Incredible facts about the human body. Organism's functions
We do not always like to talk about them, but everyone has to do with the functions of the body every day. Whether we go to work or rest at home, life is full of secrets and very interesting facts inside us.
Here are some facts about the involuntary, sometimes unpleasant actions of our bodies.
When you sneeze, all the components of the sneeze fly at a speed of about 17 km per hour. That is why it is hard for you to keep your eyes open. It is also an undoubted reason to cover the mouth during sneezing.
Interesting fact! For a long time, researchers and doctors believed that the sneeze rate was about 160 km per hour. However, this myth was destroyed in theory quite recently by the researcher William Wells.
In practice, this fact was proven by a virologist from the Laboratory of Public Health in Canada, Julian Than.
By the way, according to the results of these studies, it was concluded that the cough also occurs at the same rate.
Women blink twice as much as men. This was observed based on daily observations.
On average, all people blink about 13 times per minute.
Note! Human blinking is a protective reflex that can respond to various irritations on the skin of the eyelids, eyelashes, or due to light stimulation. The instinct of closing the palpebral fissure before any litter enters the eye is an important biological device.
Also, the eyeball is constantly washed by the tear fluid, which helps to remove foreign bodies.
A full bladder looks like a small soft ball. It is not surprising that you sleep in the bathroom when you feel the call of the wild. The average bladder capacity is about 400-800 ml of fluid, but most people feel the desire to retire to the 250-300 ml bathroom.
Approximately 75% of human waste consists of water. And what we consider to be solid waste is actually based on water. It is for this fact that we should be grateful to nature, because hardly anyone would like to have stones and others instead of liquid wastes.
- In the Roman sewage system was its own patron goddess, Cloacina.
- In Rome, a tax on the sale of human waste was created and introduced in Rome in the fourth century (for what reason and for what it is unknown).
- An ordinary person swallows 2-3 small spiders per year (of course, without noticing).
- In space, you can't make a big burp.
- Astronauts in space often experience difficulties with digestion, therefore, a special capacity for vomit masses is an essential attribute of a spacecraft toilet.
Legs with 500,000 sweat glands can produce more than 1 liter of sweat per day. With such perspiration, it is not surprising that your sneakers sometimes create a stench. In addition, men tend to have more active sweat glands than women.
Note! Pot is an aqueous saline solution with organic matter. Evaporation of sweat promotes thermoregulation. Also, sweat carries pheromones (products of external secretion) and a lot of active substances.
A person has the largest number of sweat glands on the palms (up to 600 per 1 sq. Cm).
The smell of sweat can be repulsive or attractive depending on the gender of the subject and the readiness to mate. The smell of sweat in a healthy person is not distinguishable. The expressive, characteristic smell appears only after some time, when the bacteria that live on the human body begin to multiply.
The volume and composition of sweat is very extensive and depends on the environment.
During the whole lifetime, you will produce such amount of saliva with which you can fill two swimming pools. Saliva plays an important role in the beginning of the digestive process of the oral cavity.
- Saliva can neutralize alkalis and acids.
- The vegetative nervous system controls salivation.
- The composition of saliva is regulated depending on the composition of the food.
- Saliva production decreases with fright, dehydration, or stress, and generally stops during anesthesia and sleep.
- You cannot determine the taste of food until saliva soaks it.
- An antibacterial substance (lysozyme) is present in human saliva, which can help the healing of wounds and abrasions.
- The boiling point of saliva is three times more than water.
- At the time of our kisses, an average of 60 mg of saliva with organic substances, fats, salts and bacteria is poured into the mouth from the mouth into the mouth. Bacteria enters during this action about 20,000, 95% of which are harmless.
Facts about flatulence
The average person produces flatulence (excess gas in the intestines) 14 times every day.
Even if you think that it is not worthy of a decent person, then nature will definitely disappoint you. As a result of digestive processes, the body produces gases that, if left in the stomach, can cause pain. Therefore, it is better to release gases.
- Gases in the intestines can be flammable.
- The temperature of their formation is 37 degrees Celsius, and gases come out at a speed of 11 km per hour.
- The concentration of gas is low, so you can not suffocate them, even while in the airtight chamber.
- Hydrogen sulphide gives stench to gases.
- Most of them come from air, which we can swallow. Bubbles of ingested carbon dioxide and nitrogen are large enough to be able to produce loud sounds.
- The human body releases gases even after death.
- Legumes cause extensive flatulence. The body is not able to digest some polysaccharides. Having reached the lower intestine, bacteria begin to feed on these complex carbohydrates, due to which large amounts of gases are formed.
Earwax production is essential for ear health. Many people find earwax disgusting, but in fact it’s a very important part of your ear’s defense system. It protects the delicate ear from bacteria, fungi, dirt and even insects.
In addition, earwax cleans and lubricates the ear canal.
- Earwax prevents itching in the ear.
- Frequent cleansing of earwax contributes to hearing loss.
- Its smell depends on the nationality of the person.
- The development of earwax provoke, including fear and stress.
Experts say that ear candles, which many people clean their ears, are dangerous. They can cause ear burn, perforate the eardrum and block the ear canal. Therefore, it is best to wash the ears under the shower with warm water.