The benefits of blackened bananas
Everyone loves bananas - both adults and children, and much has been said about the benefits of bananas and banana peels.
Which bananas are healthier - fresh, greenish, or those that have stood in the kitchen long enough to become very soft and even blackened?
Historically, all 500 varieties of cultivated bananas are a hybrid of three types: pointy banana, Balbis banana and Maclay banana.
Some varieties now grow only in Australia or, for example, in the Caribbean.
In the photo from left to right:
- 1. Green banana is a separate variety, not unripe bananas. The fruits are large and inedible in raw form. They make banana chips out of them here. You can also cook them, etc. It is not sold in fruit shops, but in vegetable ones, along with cabbage, potatoes.
- 2. Nendrum (nendrum) - also called here Kerala. Large, spiky, yellow. The pulp is orange, dense, almost crisp, with a hard core. Sweet, fragrant, with a little acidity - very tasty! It costs 40 rupees (30 rubles) per kilogram (7-8 pieces). Unlike other varieties, this one is for some reason sold in kilograms, not pieces. Locals love this variety and consider it healthy. Although I doubt other grades are not healthy.
- 3. Red banana (red banana). Large, fat. The skin is very thin and peels off along with the top layer of pulp. The pulp is yellow, very soft, sweet, aromatic. It costs 5 rupees (3 rubles) apiece.
- 4. Puvan (poovan). Medium in size, thick, light yellow-greenish in color, the flesh is dense, light yellow, the most acidic taste, compared to the rest, aromatic, tasty. It costs 2 rupees apiece, smaller ones - 1.5 rupees. Very common in India.
- 5. Robusta moris (robusta moris). Strongly curved, thin. The skin is yellow. The pulp is light yellow, soft, sweet: nothing special - this is a Moscow banana. Like Puvan, it is found here on every corner. The same price.
- 6. Honey banana. The skin is orange, thin, peeled off with an upper layer of pulp. The pulp is light orange, tender, aromatic. It is delicious, about like red, but with a little sourness. They are apiece like big bananas, and per unit weight, respectively, more expensive.
- 7. Mysore melted (mysore rastali). The smallest of all, spiky, ripe yellow-orange. Outside it is yellow and looks like a honey banana or a small puvan. Inside is white, delicate, without sourness.
In the photo, peeled bananas are in the same order, starting from the second - the Nendrum (the first green "vegetable" is not shown).
Of course, in honor of the photo shoot, we organized a test of bananas and tried to describe their taste.
In general, the taste of all bananas is banana.
This is expected: after all, different hybrids of three close plants.
But some of them taste more interesting, and some are simpler (like "Moscow" robusta) - even bananas that look similar in appearance differ in taste, so there is no doubt that they are really of different varieties.
For ease of transportation, bananas are cut on green plantations and loaded directly with branches into trucks, much like cabbage on collective farms in Ukraine.
Ripen bananas already on the market before selling. For this, special banana sheds are provided here.
Be aware that a regular banana is characterized by rich yellow color, a slightly ribbed streamlined shape, and a shiny smooth surface.
The parameters of a high-quality banana fruit have long been determined: a volume of 3-4 centimeters, a length of 20 or more centimeters.
You are offered bananas with black dots, which means that the sugar content of the fruits has reached the maximum mark.
A completely black banana peel indicates that the supplier of herbal sweets failed to properly preserve it.
However, the darkened berries are no worse to the taste of handsome bananas in a bright yellow “packaging”.
The CIS trade rows mainly include table banana varieties: Gro Michel, Cavendish, Lacatan.
But there are other varieties - vegetable and dessert.
They differ from table berries in length (8-12 centimeters less), taste (almost honey), skin thickness (much thinner) and, undoubtedly, cost (vegetable and dessert bananas are twice as expensive).
Fruit gourmets can enjoy a special kind of banana whose taste resembles that of an apple.
Such fruits are eaten when they acquire a rich black gamut.
“Colored” bananas grow, characterized by pinkish flesh and red-burgundy, red-brown “shell”.
The benefits of blackened bananas
When bananas become soft and very ripe, they are much sweeter.
This is because complex carbohydrates and sugars break down gradually and break down into simpler sucrose over time.
This means that the body is much easier to absorb them, this product is very useful for digestion.
In ripe bananas, there are much more useful vitamins and various trace elements - this is also a fact proven by scientists.
But here's the most amazing thing: bananas that are already starting to blacken are a source of incredibly effective substance that can even fight cancer cells!
When the banana is already very ripe, a powerful antioxidant begins to be produced inside it.
Eating ripe and overripe bananas is very useful for the immune system, this will help your body cope with any infection faster and not catch a new one.
Think about it the next time you are about to throw a ripe banana.
Each one has its own taste - some like greener fruits, others like those that are more sweet and ripe.
Those who don’t tolerate too soft bananas, do not be discouraged.
After all, you can cook a lot of different dishes from them - pancakes with banana, fruit salad, jelly ...
To be healthy, it’s enough just not to reject the beneficial substances that nature itself palms you.
Eat right and enjoy every moment of your life!