The use of blackened bananas
Bananas are loved by everyone - adults, children, and the benefits of bananas and banana peels are already very much said.
Which bananas are more useful - fresh, greenish or those that stood in the kitchen long enough, became very soft and even blackened?
Historically, all 500 varieties of grown bananas are a hybrid of three species: banana pointed, banana Balbis and banana Maclay.
Some varieties now grow only in Australia or, for example, in the Caribbean islands.
In the photo from left to right:
- 1. Green banana (green banana) is a separate variety, not ripe bananas. The fruits are large and in their raw form are inedible. Banana chips are made here. You can also cook them, etc. It is sold not in fruit shops, but in vegetable, along with cabbage, potatoes.
- 2. Nendrum (nendrum) - also called the Kerala here. Large, pointed, yellow. Pulp is orange, dense, almost crispy, with a hard core. Sweet, fragrant, with a little sourness - very tasty! It costs 40 rupees (30 rubles) per kilogram (7-8 pieces). Unlike other varieties, this one is for some reason sold in kilograms, not in pieces. Local people love this variety and believe that it is good for health. Although I doubt that other varieties are not useful.
- 3. Red banana. Large, fat. The skin is very thin and is separated together with the upper layer of pulp. Flesh is yellow, very soft, sweet, fragrant. It costs 5 rupees (3 rubles) apiece.
- 4. Poovan (poovan). Medium size, thick light yellow-greenish color, flesh is dense, light yellow, most acidic taste, compared to the rest, fragrant, delicious. There are 2 rupees per piece, the smaller ones - 1.5 rupees. It is very common in India.
- 5. Robusta moris (robusta moris). Strongly curved, thin. The skin is yellow. Flesh is light yellow, soft, sweet: nothing special - this is a Moscow banana. Like puhvan, it is found here on every corner. The same price.
- 6. Honey banana (honey banana). The skin is orange, thin, it is removed from the upper layer of pulp. Pulp is light orange, tender, fragrant. He is delicious, about as red, but with a little sourness. Stand for a thing like big bananas, and per unit weight is accordingly more expensive.
- 7. Mysore rastali (mysore rastali). The smallest of all, pointed, ripe yellow-orange. Outside, yellow and looks like a honey banana or a small puvan. Inside is white, delicate, without acidity.
On the photo, the peeled bananas are in the same order, starting with the second one - the nondrum (the first green "vegetable" is not shown).
Of course, in honor of the photo session we arranged banana testing and tried to describe their taste.
In general, the taste of all bananas is banana.
This is expected: after all, different hybrids of three close plants.
But some of them taste more interesting, and some are simpler (like the "Moscow" robusta) - even similarly bananas differ in taste, so there is no doubt that they are indeed different varieties.
For the convenience of transportation, bananas are cut into green plantations and shipped directly with branches to trucks, about as in Ukraine cabbage on collective farms.
The bananas are rushing already on the market before selling. For this purpose, special banana sheds are provided here.
The Right Banana
Know that the right banana is characterized by a rich yellow color, a slightly ribbed streamlined shape, and a shiny smooth surface.
Parameters of a quality banana fruit have long been determined: a volume of 3-4 centimeters, a length of 20 or more centimeters.
You are offered bananas with black dots, meaning the sugar content of the fruit has reached its maximum.
Absolutely black banana peel indicates that the supplier of vegetable sweetness failed to properly preserve it.
However, the darkened berries are not at all worse for the taste of the handsome banants in a bright yellow "package."
In the trade rows of the CIS, mainly banana varieties such as Gros Michel, Cavendish, Lacatan are found.
But there are other varieties - vegetable and dessert.
They differ from table berries in length (by 8-12 centimeters less), taste (almost honey), thicker peel (much thinner) and, undoubtedly, cost (vegetable and dessert sorts of bananas more than double).
Fruit gourmets can enjoy a special kind of banana, whose taste resembles the taste of an apple.
Eat such fruits when they acquire a rich black scale.
Grow "colored" bananas, differing pinkish flesh and red-burgundy, red-brown "shell".
The use of blackened bananas
When bananas become soft and very ripe, they are much sweeter.
This is because complex carbohydrates and sugars are gradually broken down, break down into a simpler sucrose over time.
So, the body is much easier to digest, this product is very useful for digestion.
In ripe bananas, there are many more useful vitamins and various microelements - this is also a scientifically proven fact.
But what is most surprising: bananas, which are already starting to turn black, are a source of an incredibly effective substance that can fight even cancer cells!
When a banana is already very ripe, a powerful antioxidant begins to be produced inside it.
To eat ripe and ripe bananas is very useful for the immune system, it will help your body to cope faster with any infection and not pick up a new one.
Remember this when the next time you are going to throw out a ripe banana.
Everyone has his own taste - some like more green fruits, others - those that are sending and rushing.
Those who can not bear the spirit of too soft bananas, do not be discouraged.
After all, you can cook a lot of different dishes - pancakes with banana, fruit salad, jelly ...
To be healthy, it's enough just not to reject useful substances, which the nature itself gives you.
Eat right and enjoy every moment of your life!