Treatment of hypertension folk remedies
Hypertension is a disease whose main symptom is an increase in blood pressure caused by neuro-functional disorders of vascular tone. Hypertension is equally affected by men and women. The disease usually begins after 40 years. This is a very common pathology. It is called the disease of the autumn of life, although in recent decades, hypertensive illness has become much younger.
Hypertension is one of the causes of disability and mortality of patients with impaired activity of the cardiovascular system.
Causes and risk factors
One of the reasons is prolonged and frequent neuropsychic loads, prolonged stress .
Very often, hypertension occurs in people whose work is associated with constant emotional stress. Often it affects people who have suffered a concussion.
The second reason is hereditary predisposition . Typically, patients in the survey can identify the presence of relatives with the same disease.
One of the important causes of hypertension is hypodynamia.
Age restructuring in the body (in particular, the central nervous system) also affects the appearance and development of symptoms of this disease. The high incidence of hypertension (hypertension) in the elderly is due to vascular changes due to atherosclerosis. There is a definite connection between these diseases. GB contributes to the enhanced development and progression of atherosclerosis. This combination is dangerous because with a strong spasm of blood vessels the flow of blood to the organs (to the brain, heart, kidneys) is insufficient. With excessive spasm and plaque on the walls of blood vessels, blood can stop circulating through the artery. In this case, a stroke or myocardial infarction occurs.
In women, GB often begins during menopause.
Also, excessive consumption of table salt (namely sodium, which is part of this salt), smoking, alcohol abuse, overweight, which increases the load on the cardiovascular system, are also of some importance.
The main links in the occurrence of GB are:
- violation of the processes of excitation and inhibition in the central nervous system;
- hyperproduction of substances that increase blood pressure. One of them is the stress hormone adrenaline. In addition, renal factor is also isolated. The kidneys produce substances capable of raising and lowering pressure. Therefore, when signs of GB appear, the patient needs to check the work of the kidneys;
- contraction and spasm of arteries.
What is blood pressure (systolic and diastolic)
Pressure should be measured at rest - physical and emotional. The upper (systolic) pressure corresponds to the moment of contraction of the heart muscle, and the lower (diastolic) - to the moment of relaxation of the heart. In young healthy people, normal blood pressure indicators are defined as 110/70 - 120/80 mm Hg. Art. But, given the dependence of blood pressure numbers on age, individual characteristics, fitness, you can name the boundaries 125/65 - 80 mm Hg. Art. in men and 110 - 120/60 - 75 mm Hg. Art. among women. With age, blood pressure increases, for middle-aged people, normal numbers are close to 140/90 mm Hg. Art.
How to measure blood pressure
It is measured by a special device - a tonometer , which can be purchased at a pharmacy. Pressure is measured after 5 min rest. It is recommended to measure it three times and consider the final result of the last measurement. The interval between measurements must be at least 3 minutes. Healthy people can measure pressure 1 every few months. Patients with GB need to measure blood pressure at least 1 time per day.
Symptoms of hypertension
Headache is one of the most frequent manifestations of high blood pressure. This symptom is caused by spasm of cerebral vessels. This often causes tinnitus, flickering "flies" before the eyes, blurred vision, weakness, decreased performance, insomnia, dizziness, heaviness in the head, palpitations. These complaints in the early stages of the development of the disease are neurotic in nature.
The main symptom is an increase in blood pressure up to 140 - 160/90 mm Hg. Art. According to modern ideas about hypertension, we can say, if the pressure during the year rose twice to 140/90 mm Hg. Art. or at least once exceeded this mark. Examination of the patient reveals heart murmurs, rhythm disturbances, expansion of the borders of the heart to the left.
In the later stages, heart failure may occur due to overworking of the heart muscle due to increased pressure.
With the progression of the process there is a decrease in visual acuity. During the examination of the fundus of the patient, his pallor, narrowing and tortuosity of the arteries, slight dilation of the veins, and sometimes hemorrhages in the retina of the eye are noted. With the defeat of cerebral vessels under the influence of increased blood pressure, cerebral circulation disorders can occur, leading in some cases to paralysis, impaired sensitivity in the extremities, caused by vasospasm, thrombosis, hemorrhage.
It is necessary to distinguish the complex of symptoms characteristic of GB, but not being signs of GB.
