How to quickly get rid of toothache at home without pills
Toothache is one of the most unpleasant types of pain that can torment a person at any age. Most often, the cause of the appearance of such pain is irritation of the dental nerve . The pain can be short-term or constant, sharp or throbbing.
In some cases, toothache can be accompanied by swelling, headaches and various secretions from the affected tooth. In some cases, pain occurs suddenly and it is impossible to consult a dentist. In such cases, information on how to get rid of a toothache at home will help.
To get rid of toothache at home does not mean to solve the problem.
As you know, the occurrence of toothache can be prevented by brushing your teeth with a toothbrush and floss twice a day and rinsing the mouth. But even proper hygiene does not always guarantee the absence of toothache.
The most common problems that can cause tooth pain are:
- a crack in the tooth;
- the habit of grinding your teeth;
- gum and root infections;
- tooth injury;
- sinus infections.
Some causes of toothache are more dangerous than others, for example, when it comes to infections. Remember, gum or tooth infections are a direct threat to the body as a whole. Therefore, even if you managed to get rid of a toothache at home, be sure to make an appointment with the dentist.
10 points whose massage will help get rid of toothache at home
To get rid of toothache at home, when there is no possibility to go to the dentist (for example, in the middle of the night), you can massage the following points.
1. Point SI 18 is located on the lower edge of the zygomatic bone - in line with the outer corner of the eye and the lower edge of the nose. Massage is carried out by the index and middle fingers. Massage on both sides of the face for 1 minute.
2. The point ST 6 can be found between the upper and lower jaw, on the muscle, which can be felt in front of the earlobe, by locking the back teeth. Massage the point with your thumb for 1 minute.
3. Point LI4 is located at the highest junction of the thumb and forefinger. Massage is done with the thumb. Duration - 1 minute. Alternating women are not recommended to massage this point to avoid premature contractions.
4. The ST 44 point also helps to relieve toothache in some cases. This point is located between the second and third toes, as shown in the figure below. Massage of this point is carried out with index fingers for a minute.
5. Massage of the KD 3 point , the Chinese believe, will help relieve toothache caused by kidney problems. This point is located in the recess between the edge of the inner ankle and the calcaneus tendon (see. Fig.). Massage the indicated point with the thumb on both legs for 1 minute.
6. Point SJ 2 is located on the back of the hand, at the junction of the little finger and ring finger. Massage is carried out on both hands for a minute.
7. Point SJ 5 is located on the back of the hand, about two fingers below the carpal fold. The impact on the point is similar to that described above.
8. Point GV 14 is located at shoulder level, under the spinous process of the seventh cervical vertebra. To get rid of toothache at home, you need to work on this point, lowering your head and pressing on the point for 1 minute.
Massage of all the above points must be performed while breathing deeply.
We remind you that you can temporarily get rid of toothache, however, this will not solve the problem that caused the tooth soreness. Therefore, you still need to check your teeth with a dentist who will tell you what is the cause of your pain and advise effective methods of eliminating it.