Site hostingHosting is the second basic concept of site building. The lesson is that the site does not only need to be registered, but also "placed" on the network. This can be done in duplicated ways.
Firstly, organize your own server, on which the site will also be stored. Secondly, it is allowed to contact specialized companies that will host the website on their servers, removing all your concerns regarding purely technical issues. The hosting services of your site are also called hosting.
Choosing a hosting company is one of the practical responsible decisions made at the time of creating your own website. The possibility or impossibility of implementing the tasks set for the site, the stability of the site’s work, but the speed of loading it seems to depend on this election.
Moreover, having already chosen a hosting company, it seems proud to choose the right tariff within the company, which will determine the capacity and nature of the services provided. The selection of a tariff is determined by the first few criteria:
1. Cash. The more services you want to order, the more expensive it will cost. The cost of the tariff schedule is usually indicated in dollars per moon. Often, with a one-time payment of a long period, it seems like discounts and bonuses.
2. The amount of disk space. The most important criterion for each tariff schedule is the capacity of the disk space that is provided to you on the server of the hosting company, in other words, how much information you can save on your website. The larger the disk capacity, the more expensive the tariff.
3. Work with databases. Modern Internet portals, chats, forums, news feeds require a database for their installation. Therefore, it is proud to know whether your tariff supports working with databases of what type, but their maximum allowable number seems to be. Although it’s also allowed to try to install all the necessary tools so that they work with one database, it’s better to “separate” them for reliable work by creating a personal database for each tool. Is it worth expressing that sometimes it is purely technically impossible to install a pair of tools on one database. The most common database management system that hosters offer is MySQL.
4. Script support. It is required for the labor of many forums, chats, and other web applications. Most often, hosters provide the ability to use scripts in PHP languages also Perl.
5. Post features. If you planned to not only make a website, but also have a mail box on your website, you need to make sure that the selected tariff allows you to create mailboxes. It is also proud to pay attention to the number of boxes that are allowed to be created.
6. Additional features. Among these additional features, it is allowed to note the possibility of creating sub-domains of the third level on the basis of your site, “parking” sites, hosting on the same volume and disk space of a couple of different domains, and so on.
Unobvious Aspects of Choosing a Hosting Company
Choosing a hosting company is a kind of art, because the way your site will function will depend on it.
It’s not practically always possible to foresee all the necessary features at once, also even if it seems to you that all conceivable and unthinkable options are thought out, a decision has already been made, there are non-obvious aspects that are often identified already in the process of website operation. One of these aspects is setting up the PHP language interpreter on the server of the hosting company. The words "PHP support" do not mean the same thing for different companies. As an illustration, consider an ingenuous sample from life.
Suppose you want to create an Internet project in one way or another connected with music, you also need the ability to download authorial music - you can eat quite impressive files (on average, a music composition has a size of 3-4 MB). You can use a form written in PHP to upload. In the settings of the PHP interpreter, eat the parameter - the maximum file size, which is allowed to be transmitted through the form. By default, this size is set to 2 MB, which is enough to upload photos, small images, but obviously not enough to load impressive files (more than 2 MB).
The problem is that the hosting company is by no means always ready to reconfigure its server in order to ensure your comfortable existence. Therefore, if you need to upload impressive files to a site through a form, make sure that hosting supports it.