These are the so-called secondary hypertension. They occur as a result of various diseases and are considered as their symptoms. Currently, there are more than 50 diseases that occur with increasing blood pressure. Among them - diseases of the kidneys and thyroid gland.
What is hypertensive crises?
Hypertensive crisis - this is one of the most dangerous manifestations of hypertension. With a sharp increase in pressure, all the above symptoms of GB may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, sweating, decreased vision. Crises can last from a few minutes to several hours.
In this case, patients are usually agitated, weeping, complaining of palpitations. Often on the chest and cheeks appear red spots. Marked increase in pulse rate. The attack may result in copious urination or loose stools.
Such crises are characteristic of the early stages of hypertension, they are more common in women in menopause, after emotional stress, when the weather changes. They often occur at night or in the afternoon.
There are hypertensive crises of another kind. They have a more severe course, but develop gradually. Their duration can reach 4–5 hours. They occur in the later stages of hypertension with a high initial blood pressure. Often crises are accompanied by brain symptoms: impaired speech, confusion, changes in sensitivity in the limbs. In this case, patients complain of severe pain in the heart.
Degrees of hypertension
There are 3 degrees of GB.
- I degree - blood pressure 140 - 159/90 - 99 mm Hg. Art. It may periodically return to normal and rise again.
- Grade II - blood pressure varies between 160 - 179/100 - 109 mm Hg. Art. This degree is characterized by a more frequent increase in pressure, it rarely returns to normal values.
- Grade III - 180 and higher / software mm Hg. Art. and higher. Blood pressure is raised almost all the time, and a decrease in it can be a symptom of a malfunction of the heart.
GB must begin to treat in I degree, otherwise it will certainly reach II and III degrees.
A little bit about how GB flows in patients of different age groups.
The most serious form of hypertension is malignant hypertension. In this case, the diastolic pressure rises above 130 mm Hg. Art. This form is typical for young people 30–40 years old and is not observed in patients older than 50 years. This pathology is developing very quickly, blood pressure can reach 250/140 mm Hg. Art., while very quickly changing blood vessels of the kidneys.
GB in the elderly has its own characteristics of the course. This is the so-called systolic arterial hypertension. Systolic pressure is close to 160–170 mm Hg. Art. In this case, the lower (diastolic) pressure is not changed. There is a large interval between systolic and diastolic pressure. This difference is called pulse pressure and normally is 40 mm Hg. Art. This feature in elderly people causes a number of unpleasant feelings, especially since these patients have a weak cardiovascular system. But some of them do not feel this gap.
In order to establish the correct diagnosis in identifying this disease, it is important to interview the patient in order to identify the hereditary predisposition . Very important are information about the state of the cardiovascular system in close relatives - parents, siblings.
Another important link in the diagnosis is the patient's complaints about repeated rises in blood pressure. To make a correct diagnosis, it is necessary to regularly measure the pressure of the patient.
Under polyclinic conditions, a number of studies are also carried out: electrocardiography (ECG), ocular examination of the fundus, and general blood and urine tests.
Those patients who do not have a sufficient effect from the prescribed treatment, as well as patients with suspected secondary hypertension to exclude diseases of the kidneys, thyroid gland, and tumors are sent to specialized hospitals.
Folk remedies for the treatment of hypertension
Herbal medicine is important in the complex treatment of GB. First of all, it is sedative herbs and fees. They can be used in finished form (extracts, tinctures and tablets).
These are mainly preparations of valerian, motherwort, hawthorn. Among the plants with a calming effect, also include chamomile pharmacy, lemon balm, peppermint, hop cones and many others.
Traditional medicine advises patients with GB to eat honey, chokeberry (200 - 300 g per day), citrus fruits and rosehips in the form of a drink, green tea. All these products reduce high blood pressure and are rich in vitamin C, necessary for a weakened heart muscle.
- A tablespoon of honey dissolved in 1 cup of mineral water, add the juice of half a lemon. Drink on an empty stomach at one time. Duration of treatment is 7–10 days. The tool is used for hypertension, insomnia, increased excitability.
- Pound 2 cups of cranberries with 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar and eat daily at one time one hour before meals. This tool is used in milder forms of hypertension.
- Beet juice - 4 cups, honey - 4 cups, marsh sapling grass - 100 g, vodka - 500 g. Combine all components, mix thoroughly, and insist for 10 days in a tightly closed container in a dark cool place, drain, squeeze. Take 1-2 tablespoons 3 times a day, half an hour before meals. The tool is used in hypertension I – II degree.
