features of the house or office in which it is operated.
The right closet
- The number of compartments inside the cabinet, if possible, should be equal to the number of doors. It is convenient to use the product when behind each door the compartment has its own compartment. The exception is the wide door, behind it you can put 2 compartments.
- The compartments with the bars under the hangers should be made wider than the compartments with the shelves. For example, the section under the bar - 90 cm, and the most convenient width under the shelves - 50-60 cm.
- The most convenient opening between the shelves in height for storing clothes is 35-40 cm, for books 20-35 cm, depending on their size.
- Under the bar with the shoulders, the optimal opening for short clothing is 80-100 cm, for a length of 150-160 cm. Ideally, it is necessary to measure the length of the clothes and add about 20 cm to it (this is the total height of the shoulders with the distance from the top shelf to the bar.
- On the upper shelf - mezzanine is usually put oversized things, its opening for height is better to make 45-50 cm.
- The overall depth of the compartment compartment with longitudinal bars is best done not 60 cm, as is customary, but at least 65 cm. Due to the mechanism of the doors, all internal filling is heated by 10 cm. Accordingly, the inner depth of the cabinet is 50 cm for clothes with shoulders a little small.
- For storage of underwear, I advise you to provide drawers.
- Always draw out drawers and accessories so that they do not fall on the door frames of the coupe, or on the hinges of the swing doors. They will not advance. In the doorway of the coupe is a dead zone, which is always closed with any rearrangement of the doors, the exception being the four-door wardrobes, where you can open half the opening.
- In the hinged cabinets, the door on the hinge side for 1-2 cm covers the opening and the pull-out mechanisms can also not come out.
- If you plan to handle on the drawer, the drawer must be drowned further into the opening, so that the protruding handle does not interfere with the operation of the doors. Or, on the front of the box, provide for finger digs, grabbing for which, you could push the drawer.
- The optimum height of the front panel of the box is -20-25 cm. At the same time, it must be remembered that the box box is height-wise, often smaller than the front one by 3-5 cm, depending on the type of the guide.
- The guides for boxes are better to use full-ball bearings, they are better, more durable. And it is very convenient, when the inner contents of the box is fully extended, and not half, as with conventional roller guides.
- If the shelves are more than 80-90 cm wide, it is necessary to provide a partition for it, otherwise it will bend under the weight of things. If you plan to use bars for clothes longer than 100-120 cm, I advise you to provide the same vertical bar that rests on the floor with the bottom end, in the upper one - in the shelf above the horizontal bar and these 2 bars are connected with each other by special fasteners.
- If you plan to put any accessory (trouser, tie, shoe, baskets), always specify their size rows and mounting openings, otherwise they may not be in the planned compartment in depth or width.
- The backlighting inside the cabinet is not recommended, since it will illuminate only the upper shelf. It is better to provide for this a remote roof visor, where the halogen lamps are mounted.
- If a large mezzanine is planned in the closet compartment, I do not advise it to make separate sliding doors. Firstly, this is a significant rise in price due to the extra doors of the coupe, and secondly the cabinets of the compartment look much more beautiful, if the doors are to the full height of the product. Take the mezzanine shelf behind the common door.
- Never make empty openings with bars in the outer compartments of a compartment in a separate compartment, otherwise the left or right side panel will simply fall off from the door strikes. Always provide shelves, they connect the edge of the cabinet to the entire structure.
In fact, there are a lot of pitfalls in designing furniture. Better entrust this work to specialists.