You should know it! Culinary use of carcass parts
Beef - meat of cattle (cows, oxen, sarlykov, buffalo). The word comes from the old Russian "beef", which means "cattle." (cf. taj. gov, English cow - cow, Armenian. cow, Skt. cow).
Peeled meat is sorted by culinary use. Culinary use of parts of the carcass depends on the number, structure, composition of connective tissue.
- Zarez. Filling soups, fillings and minced meat.
- The blade part. Filling soups, minced patties, goulash.
- Back part Costal - soups; the flesh is hot.
- Sirloin Roast whole piece (roast beef) or thin slices (steak, aza); skins - soups, goulash, meatballs.
- Rump. Roast; with bone - soups, broths.
- Kostrets. Stewed and boiled meat, chopped meatballs, chops, soups; the inner part - beef stroganoff.
- Rump. Stewed and boiled meat, chopped meatballs, soups, broths.
- The shoulder part. Transparent broths and filling soups; without the bone - chopped cutlets and roast.
- Breast - it can be boiled, salt and smoke.
- Pasha - to mince it.
- It is best to steer it.
- Shin - best stew.
- Spatula part. Roast, stew, minced meat, soups, borscht.
- Back part (loin). Schnitzel, chops with a bone, kebabs, azu, roast.
- The lumbar part. Roast, scallop, goulash, kebab, soups.
- Ham. Roast, chopped burgers, broths.
- Brisket Roast, soups, borscht.
- Tank neck. Filling soups.
- Knuckle. Broths, stuffing from the pulp.
- Shin. Broths, stuffing from the pulp.
- Spinal-scapular part. Chops with a bone, roast, kebab, pilaf, boiled lamb.
- Rear part. Roast, braised lamb, kebab.
- Brisket Stew, pilaf, filling soups.
- Pashina. Stew, pilaf, filling soups.
- Zarez. Filling soups.
- Neck. Filling soups.
- Knuckle. Filling soups, jellies.
- Shin. Filling soups, jellies.
The tenderloin is the most delicate part of the carcass, it is used for frying whole, in natural portions and small pieces.
Thick and thin edges are fried whole, portioned with natural, breaded and small pieces.
The inner and upper pieces of the hip portion are used to extinguish in large and portion portions, for frying in breaded and small pieces.
The outer and side pieces of the hip part are stewed in large, portion and small pieces.
Spatula, subscapular parts, brisket, edging (meat category I) are used for cooking in large pieces and quenching in small pieces.
Cutlet meat is used to make minced meat, as it contains up to 80% of connective tissue.
Russia and the countries of the former USSR
- Thick Edge, Rib, Bone Loin
- Thin edge, short fillet
- Peritoneum, flank
- Rump, thigh
- Necks & clod
- Chuck & blades
- Thick rib
- Tiny rib
- Thick flank
- Top sirloin
Via secrets-of-women.ru & wiki