Wari porridge right! A useful reminder of how much time is cooked cereals
Porridge is a dish consisting of grains boiled in water (or in milk), sometimes with additives such as salt, sugar, condiments, milk, fruits and dried fruits, jam.
Porridge is very common in Ukrainian cuisine; In many countries, traditional food for breakfast. Traditionally, porridge is cooked in clay or cast-iron pots in a Russian oven, now also in pots on plates or in special dishes in microwave ovens. In Russia, porridge has always been the most frequent hot food in the army, especially in marching conditions. Hence the frequently used name of the profession of the army cook - "cook". The soldiers themselves give some porridge some slang nicknames, for example, pearl porridge in the army is called shrapnel or bolts for a characteristic appearance. Also, pearl porridge in the army is called a kirshukha, a narcotic porridge (from a distorted name of the groats is a pearl). Also porridge is an integral part of baby food. Porridge can be seasoned with milk, olives, cheese, low-fat cheese, butter, raisins, dried apricots, dried fruits and other useful and tasty supplements.
To make the porridge perfect, it is important to properly observe the cooking time of the cereals! From the time of cooking depends the consistency of the porridge, it will not burn and will not run away if everything is done correctly. About such elementary things it is necessary to remind everyone and even experienced housewives, because we rarely cook some cereals, so we did not manage to determine the willingness intuitively. This memo of cereals will help to prepare a porridge that will be delicious in itself, without additional products, sauces and additives!
How to brew the most common cereals
- Rice is cooked for 15-20 minutes. Water should be taken 2 times more than rice. Cook rice in a small container on a low heat. It is also important to properly soak rice for an excellent result.
- Millet cooked for 25-35 minutes. Millet before cooking is best washed in warm water and cooked on low heat.
- Buckwheat cooked for 20-25 minutes. For one glass of buckwheat you need to take 2.5 glasses of water. Cook the buckwheat on low heat without stirring.
- Perlowing is prepared for 40 minutes - 1.5 hours. Pearl barley should be boiled in a large container with plenty of water. Before cooking, grains must be soaked for at least 5 hours in hot water.
- Manna porridge is cooked for 15 minutes. A couple of minutes left to boil water or milk. The proportions with which the porridge turns out delicious is 2 tbsp. L. Cereals for 200 ml of liquid.
- Oat groats pour for 4 hours with boiling water, then cook for 30 minutes on a small fire. Undiluted oatmeal is cooked for 2 hours.
- Oat flakes are cooked from 3 to 5 minutes over low heat.
- Bulgur is boiled for 15-20 minutes under a lid on low heat.
- The barley is cooked for 20 minutes, it is necessary to throw it into boiling water.
- Green and red lentils cook for 30-35 minutes. Brown lentils are ready in 20 minutes.
- Corn for 30 minutes. It is better to cook it in salted and sweetened water.
- Polenta - porridge from corn flour, analogous to hominy - it is cooked for 35-40 minutes with constant stirring.
This is by no means all kinds of common cereals, but we cook them more often. To the porridge was delicious, it is very important to let it stand for 15 minutes after cooking in a warm place, for example in the oven. This applies to all cereals with a cooking time exceeding 15 minutes.
Show this memo about how many groats are being prepared, to your friends, without porridge - nowhere!