Website hostingHosting is the second basic concept of website building. The lesson is that the site needs not only to register, but also to "place" on the network. This is allowed by duplicate paths.
First, organize your own server on which the site will also be stored. Secondly, it is allowed to contact specialized companies that will host the website on their servers, removing all concerns regarding purely technical issues from you. Services to host your site are also called hosting.
Choosing a hosting company is one of the practical, responsible decisions made at the time of creating your own website. The possibility or impossibility of the implementation of the tasks set before the site, the stability of the site’s work, but the speed of its loading will depend on this election.
Moreover, having already chosen a hosting company, it seems proud to choose the right tariff within the company, which capacity will also determine the nature of the services provided. The selection of the tariff determines several criteria:
1. Money. The more services you want to order, the more it will cost. The cost of the tariff schedule is usually indicated in dollars per moon. Often, with a one-time payment of a long term, discounts seem to be offered and also bonuses.
2. The amount of disk space. The most important criterion of each tariff schedule is the capacity of the disk space that is provided to you on the server of the hosting company, in other words, how much information you can keep on your site. The larger the capacity of the disk space, the more expensive the tariff.
3. Work with databases. Modern Internet portals, chat rooms, forums, news feeds also require a database for their installation. Therefore, it is proud to know whether your tariff supports work with databases of what type, but their maximum allowed number seems to be. Although it is also allowed to try to install all the necessary tools so that they work with one database, but for reliable work it is better to “dilute” them by creating a personal database for each tool. Whether it is worth expressing that sometimes it is technically impossible to establish a pair of funds on a single database. The most common database management system offered by hosters is MySQL.
4. Script support. It is required for the work of many forums, chat rooms and other web applications. Most often hosters provide the ability to use scripts in PHP languages and Perl.
5. Postal capabilities. If you planned to not only make the site, but also get yourself a mail box on the site, then you need to make sure that the selected tariff allows you to create mailboxes. It is also proud to call attention to the number of boxes that are allowed to be created.
6. Additional features. Among such additional features, it is allowed to note the possibility of creating subdomains of the third level based on your site, “parking” sites, hosting on one also a volume of a blah of disk space of a pair of different domains also so on.
Non-obvious aspects of choosing a hosting company
Choosing a hosting company is a kind of art, because how your website will function depends on it.
It’s not always possible to foresee all the necessary possibilities at once, and even if it seems to you that all imaginable and unthinkable options are thought out, the decision has already been made, there are unobvious aspects that are often identified already in the process of using the site. One of these aspects is setting up a PHP language interpreter on the server of the hosting company. The words "PHP support" does not mean the same thing for different companies. As an illustration, consider the artless pattern of life.
Suppose you want to create an Internet project that is somehow related to music, you also need the ability to download authoring music - then you can eat quite impressive files (on average, a music composition has a size of 3-4 MB). You can use a form written in PHP to upload. In the settings of the PHP language interpreter, the parameter to eat is the maximum file size, which is allowed to pass through the form. By default, this size is set to 2 MB, which is quite enough for uploading photos, small images, but clearly not enough for downloading impressive files (more than 2 MB).
The problem is that the hosting company is not always prkticheski always ready to reconfigure its server in order to ensure your comfortable existence. Therefore, if you need to upload impressive files to the site through the form, make sure that the hosting supports it.