You should know it! Culinary use of carcass parts
Beef - meat of cattle (cows, oxen, sarliks, buffalos). The word came from the old Russian "beef", which means "cattle." (cf. Taj. gov, English cow - cow, Armenian cow, Skt. cow).
Smoked meat is sorted by culinary use. The culinary use of carcass parts depends on the quantity, structure, composition of connective tissue.
- Zarez. Refill soups, fillings and minced meat.
- Scapular part. Refueling soups, minced meatballs, goulash.
- The back part. Rib - soups; the flesh is roast.
- Sirloin. Roast whole piece (roast beef) or thin slices (beef steak, azu); Pokromka - soups, goulash, meatballs.
- Shackles. Roast; with bone - soups, broths.
- Rump. Stewed and boiled meat, minced meatballs, meatballs, soups; the inside is beef stroganoff.
- Rump. Stewed and boiled meat, minced meatballs, soups, broths.
- The humeral part. Transparent broths and dressing soups; boneless - chopped meatballs and roast.
- Brisket - it can be boiled, salted and smoked.
- Flank - to force it.
- Knuckle - best put out.
- Shank - best put out.
- Scapular part. Roast, stew, minced meat, soups, borscht.
- Dorsal part (loin). Schnitzels, chops with a bone, kebabs, azo, roast.
- The lumbar part. Roast, escalope, goulash, barbecue, soups.
- Ham. Roast, minced meatballs, broths.
- Breast. Roast, soups, borscht.
- Tanks with a neck cut. Refill soups.
- Knuckle. Broths, pulp fillings.
- Shin. Broths, pulp fillings.
- The dorso-scapular part. Chops with a bone, roast, kebab, pilaf, boiled lamb.
- Rear end. Roast, lamb stew, barbecue.
- Breast. Stew, pilaf, dressing soups.
- Flank. Stew, pilaf, dressing soups.
- Zarez. Refill soups.
- Neck. Refill soups.
- Knuckle. Refill soups, jellies.
- Shin. Refill soups, jellies.
Tenderloin is the most tender part of the carcass, it is used for frying whole, in natural portioned and small pieces.
Thick and thin edges are fried whole, in portions of natural, breaded and small pieces.
The inner and upper pieces of the hip part are used for stewing large and portioned pieces, for frying breaded and small pieces.
The outer and side pieces of the hip are stewed in large, portioned and small pieces.
The scapular, subscapular parts, brisket, chop (meat of the first category) are used for cooking in large pieces and stewing in small pieces.
Cutlet meat is used for the preparation of chopped products, as it contains up to 80% of connective tissue.
Russia and the countries of the former USSR
- Brisket, brisket
- Thick edge, rib eye, bone loin
- Thin edge, short fillet
- Peritoneum, flank
- Rump, thigh
- Necks & clod
- Chuck & blades
- Thick rib
- Thin rib
- Thick flank
- Top sirloin
Via secrets-of-women.ru & wiki