75 Principles of Successful People
The author of the first article writes that these are the life principles of Pavel Durov (the founder of the VKontakte network), assembled in one place.
I do not know if it's true, but it was rather interesting to read.
- Give up the garbage that you eat, you drink and smoke every day. No secrets and cunning diets - natural food, fruits, vegetables, water. Do not become a vegetarian and completely tie with a drink - just limit the sugar, flour, coffee, alcohol and all plastic food as much as possible.
- Learn foreign languages. This will expand the depth of perception of the world and open unprecedented prospects for learning, development and growth in a career. Russian-speaking Internet users 60 million. Anglophone - one billion. The center of progress is now on the other side of the border, including the language one. Knowledge of English - this is not just a whim of the intellectuals, but a vital necessity.
- Read books. An approximate circle is your professional field, history, natural history, personal growth, sociology, psychology, biographies, quality fiction. There is no time to read because you drive a car - listen to audiobooks. The golden rule is read / listen at least one book a week. It's 50 books a year that will turn your life around.
- Spend on every weekend. Go to the museum, go in for sports, go out of town, jump with a parachute, visit your relatives, go to a good film. Expand the zone of contact with the world. The more new impressions you will miss through yourself, the more interesting life will be, and the better you will be able to understand things and phenomena.
- Start blogging or a regular diary. It's all about what. It does not matter that you do not have eloquence and you will have no more than 10 readers. The main thing is that on its pages you can think and reason. And if you just write regularly about what you like, readers will definitely come.
- Set goals, fix them on paper, in Word or blog. The main thing is that they are clear, understandable and measurable. If you set a goal, you can achieve it, or not. If you do not put, then there are no options at all.
- Learn to type on the keyboard blindly. Time is one of the few treasures that you have, and you should be able to print almost as fast as you think. And you should not think about where the right letter is, but about what you write.
- Saddle time. Learn to manage your affairs so that they work almost without your participation. To begin with, read David Allen - "How to put things in order" or Gleb Arkhangelsky. Take decisions quickly, act immediately, do not postpone for later. All business either do, or delegate to someone.
- Give up computer games, aimlessly sitting in social networks and blunt surfing on the Internet. Minimize communication in social networks, leave one account. Destroy the TV antenna in the apartment.
- Stop reading the news. Anyway, key events will be discussed all around, and additional noise information does not lead to an improvement in the quality of decision-making.
- Learn to get up early. The paradox is that you always do more in the early hours than in the evening. If in the summer at the weekend you leave Moscow at 7 am, then by 10 you will already be in Yaroslavl. If you leave at 10, you'll be there, at best, for dinner. A person needs 7 hours of sleep, provided they have a good physical activity and a normal diet. I do not like programmers who can start working only by 12 o'clock in the afternoon.
- Try to surround yourself with decent, honest, open, intelligent and successful people. We are our environment, from whom we learn everything we know. Spend more time with people you respect and who can learn something (it is especially important that your bosses fall into the category of such people).
- Use every moment of time and every person in order to learn something new. If life takes you to a professional in any field, try to understand what is the essence of his work, what are his motivations and goals. Learn to ask the right questions - even a taxi driver can become an invaluable source of information.
- Start to travel, change the situation more often. It does not matter that there is no money for Argentina and New Zealand - the quality of rest is not related to the money spent. When you see how diverse the world is, you stop obsessing about the space around you, and become more tolerant, calmer and wiser.
- Buy a camera and try to catch the beauty of the world. When you succeed, you will remember your travels not only through vague impressions, but also through beautiful photos that you brought with you. As an alternative - try to draw, sing, dance, sculpt, design. That is, do what will make you look at the world with other eyes.
- Do some sports. It is not necessary to go to a fitness club where pitching, pick-ups, Balzac ladies and freaks hang out. Yoga, rock climbing, bicycle, horizontal bar, bars, football, running, plyometrics, swimming, functional training are the best friends of a person who wants to return the body tone and get a splash of endorphins. And forget about what an elevator is.
- Do unusual things . Go where you've never been, go to work the other way, figure out a problem that you do not know anything about. Come out of the "comfort zone", expand knowledge and horizons. Change the furniture at home, change the appearance, hair style, image.
- Invest. Ideally, every month it is worth investing part of the income, because a rich man is not someone who earns much, but one who invests a lot. Try to invest in assets, minimize liabilities and control costs.
- Get rid of junk. Throw away all unnecessary and unnecessary things that have not been worn or used for the past year. Leave only what you like and need. It's a pity to throw it away - give it away.
- Give more than you take. Share your knowledge, experience and ideas. A person who not only takes, but also shares, is incredibly attractive. Surely you know something that other people really want to learn.
- Accept the world as it is. Give up evaluative judgments, accept all phenomena as neutral. And even better - as uniquely positive.
- Forget about what happened in the past. It has nothing to do with the future. Take with you from there only experience, knowledge, good relations and positive impressions.
- Do not be afraid. There are no insurmountable obstacles, and all doubts live only in your head. It is not necessary to be a warrior, just see the goal, avoid obstacles and know that you will achieve it without a chance to experience failure.
- The last, it's the same. Do what you like. Learn. Uchi. Develop. Change yourself from within.