Treatment of asthma with folk remedies
Bronchial asthma is a chronic disease, the basis of which is a permanent non-infectious inflammatory process in the airways. In the development of the disease, external and internal factors play a role. External factors are allergens , infection (viruses, fungi, certain bacterial species), chemical and mechanical irritants, meteorological factors, stress and physical overload. Allergy to dust is the most common form. Internal factors include defects in the immune and endocrine systems, a violation of the sensitivity and reactivity of the bronchi that may be hereditary , and others.
Symptoms of asthma
Characteristic manifestations of bronchial asthma are attacks of suffocation, shortness of breath with a shortness of breath, cough with hard-to-separate sputum. Sometimes the body temperature rises, which indicates an increased activity of bronchopulmonary infection.
When examining the patient's skin, you can see the accompanying allergic manifestations : hives, eczema, psoriasis.
For shortness of breath with a fit of bronchial asthma, a short inhalation and an extended exhalation are characteristic, accompanied by wheezing sounds that are heard from a distance. The muscles of the shoulder girdle, back, abdomen take part in breathing. The thorax is in the maximum inhalation position. The attack ends with the separation of viscous sputum.
Frequent, severe, prolonged bouts of the disease can go into asthmatic status , which is one of the most serious and dangerous complications of the disease. This condition is characterized by a sharp choking, in which the number of wheezing decreases until their complete disappearance (a symptom of the "mute" lung). When the status is often marked by immunity to ongoing drug therapy.
Factors predisposing to the development of asthmatic status are most often the uncontrolled use of corticosteroid and sympathomimetic drugs, a sharp interruption of long-term hormonal therapy, acute or exacerbation of chronic diseases of the respiratory system, abuse of hypnotics and sedatives,
There are several stages of development of asthmatic status.
- In the first stage there are pains in the muscles of the shoulder girdle, chest, abdomen, dyspnea and cough with hard-to-separate sputum.
- The second stage is characterized by a severe condition of the patient. The skin acquires a pale gray shade, the breathing becomes superficial and rapid, blood pressure decreases, the pulse is palpable with difficulty. The periods of excitement are replaced by indifference.
- In the third stage of development of the asthmatic status, consciousness can be absent, the skin is cyanotic-pale, the blood pressure is so low that it is difficult to determine, there may be convulsions.
Folk remedies for bronchial asthma
- Prepare a balm of 250 grams of aloe, 0.5 liters of wine "Cahors" and 350 g of unsafed honey. Before cutting the leaves, the plant should not be watered for 2 weeks. Cut off the leaves from the dust (do not wash!), Cut and put in a glass jar, pour "Cahors" and honey. Mix thoroughly and insist 9 days in a cool place, then strain and wring out. Take the first 2 days for 1 tablespoon 3 times a day, then 1 teaspoonful 3 times a day.
- Aloe leaves are cut at the age of 3-5 years, kept in the dark for 2 weeks at a temperature of 4-8 ° C, washed, crushed, poured boiled water in a ratio of 1: 3, insist 1-1.5 hours and squeeze the juice. 0.5 cup of this juice is mixed with 500 g of ground walnuts and 300 g of honey. Take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day for 30 minutes before eating.
- Ingredients: plantain (leaves) - 1 part, elderberry grass (flowers) - 1 part, sundew (grass) - 1 part, violet trichrome (grass) - 1 part. Four teaspoons of the ground mixture are poured a glass of boiling water, 5 minutes are kept in a water bath, after which they are cooled and filtered. Decoction is drunk during the day in 3 divided doses.
- A tablespoon of dried or fresh leaves of plantain large pour a glass of boiling water, insist for 15 minutes, drain. Take 1 tablespoon 4 times daily before meals. It is used as an antitussive agent for respiratory diseases with abundant sputum, including bronchial asthma, whooping cough and tuberculosis.
- Wash and peel 400 g of ginger root , grate it on a grater, pour into a bottle and pour alcohol. Infuse in warmth or sun exposure for 14 days, periodically shaking the bottle. The tincture should be yellow. Strain, squeeze and let stand. Drink 2 times a day for 1 teaspoon, washed down with 3 sips of water, after eating.
- Thoroughly mash 1 tablespoon of viburnum and pour a glass of warm boiled water, add 1 tablespoon of honey and mix well. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Mix again and strain. The mixture should be drunk during the day, taking 1 tablespoon every 1,5-2 hours. Asthmatics prone to hypertension, it is better to take the juice of fresh berries of viburnum for 1 tablespoon 6-8 times a day.
