75 principles of successful people
The author of the first article writes that these are the life principles of Pavel Durov (founder of the VKontakte network), collected in one place.
I do not know if it is true, but it was rather interesting to read.
- Give up the trash you eat, drink and smoke every day. No secrets and tricky diets - natural food, fruits, vegetables, water. No need to become a vegetarian and completely tied up with drinking, it’s just enough to limit sugar, flour, coffee, alcohol and all plastic food as much as possible.
- Learn foreign languages. This will expand the depth of perception of the world and open up unprecedented prospects for learning, development and growth in a career. Russian-speaking Internet users 60 million. English-speaking - a billion. The center of progress is now on the other side of the border, including the language one. Knowledge of English is no longer just a whim of intellectuals, but a vital necessity.
- Read books. The approximate circle is your professional field, history, natural science, personal growth, sociology, psychology, biographies, high-quality fiction. There is no time to read because you are driving and listen to audiobooks. The golden rule - read / listen to at least one book per week. These are 50 books a year that will turn your life upside down.
- Spend it sensibly every weekend. Go to the museum, go in for sports, go out of town, jump with a parachute, bring relatives, go to a good movie. Expand the zone of contact with the world. The more new impressions you pass through yourself, the more interesting life will be, and the better you will understand things and phenomena.
- Start a blog or a regular diary. All the same about what. It does not matter that you do not have eloquence and you will have no more than 10 readers. The main thing is that in its pages you will be able to think and reason. And if you just regularly write about what you love, readers will definitely come.
- Set goals, fix them on paper, in Word or a blog. The main thing is that they are clear, understandable and measurable. If you set a goal, you can either achieve it or not. If you do not, then there are no options to achieve at all.
- Learn to type on the keyboard blindly. Time is one of the few treasures you have, and you should be able to type almost as quickly as you think. And you should not think about where the letter is located, but about what you write.
- Saddle time. Learn to manage your affairs so that they work almost without your participation. To start, read David Allen - "How to put things in order" or Gleb Arkhangelsky. Make decisions quickly, act immediately, do not put it off until later. All affairs either do, or delegate to someone.
- Give up on computer games, aimless sitting on social networks and stupid surfing on the Internet. Minimize communication in social networks, leave one account. Destroy in the apartment a television antenna.
- Stop reading the news. All the same, the key events will be talked about all around, and the additional noise information does not lead to an improvement in the quality of decision making.
- Learn to get up early. The paradox is that in the early hours you always have more time than in the evening. If in the summer at the weekend you leave Moscow at 7 am, then by 10 you will already be in Yaroslavl. If you leave at 10, you will be there, at best for dinner. A person needs 7 hours of sleep, provided that he has good physical exertion and normal nutrition. I do not like programmers who can start working only at 12 o'clock in the afternoon.
- Try to surround yourself with decent, honest, open, intelligent and successful people. We are our environment from which we learn everything we know. Spend more time with people whom you respect and from whom you can learn something (it is especially important that your superiors fall into the category of such people).
- Use every moment of time and every person to learn something new. If life drives you to a professional in any field, try to understand what constitutes the essence of his work, what are his motivations and goals. Learn to ask the right questions - even a taxi driver can be an invaluable source of information.
- Start to travel, often change the situation. It does not matter that there is no money for Argentina and New Zealand - the quality of rest is not associated with the money spent. When you see how diverse the world is, you will stop focusing on the space around you and become more tolerant, calmer and wiser.
- Buy a camera and try to catch the beauty of the world. When you succeed, you will remember your travels not only by vague impressions, but also by the beautiful photographs that you brought with you. Alternatively - try to draw, sing, dance, sculpt, design. That is, do what makes you look at the world with other eyes.
- Do some sports. It is not necessary to go to a fitness club where pitching, pick-ups, balzac ladies and freaks hang out. Yoga, rock climbing, bicycle, horizontal bar, parallel bars, football, jogging, plyometrics, swimming, functional training are the best friends of a person who wants to restore the tone of the body and get a splash of endorphins. And forget about what an elevator is.
- Do unusual things . Go where you have never been, go to work the other way, figure out a problem you don’t know anything about. Come out of the "comfort zone", expand knowledge and horizons. Rearrange the furniture at home, change the appearance, hairstyle, image.
- Invest. Ideally, every month it is worth investing part of the income, because a rich person is not the one who earns a lot, but the one who invests a lot. Try to invest in assets, minimize liabilities and control expenses.
- Get rid of junk. Throw away all unnecessary and unnecessary things that you have not worn or used during the past year. Leave only what you like and need. It's a pity to throw it away.
- Give more than you take. Share knowledge, experience and ideas. A person who not only takes, but also shares, is incredibly attractive. Surely you can do something that others really want to learn.
- Accept the world as it is. Give up value judgments, accept all phenomena as neutral. And even better - as definitely positive.
- Forget about what happened in the past. It has nothing to do with the future. Take from there only experience, knowledge, good relationships and positive impressions.
- Do not be afraid. There are no insurmountable obstacles, and all doubts live only in your head. It is not necessary to be a warrior, you just need to see the target, bypass the obstacles and know that you will achieve it without a chance to fail.
- Last, it is the first. Do what you like. Learn Learn. Develop. Change yourself from the inside.