- Onion juice helps to reduce blood pressure, so it is recommended to prepare the following remedy: squeeze juice from 3 kg of onion, mix it with 500 g of honey, add 25 g of walnut films and pour 1/2 l of vodka. Insist 10 days. Take 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day.
- St. John's wort (grass) - 100 g, chamomile (flowers) - 100 g, immortelle (flowers) - 100 g, birch (buds) - 100 g. The components are mixed, ground in a coffee grinder and stored in a glass jar with a lid. The daily dose is prepared in the evening: brew 1 tablespoon of the mixture of 0.5 liters of boiling water and leave for 20 minutes. Then filtered through a cloth and squeeze the residue. Half of the infusion with 1 teaspoon of honey is drunk immediately, and the rest is heated in the morning to 30–40 ° C and drunk 20 minutes before breakfast. The treatment is carried out daily until the complete use of the mixture. Applied with heart attack and hypertension.
- 10 g of viburnum fruits are poured with a glass of boiling water, heated under a lid in a water bath for 15 minutes, cooled for 45 minutes, filtered, squeezed and adjusted to 200 ml. Drink 1/3 cup 3-4 times a day. Store infusion no more than 2 days.
- For the normalization of blood pressure, it is necessary to take calendula alcohol tincture (in the ratio 2: 100 in 40-degree alcohol) for 20-40 drops 3 times a day for a long time. At the same time headaches disappear, the dream improves, working capacity and a vitality increases.
- It is very useful to drink a mixture of a glass of beet juice, a glass of carrot, half a glass of cranberry, 250 g of honey and 100 g of vodka. Take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day. You can also prepare the following mixture: 2 cups of beet juice, 250 g of honey, juice of one lemon, 1.5 cups of cranberry juice and 1 cup of vodka. Should take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day for an hour before meals.
- 100 g of seedless raisins mince, pour a glass of cold water, cook for 10 minutes over low heat, strain, cool and squeeze. Drink the entire dose throughout the day.
- Chokeberry juice should be taken 1/3 cup 3 times a day half an hour before meals. The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
- Blackcurrant juice or a decoction of its berries to take 1/4 cup 3-4 times a day.
- Broth viburnum berries take half a cup 3 times a day.
- A mixture of half a glass of beetroot juice, the same amount of lemon juice and 1 cup of linden honey take 1/3 cup 1 hour after a meal.
- Every morning eat 1 glass of cranberries and take 5-10 drops of tincture of hawthorn flowers with water.
- Moisten socks in vinegar essence, diluted with water in a 1: 1 ratio, and put them on overnight, wrapping your legs tightly.
- Collect the components in the following proportions: the grass of the Leonurus five-lobed - 4 parts, the grass of the swamp reed - 3 parts, the fruits of the hawthorn blood-red - 1 part, peppermint leaf - 1/2 parts, the shepherd's grass - 1 part, the fruits of the black chokeberry - 1 part, fruits of garden dill - 1 part, sowing seed flax - 1 part, leaves of wild strawberry - 2 parts. Two or three tablespoons of the mixture (depending on the patient's body weight) pour 2.5 cups of boiling water in a thermos. Infuse for 6–8 hours. The next day, take the whole infusion warm in 3 doses for 20-40 minutes before meals.
- Drink fresh juice of chokeberry fruit (black chokeberry) to 1/2 cup at reception for 2 weeks. You can grind 1 kg of washed and lightly dried fruit with 700 g of granulated sugar. Take 75-100 g 2 times a day.
- A glass of crushed cloves of garlic insist in 0.5 liters of vodka in a dark and warm place. Infusion take 1 tablespoon 3 times daily before meals.
- In equal parts, in 1 liter of boiling water, 1 cup of the motherwort herb, marshmallow lobster, boyar and white mistletoe flowers is drawn, infused and taken 100 ml 3 times a day half an hour before meals.
- Mix the herbs in the following proportions: hawthorn (flowers) - 5 parts, motherwort (grass) - 5 parts, dried woman (grass) - 5 parts, chamomile (flowers) - 2 parts. Two tablespoons of the mixture pour 1 liter of boiling water, insist 20 minutes, strain. Drink 100 ml of infusion 3 times a day.
