How to do injections at home yourself
Injection is a method of introducing certain solutions into the body (for example, drugs) using a syringe and a hollow needle or by injection under high pressure (needleless injection).
I was always afraid of injections and could never have imagined that I would learn how to do them myself! But everything happens in life, for example, injections are given intramuscularly, but there is no way to go to the hospital. What to do? You can ask for injections from someone close or neighbors with a medical background. But sometimes it happens that this is impossible to implement.
After reading these instructions on a smartphone, I decided to inject myself intramuscularly! I admit, I was very worried and afraid. But the exact instructions helped me masterfully cope with the task! The most difficult part about doing the injection yourself is to overcome the fear of skin puncture. Believe me, this is not as painful as it seems. How to inject yourself in the buttock? We will talk about this in the article.
How to make an injection at home
A prerequisite for the introduction of drugs into the muscle is compliance with basic hygiene. Wash hands thoroughly before injection. It is necessary to prepare the drug, a sterile syringe, a blade that opens ampoules, cotton wool, alcohol wipes or vodka. To make the injection less painful, it is recommended to use a long thin needle.
If you give an injection to another person, it is best that they lie. In this position, it is easier to achieve complete muscle relaxation. When carrying out the injection, it is also advisable for oneself to take a horizontal position, although, with sufficient dexterity, an injection can be given to yourself while standing.
The needle is inserted strictly into the upper upper quarter of the gluteal muscle. In this case, you are completely safe from getting into the nerve or blood vessel.
Follow these simple steps
- Wash your hands with soap.
- To correctly determine the injection site, draw an imaginary cross on the buttock, which will divide it into 4 parts. An injection should be made in the upper outer square!
- Remove the syringe from its packaging and put the needle on it. Shake the ampoule (first wipe with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol and check the name and concentration of the drug) and break off its tip. Draw the medicine into the syringe without touching the ampoule walls with the needle.
- Wipe the area of the buttock intended for drug administration with an alcohol wipe.
- Take the syringe in your right hand, remove the cap from the needle and release a small trickle so that there is no air left in the syringe. With your left hand, slightly pick up the skin at the supposed injection site, forming a roller. Insert the needle quickly, holding it perpendicularly. If you are very scared, you can take a deep breath.
- Now relax and take your medicine as slowly as possible! The syringe must be held like a pen, pressing the piston with your thumb.
- Take out the syringe, wipe the injection site with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol, gently massaging it.
Injections, as a rule, are not administered once, but are designed for a certain course. Some of the drugs, such as B vitamins, are quite painful. With a long course, you should alternate the buttocks and make injections at a distance of 1-2 cm from each other. In the injection area, an iodine network can be made, which accelerates the process of resorption of the drug and reduces the feeling of pain and discomfort.
Now you know how to inject yourself! There is nothing to worry about. Many say that it’s easier to stab yourself, but this moment is rather doubtful. After injection into the thigh, unpleasant pain may occur, the leg will be pulled. The option with an injection in the buttock is a win-win!
When injecting yourself, pay attention to the length of the needle: for intramuscular injections, only long needles must be used! A needle of the right length will ensure that the medicine enters the muscle, and not under the skin, which will help to avoid the inflammatory process.
Simple cheat sheet
- Intramuscular - 90 degrees
- Subcutaneous - 45 degrees
- Intravenous - 25 degrees
- Intradermal - 10-15 degrees
Via takprosto.cc & kaifzona.ru & wiki