What should be the right, perfect cabinet inside?
When buying or ordering furniture, everyone knows how difficult it is to choose from a large number of offers. A simple question becomes a problem if the furniture is made to order, for example, wardrobes, the most favorite and often used interior item in the house. Responsibility for the layout and design, the choice of material, content for the cabinets of compartments is becoming a global problem.
What should be the right, albeit imperfect closet inside further in our team article.
Correct filling of the wardrobe
There are no established standards for the internal filling of the cabinet.
It all depends on several components:
- niche size or wall for embedding;
- the amount and type of clothing;
- finance available to the customer.
The simplest layout of the "entrails" can be made on the Internet on the websites of some furniture manufacturers. It also indicates, on the basis of the specified cabinet sizes: length, width, height, number of shelves, as well as used fittings, and then the price for the execution of the designed structure is also displayed, taking into account the installation and materials.
The wardrobe, the internal content of which with options for placing shelves, drawers, doors, mirrors and other equally important elements can be seen even before it is in the apartment - this is the so-called “pen test”, calculated on a preliminary assessment of the financial costs of the customer That is a good help in calculating the budget expenditures.
For a small room or hallway suitable single or two-door closet. The number of sections in this version is at least two. The division of the cabinet at the design stage into conditional storage areas for long items and shoes, hats, glove compartments and clothing care products will simplify the manufacture of internal elements and compartments.
As a rule, cabinets with one door on the rail (slider) are small and assume an internal orderly placement of clothes and tidiness of the owner, since one of the halves of the cupboard section will be constantly open.
The width of the sections for storing outer clothing should be at least 80 cm, for long things (coats, raincoats, fur coats), height - minimum - 140 cm, as much as possible - as far as growth and convenience of hanging hangers on the crossbar allows.
Properly maintained dimensions when planning the internal filling of the wardrobe compartment can look at the photo below:
The location of the bolt (bar for hangers) along or across also depends on the preferences of the customer and the number of things. It is more practical to place the bolt across the width of the section, rather than in depth, so considerable space inside the cabinet will be saved.
Practical wardrobe inside - features
For two-door and three-door cabinets, the fill options are much greater than for single-door ones. Such furniture is comfortable in the bedroom and in the dressing room. Among the items intended for storage may be bedding, seasonal clothing, tablecloths, towels, magazines and even built-in sections for jewelry and cosmetics.
For storage of bed linen is best to use horizontal shelves. They allow you to fold the laundry in one or two piles in width, depending on the preference of the hostess. The width of the shelves varies from standard 40 cm to the maximum possible size of the selected design.
Practical filling cabinets coupe. The photo scheme shows several options where not only space is saved, but also much more usable space is involved inside. The arrangement of things in the closet is subject to a certain sequence:
- Top - the most unnecessary or least used (hats, bags).
- In the middle (at eye level) - the most wearable items, often used (dresses, shirts, pants, underwear).
- Below you can store heavy, but oversized things, such as shoes, travel bags, etc.
Another important feature of the wardrobe compartment is its supporting structure, its foundation. For wide elements, the manufacturer uses additional reinforcing elements. They lead to a slight increase in the cost of construction, but make it more robust and reliable.
Actually such a solution for a large number of hanging clothes (coats, fur coats, jackets) on long slats. If the project deviates from the standard compartment width of 120 cm, manufacturers propose to install a perpendicular support in the cabinet inside to secure bends and deflections of pipes used as crossbars.
What cabinet content to choose?
A variety of cabinets, (photos of filling the corner and direct cabinet shown below), use the space in different ways and take place in the house as well in different ways.
Corner wardrobe allows you to occupy a non-standard area in one of the triangular zones of the room. This may be an angle into which no other furniture fits. The beautiful facade of the wardrobe allows you to embellish such an "uncomfortable" space.
The corner wardrobe is a mini dressing room, on the occupied area fits twice as many things as in a direct closet.
Finance plays a big role in filling the cabinet. The internal elements are made of metal frame, in this case the shelves and drawers can be hung and rearranged differently during the operation of the cabinet, and panel, most often from chipboard, where the option of hanging is not foreseen.
Metal frame is more expensive, and panels are cheaper. The peculiarity of the metal frame is the continuity of only its own accessories (handles, hooks, holders, pantographs, crossbars, drawers, etc.).
For panel structures, everything is much simpler. The manufacturer’s website usually presents various models of such elements. Almost any accessories fit them, so the panel compartment and options for filling it with additional elements are much more interesting inside.
Built-in filling elements - need or luxury?
