What possibilities does our own body hide from us
These little tricks, which you hardly knew existed, can turn out to be very useful and effective when you need to rid your body of unpleasant sensations!
1. If you have a toothache, rub a cube of ice in the V-shaped area between the thumb and forefinger. Numbness in the arm will reduce the intensity of the toothache.
2. If you have to listen to the other person in a noisy room, then turn to his right ear. The right ear picks up words better, while the left ear hears sounds and music well. Remember this in case you are going to take a phone from a beauty in a club.
3. Speaking of clubs. If you go over and feel that your head is spinning, put your hands on something firm and stable. Tactile sensations deceive the brain, which allows you to maintain balance.
And if the unbearable dizziness does not go away even after you go to bed, then put one foot on the floor. This will reduce the painful sensation of imaginary movement.
4. No matter how strange this may sound, it has been proven that people who hate injections need to cough before doing so. Experiments have shown that an unexpected cough reduces the pain that a person experiences while inserting a needle into the skin.
5. If you go to bed immediately after a hearty lunch, be sure to lie on your left side. Sleep on the right side helps keep the stomach above the esophagus, which means that digested food and gastric juice can enter the esophagus and cause heartburn and other unpleasant sensations.
6. If you are in a bad mood, then hold a pencil in your mouth. It activates the muscles that a person activates when he smiles that he will “fool” your brain.
7. If you urgently need to "go a little", and the toilet was not nearby, then to suppress this desire, think about sex.
8. When bleeding from the nose, the following will help: put a cotton swab to the upper gums behind a small dent under the nostrils and press it with your fingers. Basically, blood comes from the cartilaginous septum of the nose, and a strong pressure on it will help stop the bleeding.
9. If you want to hold your breath under water for a much longer time, take a few short breaths instead of one deep. This will make the brain think that it has received more oxygen, and you will win a few extra seconds.
10. There are dozens of “guaranteed” ways to get rid of hiccups. Nevertheless, studies show that the whole point is an increased level of CO2 in the blood. Therefore, a surefire way to stop hiccups is to breathe in a plastic bag for 30 seconds.
11. If you are cradled and you feel nausea, press the point between the two tendons on the inside of the wrist.
12. If your hand is numb, try shaking your head from side to side. This will relieve tension in the neck and ease the tingling sensation in the hand. And if the leg is numb, it’s best to walk a bit around it.
13. To restrain gagging, squeeze the hand tightly into a fist, so that the thumb is inside it.
14. To increase the range of vision, hold your hand in a fist and look through the hole that has formed, like through a telescope. This trick allows a narrow beam of light to reach the retina and increase the depth of field and focus.
15. If you are stabbing in the side while running, you are probably exhaling when you step on your right foot, and this puts additional pressure on the liver. To avoid pain, exhale to the left.