Benefits of Blackened Bananas
Bananas love everything - adults and children alike have already said a lot about the benefits of bananas and banana peel.
Which bananas are more useful - fresh, greenish, or those who stood in the kitchen for a long time, became very soft and even blackened?
Historically, all 500 varieties of cultivated bananas are a hybrid of three types: a banana pointed, banana Balbis and Maclay's banana.
Some varieties are now growing only in Australia or, for example, in the Caribbean islands.
In the photo from left to right:
- 1. Green banana (green banana) is a separate variety, not unripe bananas. The fruits are large and raw inedible. They make banana chips here. You can also cook them, etc. It is sold not in fruit shops, but in vegetable, along with cabbage, potatoes.
- 2. Nendrum (nendrum) - also called Kerala here. Large, spiky, yellow. The flesh is orange, dense, almost crunchy, with a firm core. Sweet, fragrant, with a little sourness - very tasty! It costs 40 rupees (30 rubles) per kilogram (7-8 pieces). Unlike other varieties, for some reason this one is sold in kilograms, not pieces. Locals love this variety and believe that it is good for health. Although I doubt that other varieties are not useful.
- 3. Red banana (red banana). Big, fat. The skin is very thin and is separated along with the top layer of pulp. The flesh is yellow, very soft, sweet, aromatic. It costs 5 rupees (3 rubles) apiece.
- 4. Puvan (poovan). Medium in size, thick, light yellow-greenish in color, firm flesh, light yellow, most sour taste, compared to the others, fragrant, tasty. It costs 2 rupees per share, smaller ones - 1.5 rupees. Very common in India.
- 5. Robust Moris (robusta moris). Strongly curved, thin. The skin is yellow. The flesh is light yellow, soft, sweet: nothing special is a Moscow banana. Like puvane, it is found here on every corner. The same price.
- 6. Honey banana (honey banana). The skin is orange, thin, removed with the upper layer of pulp. The flesh is light orange, tender, aromatic. It is delicious, about as red, but with a little sourness. They are worth as big bananas, and per unit of weight, respectively, more expensive.
- 7. Mysore grow up (mysore rastali). The smallest of all, spiky, ripe yellow-orange. The outside is yellow and looks like a honey banana or a small puwan. Inside white, gentle, without sour.
In the photo, peeled bananas are in the same order, starting with the second - Nandrum (the first green "vegetable" is not given).
Of course, we in honor of the photo shoot made a test of bananas and tried to describe their taste.
In general, the taste of all bananas is banana.
This is expected: after all, different hybrids of three close plants.
But some of them are more interesting to taste, and some are simpler (like the "Moscow" Robusta) - even outwardly similar bananas differ in taste, so there is no doubt that they are really different varieties.
For ease of transportation, bananas are cut on the plantation with greens and loaded directly with branches into trucks, just like cabbage on collective farms in Ukraine.
Bananas ripen on the market before being sold. To do this, there are special banana sheds.
The right banana
Be aware that a regular banana is characterized by a rich yellow color, low ribbed streamlined shape, and a shiny smooth surface.
The parameters of a quality banana fruit have long been defined: a volume of 3-4 centimeters, a length of 20 centimeters and more.
You are offered bananas with black dots, which means the sugar content of the fruits has reached the maximum mark.
Absolutely black banana peel says that the supplier of vegetable sweetness could not properly preserve it.
However, darkened berries are no worse than the taste of handsome bananas in bright yellow “packaging”.
The CIS stalls mainly include banana table varieties: Gros Michel, Cavendish, Lakatan.
But there are other varieties - vegetable and dessert.
They differ from table berries in length (8-12 centimeters less), taste (almost honey), skin thickness (much thinner) and, undoubtedly, cost (vegetable and dessert varieties of bananas are twice as expensive).
Fruit gourmets can enjoy a special kind of banana, the taste of which resembles the taste of an apple.
Eat these fruits when they acquire a rich black gamut.
"Colored" bananas, characterized by pinkish flesh and red-burgundy, red-brown "shell", grow.
Benefits of Blackened Bananas
When bananas become soft and very ripe, they are much sweeter.
This is because complex carbohydrates and sugars are gradually split, decompose into simpler sucrose over time.
So, it is much easier for the body to absorb them, this product is very useful for digestion.
In ripe bananas, there are much more useful vitamins and various trace elements - this is also a fact proven by scientists.
But the most surprising thing is that bananas, which are already beginning to turn black, are a source of an incredibly effective substance that can fight even cancer cells!
When the banana is already very ripe, a powerful antioxidant is produced inside it.
Eating ripe and overripe bananas is very useful for the immune system, it will help your body to quickly deal with any infection and not pick up a new one.
Remember this the next time you are going to throw away a ripe banana.
Everyone has their own taste - some like greener fruits, others like sweeter and more ripe ones.
Those who do not tolerate too soft bananas, do not be discouraged.
After all, you can cook a lot of different dishes from them - banana pancakes, fruit salad, jelly ...
To be healthy, simply not to reject the nutrients that nature itself slips you.
Eat right and enjoy every moment of your life!