How to make a WinXP bootable CD
Here is a way to create a XP boot disk using NERO new versions (minimum Nero 126.96.36.199).
In this case, Nero 188.8.131.52
The most important points are highlighted in red , if you use other CD-recording programs, make sure that these points are set as described below.
1. Open NERO Express -> Data -> Bootable Data Disk
2. Add distribution files (“ Add ” button on the right)
3. At the bottom, press the " NERO " button to go to the professional NERO.
4. From the left, where the CD tree with the right mouse button -> Properties
5. Click the Boot tab.
6. In the Source of Boot Image Data, set the flag to the Image file and specify the path to it (in Browse set " Show all files ")
7. Set the flag to Enable expert settings (for advanced users only!)
In Expert settings ->
- Kind of Emulation: No Emulation
- Boot Message: MICROSOFT CORPARATION
- Load segment of sectors: 07C0
- Number of loaded sectors: 4
- Platform Identifier: Intel x68 Compatible
In the ISO tab, make sure that the settings are set to the following:
- File / Directory name length: ISO level 1 (Max of 11 = 8 + 3 char) 0
- Format: Mode 10
- Character Set: ISO 9660, Joliet0
- Relax ISO restrictions: all checkboxes are set0
Amendment: If your version of Nero is older than 184.108.40.206, you will not have the Do Not Add option ; "1" ISO file version extention0 in Relax ISO Restrictions. Therefore, the CD will not be bootable! Take the new version of NERO.
In the tab Label -> ISO 9660
Amendment: Volume Label depends on the version of Windows XP
- Windows XP Professional - WXPCCP_EN
- Windows XP Home - WXHCCP_EN
- Windows XP Professional OEM - WXPOEM_EN
- Windows XP Home OEM - WXHOEM_EN
- System Identifier: MICROSOFT_CORPARATION
- Publisher: MICROSOFT_CORPARATION
- Copyright file: MICROSOFT_CORPARATION
- Jackdaw on " Also use the ISO9660 text for Joliet "
In the tab Burn ->
- Set checkboxes only: Write, Finalize CD (no further writing possible)
- Write method: Disk-At-Once Click Write to burn a CD
8. Click Write to burn a CD.