How to make injections at home yourself
Injection - a way of introducing certain solutions (eg medicines) into the body with a syringe and a hollow needle or by injecting under high pressure (needleless injection).
I was always afraid of injections and could never assume that I would learn to do them myself! But in life everything happens, for example, injections are given intramuscularly, and there is no possibility to go to the hospital. What to do? You can ask to inject someone from close relatives or neighbors with a medical background. But sometimes it happens that this can not be done.
After reading this instruction on the smartphone, I decided to inject a shot intramuscularly to myself! I admit, I was very worried and afraid. But the precise instructions helped me to master the task skillfully! The most difficult thing in doing an injection yourself is to overcome the fear of puncturing the skin. Believe me, it's not as painful as it seems. How to make an injection in the buttock to yourself? This we will discuss in the article.
How to make a shot at home
Preparation for injection
An obligatory condition for the introduction of drugs into the muscle is the observance of elementary hygiene. Before brushing, wash hands thoroughly. It is necessary to prepare a preparation, a sterile syringe, a blade that opens ampoules, cotton wool, alcohol wipes or vodka. To make the injection less painful, it is recommended to use a long thin needle.
Carrying out a prick
If you are injecting another person, it is best that he is lying. In this position it is easier to achieve complete relaxation of the muscles. When carrying out an injection to yourself, it is also desirable to take a horizontal position, although, with sufficient skill, you can make yourself an injection and standing up.
The needle is inserted strictly into the upper upper quarter of the gluteus muscle. In this case, you are completely safe from getting into the nerve or blood vessel.
Follow these simple steps:
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- To correctly determine the site of the injection, hold the imaginary cross on the buttock, which will divide it into 4 parts. The injection should be done in the upper outer square!
- Remove the syringe from the package and put a needle on it. Shake the ampoule (pre-wipe with cotton wool soaked in alcohol and check the name and concentration of the drug) and break off its tip. Type the medicine in the syringe, without touching the needle of the ampoule walls.
- Wipe with an alcoholic napkin intended for the introduction of the drug area of the buttocks.
- Take the syringe in the right hand, remove the cap from the needle and release a small trickle to leave no air in the syringe. With your left hand, gently collect the skin at the presumptive site of the injection, forming a cushion. Quickly stick a needle, holding it perpendicular. If very scary, you can take a deep breath.
- Now relax and apply the medicine as slowly as possible! The syringe should be held like a handle, pressing the piston with your thumb.
- Remove the syringe, wipe the place with a cotton wool soaked in alcohol, lightly massaging it.
Injections, as a rule, are not introduced once, but are calculated for a certain course. Some of the drugs, for example, B vitamins, bring quite painful sensations. With a long course, you should alternate the buttocks and do injections at a distance of 1-2 cm from each other. In the area of the injection, you can do an iodine net, which speeds up the process of resorption of the drug and reduces the feeling of pain and discomfort.
Now you know how to inject yourself! There's nothing to worry about. Many say that it's easier to prick yourself in the leg, but this moment is rather doubtful. After the injection in the thigh, unpleasant pain can occur, the leg will pull. Option with a stab in the buttock - a win-win!
Doing prick yourself, pay attention to the length of the needle: for intramuscular injections, use only long needles! A needle of the right length will ensure that the medicine enters the muscle, not under the skin, which will help to avoid the inflammatory process.
Simple cheat sheet
- Intramuscular - 90 degrees
- Subcutaneous - 45 degrees
- Intravenous - 25 degrees degrees
- Intradermal - 10-15 degrees
Via takprosto.cc & kaifzona.ru & wiki