- Garlic oil is an effective bactericidal and emollient in the treatment of bronchial asthma. To make it, grate garlic on the grater, mix it with salt and butter (100 g of butter - 5 large cloves of garlic, salt to taste). Garlic oil can be eaten by spreading on black and white bread or adding it to mashed potatoes.
- 250 grams of ground coffee, pour 0.5 kg of honey and mix thoroughly. Take small meals before eating. The prepared mixture is designed for 20 days of treatment. If you feel that you are better, then the treatment can be repeated again. You can also mix 0.5 kg of honey, 100 g of butter, 70 grams of horseradish and garlic. Take 1 tablespoon per hour before meals for 2 months.
- When asthma attacks, very much helps massage the upper body - from the head down to the chest. You can do massage with talc or oily cream. To dilute sputum during seizures, drink a little sour wine or take soda at the tip of the knife. It is also helped by tincture of valerian (15-20 drops on a glass of water).
- Datura ordinary is used to treat asthma patients. This plant has an antispasmodic effect. Inside take tincture, which is prepared from 1 part of pounded seeds and 5 parts of alcohol, insist 7 hours. At reception strictly observe a dosage: 2 drops on 3 table spoons of water. Take 3-5 times a day, you can inhale her couples for 15 minutes 3 times a day.
- 40 heads of seed onion pour boiling water and wait until they become soft. Then drain the water and put the onion in 0.5 liter of olive oil. Stew until cooked, then mash to a consistency of mashed potatoes. Take in the morning and evening for 1 tablespoon.
- 2 heads of garlic and 5 lemons grate, pour boiled water at room temperature (1 L). Insist 5 days, then strain and squeeze. Take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day for 20 minutes before eating.
- With bronchial asthma, whooping cough and chronic bronchitis as an expectorant with an antiallergic effect, they use a decoction of a rosemary. A tablespoon of chopped herbs pour a glass of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes, cool and take a tablespoon 5-6 times a day.
- Fruits of anise ordinary, grass of thyme creeping, fruits of fennel ordinary and seeds of flax seed to mix equally. Four teaspoons of collection pour a glass of water at room temperature, infuse for 2 hours, boil for 5 minutes, drain. Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day.
- Fennel ordinary fruits, anise ordinary fruit, licorice naked roots, pine buds and crooked thyme grass in equal parts. 10 g of collection pour 200 ml of water, heat on a boiling water bath for 15 minutes, cool 45 minutes, strain and bring the amount of infusion to the original volume. Take 1 / 4-1 / 3 cup 3 times a day.
- Take 4 teaspoons of chopped mother-and-stepmother leaves, brew with a glass of boiling water, insist 30 minutes and strain. Drink 1/4 cup 4 times a day.
- Grass thyme ordinary, the leaf of the mother-and-stepmother, the grass of the violet tricolor, the root of elecampane high, the fruits of anise ordinary mix in equal proportions. A tablespoon of the mixture pour a glass of boiling water, insist 30 minutes. Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day after meals with bronchitis, bronchial asthma.
- 150 g fresh grated horseradish mixed with 2-3 lemons juice and take after eating 1/2 teaspoon in the morning and after dinner, without washing down. This tool is intended for adults only.
- Mix evenly the herb of thyme creeping, buds of Scots pine, fruits of anise ordinary, fruits of fennel ordinary. Spread a tablespoon of the mixture with a glass of hot water, heat on a boiling water bath for 15 minutes, cool for 45 minutes. Strain. Take 1 / 4-1 / 3 cup 3 times a day.
- Shell 10 of raw eggs to release from the inner film, dry and grind into a powder, which must be poured with juice of 10 lemons and put for 10 days in a dark place. The resulting mixture strain through cheesecloth and mix with another composition of the following preparation: 10 yolks beat with 10 tablespoons of sugar and pour a bottle of cognac into the formed gogol-mogol. The resulting mixture (shell powder, lemon juice, yolks, cognac) mix thoroughly and take 30 g 3 times a day for 30 minutes before meals. Soon after the reception should come relief. If necessary, the course of treatment can be repeated.
- It is recommended to take mummies 0.2-0.3 g in combination with milk or with cow fat and honey (in the ratio 1:20) in the morning on an empty stomach and in the evening before bedtime. The course of treatment is 25-28 days. It is necessary to conduct 2-3 courses with 10-day breaks.