For storage of men's belts and ties, special retractable holders or shelves with cells, which are mounted on the sidewalls and are very convenient to use, are used as the internal filling of the cabinet.
Shoe boxes (grids) are practical, but they should not be located right next to the floor (dirt accumulates under them and it is inconvenient to clean it). The width of the grid can vary from 30 cm (for a pair of shoes) to 100 cm and more.
There are several tricks to make any wardrobe more practical.
Pantographs - useful interior cabinets coupe, which are placed in the cabinet in the sub ceiling part of the structure. They are designed for high panels and provide easier access to things located in the upper compartments of the cabinet with hanging trousers, blouses, skirts, shirts.
You can divide one of the narrow sections of the designed structure (width from 30 cm, height at least 140 cm) into 2 parts: 100 cm - for hanging things (usually men's shirts take so much space), and use the remaining centimeters as narrow shelves (for shoe boxes, or any small things that can be folded on the shelves).
In any case, we must remember that the wardrobe is designed for more than one year and options for its "growth" are possible. Therefore, the design of the internal space must take into account the perspective and maximum content, as well as the features of the home or office in which it is operated.
- The number of compartments inside the cabinet, if possible, should be equal to the number of doors. It is convenient to use the product when every compartment door has its own compartment. The exception is made by wide doors, behind it it is possible to put 2 compartments.
- Compartments with rods for hanger is better to do wider compartments with shelves. For example, the section under the rod - 90 cm, and the most convenient width under the shelf - 50-60 cm.
- The most convenient opening between the shelves is 35-40 cm in height for storing linen, for books 20-35 cm, depending on their size.
- Under the hanger bar, the optimal opening for short clothes is 80-100 cm, under the long 150-160 cm. Ideally, measure the length of the clothes and add about 20 cm to it (this is the total height of the hanger itself with the distance from the top shelf to the bar itself.
- On the top shelf - mezzanine usually put bulky items, its opening in height is better to make 45-50 cm.
- The overall depth of the wardrobe with longitudinal bars is better to do not 60 cm, as is customary, but at least 65 cm. Due to the door mechanism, all internal filling is retracted by 10 cm. Accordingly, the internal depth of the cabinet is 50 cm for clothes with hangers a bit small.
- For storing underwear, I advise you to provide drawers.
- Drawers and accessories always plan so that they do not fall on the frames of the doors of the compartment, or on the hinges of swing doors. They will not advance. At the door of the coupe is a dead zone, which is always closed for any rearrangement of the doors, with the exception of the four-door wardrobes, where you can open half of the opening.
- In hinged cabinets, the door on the hinge side closes the opening by 1-2 cm, and the sliding mechanisms may also not slide out.
- If you plan to handle on the box, the box must be further drown into the depth of the opening so that the protruding handle does not interfere with the operation of the doors. Or, on the front panel of the drawer, provide for recesses for fingers, by grasping which, one could pull out the drawer.
- The optimal height of the front panel of the box is -20-25 cm. At the same time, it must be remembered that the box box is height-less, often less than the front one, by 3-5 cm, depending on the type of rail.
- Drawer guides are better to use ball bearings with full extension; they are better, more durable. And it is very convenient when the internal contents of the box is fully extended, and not half, as with conventional roller guides.
- If shelves with a width of more than 80-90 cm are planned, it is necessary to provide a partition for it, otherwise it will bend under the weight of things. If you plan rods for clothes longer than 100-120 cm, I advise you to provide the same vertical bar that rests on the floor with the lower end, and the top end on the shelf above the horizontal bar and these 2 rods are connected to each other with special fasteners.
- If you plan to put any accessory (trouser, tie-piece, shoe holder, basket) always specify their size ranges and mounting openings, otherwise they may not get into the planned compartment in depth or width.
- Illumination inside the cabinet is not recommended, as it will illuminate only the upper shelf. It is better to provide for a remote roof canopy, where halogen lamps are mounted.
- If a large mezzanine is planned in the wardrobe, I do not advise you to make separate sliding doors for it. First of all, this is a significant increase in prices due to additional compartment doors, and secondly, wardrobes look much more beautiful if the doors are full height of the product. Do the mezzanine shelf behind the common door.
- Never make empty apertures with rods in the extreme compartments of a separate wardrobe compartment, otherwise the left or right side panel can simply fall off with the impact of the door. Always cover the shelves, they connect the extreme side panel of the cabinet with the entire structure.
In fact, a lot of pitfalls in the design of furniture. It is better to entrust this work to specialists.