ICQ security (how to secure your asya), all that concerns the protection of ICQ numbersMany were faced with the fact that someone from a friend or you stole an asi number ...
1. Never save a password in ICQ clients (special attention if you are on a public computer)
2. But in reality, this is “1”, which is not to put simple passwords - it is desirable to put eight digits
a) Example : V * w (0f @%
b) Example : ®> w (0f @% (use special characters) +> ¦ ¦ d? ®? ¦:
Press and hold the left [Alt] key and dial a four-digit code on the numeric keypad.
examples: Alt + 0149 • or Alt + 0169 © or Alt + 0174 ® or Alt + 0167 § or Alt + 0153 ™ or Alt + € 0136 or Start / Programs / Standard / System Tools / Symbol Table
3. If possible, bind to the mailbox, for example
rambler.ru (this service is also available on bigmir.net ) we start a box there user @ rambler.ru in the settings of the mailbox itself there is such a graph
You can change your personal data and password for personal services and services of Rambler to Rambler ID.there we press "Get an ICQ number", but there inside there is a choice to indicate your existing Asya (what we need) and then everything is so clear - what it gives us:
Firstly, the password on the ace and on the box is the same, that is, if you have left asya, you change the password in the box and it automatically changes in the ace (which is what we needed).
4. Do not use the browser IE and others working on its engine.
I personally use Firefox someone who likes opera, but there are a lot of things, the main thing is not to use it.
5. Install the firewall
Since only a properly configured Firewall is a guarantee of relative security, and the configuration is subtle, then for newbies, so to speak, I would advise an anti-hacker from Kaspersky.
6. It does not matter which antivirus you use the main thing so that it updates the bases as often as possible. I prefer NOD32
7. It is also extremely important to update Windows.
8. Do not run on your computer suspicious files a la Internet cracker and do not click on any links sent to you via ICQ or e-mail by unfamiliar or unfamiliar people. ( This is one of the basic rules for safe work on the Web, but for some people it often seems that their ICQ-acquaintance, with whom they have been chatting interestingly for two days, cannot send them a link to a virus (or a page infected with a virus). People, be careful! )
9. Do not use official clients younger than ICQ Lite! Always use the new version of the client!
I hope that someone else will support and write about other opportunities (as detailed as possible)