- The root of the althaea medicinal and the herb of thyme creeping is mixed equally. Two tablespoons of the mixture pour a glass of boiling water, insist 30 minutes. Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day after meals with cough, whooping cough, bronchitis, bronchial asthma.
- Leaves of mother-and-stepmother, leaves of plantain and kidneys of a pine to unite all fifty-fifty. Four, teaspoons of the mixture infuse 2 hours in cold water. Then boil in a sealed container for 5 minutes. Strain. Take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day.
- Prepare the infusion of the following herbs: the root of the ara is 50 g, the root of the elecampane is 50 g, the mother-and-stepmother is 100 grams, the rosemary is 100 grams, the three-color violet is 100 grams, the citric seed is 150 g. All the grasses are chopped, mixed. A tablespoon of the collection to brew at night in a thermos 200 ml of boiling water. In the morning strain and take 2 tablespoons 3 times a day before meals and the 4th time at night.
The diet of a patient with bronchial asthma should contain a limited amount of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, that is, the so-called "acid" food, and an unlimited amount of "alkaline" food - fresh fruits, vegetables, sprouted grains and seeds. The patient should avoid eating, provoking the formation of phlegm: rice, sugar, cottage cheese. He should also avoid fried and other poorly digested food, strong tea, coffee, condiments, pickles, sauces and all refined and refined foods. It shows the use of warm alkaline mineral drinks (borzoi, etc.), which contribute to the release of bronchi from sputum.
Traditional means of treatment of bronchial asthma
- Patients are treated with bronchodilators (? -adrenomimetics, M-cholinoblockers, xanthines), anti-asthmatic anti-inflammatory drugs (leukotriene inhibitors, mast cell stabilizers). Stabilizers of mast cell membranes and leukotriene inhibitors refer to basic therapy. These drugs prevent the development of an attack of bronchial asthma, reduce the reactivity of the bronchi, reduce the frequency and duration of seizures.
- In some forms of the disease, glucocorticoids are prescribed, which are also included in the basic therapy of bronchial asthma. These drugs reduce the inflammatory reaction, edema of the bronchial mucosa, suppress the activity of the bronchial glands, and, which is very important in this disease, reduce the reactivity of the bronchi. There are the following types of glucocorticosteroids: inhalation (beclomethasone, fluticasone, etc.) and systemic (prednisolone, dexamethasone, etc.). The advantage of inhalation drugs is that they have a predominantly local anti-inflammatory effect, with little or no systemic side effects. Systemic glucocorticosteroids are prescribed in severe forms of the disease. Enter them intravenously or, more preferably, inside. They should be used only in extreme cases, when any other therapy has not had a positive effect.
- Symptomatic therapy is also used. These are bronchodilators. There are a huge number of them, but they only give a short-term effect in the form of rapid removal of spasm of the bronchi. The frequency of bronchodilator drugs serves as an indicator of the effectiveness of basic therapy, that is, the more often a patient has to use these drugs, the less effective the use of basic therapy, and urgently needs to be adjusted in a hospital setting. Bronchodilators are represented by a wide variety of inhalers, the advantage of which is that they are very easy to use even outside the home. One or two breaths are enough to relieve bronchospasm and prevent the development of an attack of bronchial asthma.
Internationally accepted is considered step-by-step treatment of bronchial asthma. This approach is very convenient in terms of controlling the symptoms of bronchial asthma with a minimum amount of medications. With the aggravation of symptoms, the appearance of new signs, the frequency of medication increases. This is a step up. With adequately selected therapy, the frequency and number of medications are reduced. This indicates the effectiveness of treatment (step down). However, not always exacerbation of the symptoms of the disease is associated with inadequate therapy. Before you go up one level, you need to make sure that you take the medicine correctly to the sick.
- Physiotherapeutic treatment of patients with bronchial asthma can be performed during periods of exacerbation, and during remission. UHF-therapy, inductometry, microwave therapy, ultrasound therapy, electrophoresis, erythema therapy are shown.
- Therapeutic exercise is an obligatory part of the complex treatment of bronchial asthma in patients of any age category. It helps to restore the function of breathing, promotes drainage of the bronchial tree, improves sputum discharge, prevents the development of emphysema, and increases the body's resistance and strengthens the nervous system.
Classes are shown in the interictal period of the disease. Medical gymnastics, walking, games and imitating exercises are used, special attention is paid to respiratory gymnastics. Also useful are chest massage, swimming, walking at bedtime, hardening.