How to make shots at home by yourself
Injection is a method of introducing into the body some solutions (for example, medicines) with a syringe and a hollow needle or by injection under high pressure (needleless injection).
I was always afraid of injections and never could have imagined that I would learn how to do them myself! But anything happens in life, for example, injections are given intramuscularly, and there is no possibility of going to the hospital. What to do? You can ask to inject someone from relatives or neighbors with medical education. But sometimes it happens that this is impossible to accomplish.
After reading this instruction on a smartphone, I decided to make an injection intramuscularly to myself! I admit, I was very worried and afraid. But accurate instructions helped me skillfully cope with the task! The most difficult thing to do injecting yourself is to overcome the fear of a skin puncture. Believe me, it's not as painful as it sounds. How to make a shot in the buttock itself? We will tell about this in the article.
How to make a shot at home
Preparation for injection
A prerequisite for the introduction of drugs in the muscle is elementary hygiene. Wash your hands thoroughly before the injection. It is necessary to prepare a preparation, a sterile syringe, a blade with which the ampoules, cotton wool, alcohol wipes or vodka are opened. To make the injection less painful, it is recommended to use a long, thin needle.
Holding the injection
If you give another person a shot, it’s best to lay him down. In this position, it is easier to achieve complete muscle relaxation. When the injection itself is also desirable to take a horizontal position, although, with sufficient skill, a shot can be done while standing.
The needle is inserted strictly in the extreme upper quarter of the gluteus maximus. In this case, you are fully protected from falling into a nerve or blood vessel.
Perform the following simple steps.
- Wash your hands with soap.
- To correctly determine the location of the injection, hold an imaginary cross on the buttock, which will divide it into 4 parts. The injection should be done in the upper outer square!
- Remove the syringe from the packaging and put a needle on it. Shake the ampoule (first wipe with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol and check the name and concentration of the preparation) and break off its tip. Put the medicine into the syringe, without touching the walls of the ampoule with a needle.
- Wipe the area of the buttocks that is intended for drug administration with an alcohol wipe.
- Take the syringe in your right hand, remove the cap from the needle and let go of a small trickle so that there is no air left in the syringe. With your left hand, pick up the skin a little at the supposed injection site, forming a cushion. Insert the needle quickly, holding it perpendicularly. If very scary, you can take a deep breath.
- Now relax and inject medicine as slowly as possible! You need to hold the syringe like a pen, pressing down on the piston with your thumb.
- Remove the syringe, wipe the injection site with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol, lightly massaging it.
Injections, as a rule, are not administered once, but are designed for a specific course. Some of the drugs, such as B vitamins, are quite painful. With a long course, you should alternate the buttocks and make injections at a distance of 1-2 cm from each other. In the area of the injection can be done iodine mesh, which accelerates the resorption of the drug and reduces the feeling of pain and discomfort.
Now you know how to make an injection to yourself! There is nothing wrong with that. Many say that it is easier to stab yourself in the leg, but this moment is rather doubtful. After the injection into the thigh, unpleasant pain may occur, the leg will pull. The option with a shot in the buttock - win-win!
When making an injection to yourself, pay attention to the length of the needle: only long needles should be used for intramuscular injections! The needle of the desired length will ensure that the medication gets into the muscle and not under the skin, which will help to avoid the inflammatory process.
Simple cheat sheet
- Intramuscular - 90 degrees
- Subcutaneous - 45 degrees
- Intravenous - 25 degrees
- Intradermal - 10-15 degrees
Via takprosto.cc & kaifzona.ru & wiki