- Mix herbs in the following proportions: cumin (fruit) - 1 part, valerian (root) - 2 parts, hawthorn (flowers) - 3 parts, mistletoe (grass) - 4 parts. Two tablespoons of the mixture pour 400 ml of boiling water, leave for 2 hours, strain. Drink throughout the day.
- Mix the gruel of lemon or orange with the peel, but without seeds, with granulated sugar to taste. Take a teaspoon 3 times daily before meals.
- Mix herbs in the following proportions: yarrow herb - 3 parts; flowers of hawthorn blood-red, grass of horsetail, grass of mistletoe white, leaves of small periwinkle - 1 part. A tablespoon of collection pour a glass of hot water and insist 3 hours, boil for 5 minutes, cool and strain. Take 1 / 3-1 / 4 cup 3-4 times a day.
- Mix the herbs in the following proportions: the flowers of the hawthorn are blood-red, the grass of mistletoe is equally divided. A teaspoon of the collection pour a glass of boiling water, insist 10 minutes and strain. Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day one hour after meals.
- A tablespoon of the fruits of mountain ash ordinary brew 1 cup boiling water, leave to cool, drain. Drink 0.5 cups 2-3 times a day.
- Collect the ingredients in the following ratios: the grass of the marshs of the marsh, the grass of the Leonurus five-lobed - 2 parts each, the flowers of the hawthorn blood-red, the grass of the horsetail - I part. 20 g of collection pour 200 ml of water, heat in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes, cool for 45 minutes, strain and add boiled water to the original volume. Take 1 / 4– 1/3 cup 3-4 times a day.
- Collect the ingredients in the following ratios: tansy (inflorescence), elecampane (root) - equally. A teaspoon of the mixture pour 2 cups boiling water, boil in a water bath for 1.5 hours, strain. Drink 100 ml 3 times a day for 2 hours before meals.
- 3 large heads of garlic and 3 lemons through a meat grinder, brew 1.25 liters of boiling water, close tightly and leave in a warm place for 24 hours, stirring occasionally, then drain. Drink 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
- For hypertension with atherosclerosis, chop 2 large heads of garlic and pour 250 ml of vodka, leave for 12 days. Take 20 drops 3 times a day 15 minutes before meals. To improve the taste in the tincture, you can add a tincture of mint. The course of treatment is 3 weeks.
- 3 drops of fresh aloe juice diluted in a teaspoon of cold boiled water. Take daily on an empty stomach 1 time a day. The course of treatment is 2 months. The pressure is normalized.
- Grind 250 g of horseradish (washed and cleaned) on a grater, pour 3 liters of cold boiled water, boil for 20 minutes. Drink 100 ml 3 times a day. After several steps, the pressure drops to normal.
- 20 g of crushed bean leaves pour 1 l of water, boil in a water bath for 3-4 hours, cool, strain. Broth to drink 0.5 cups 4-5 times a day.
- 10 g each of the spring adonis flowers, the buckwheat plant flowers, lily roots, crushed valerian roots, 1 cup of vodka.
Ground collection pour 1 glass of vodka. Insist in a dark place in a glass container with a lid for 20 days.
Take 3 times a day for 25 drops to 1 tbsp. l water for 30 minutes before eating.
- 60 g of dry grape wine, 20 drops of fresh yarrow juice, 20 drops of rue juice, 10 g of buckwheat sowing grass.
The ingredients are mixed, insist for 24 hours in a dark glass vessel in a warm place.
Take 1 time a day in the morning, 30-40 minutes before meals.
- 5 g of water willow bark, 1 g of wormwood herb, 15 g of yarrow herb, 10 g of ground flaxseed, 150 ml of boiling water.
1 tbsp. l Collect to fill in the enameled ware, to fill in with boiled water, to cover, leave for 30 min. Strain the infusion obtained, squeeze out the raw material.
Take 2 times a day 30 minutes before meals for a month.
- 10 g of lemon balm leaves, 20 g of corn stigmas, juice of 1 lemon, 0.5 liter of boiling water.
Squeeze the juice from the lemon. Pour the resulting collection in an enamel bowl, pour boiling water. Keep in a water bath for 20 minutes. Insist until cool. Infusion drain, squeeze raw materials. In the resulting infusion add lemon juice.
Take 1/2 cup 3 times a day 30 minutes after meals. Conduct 3 courses for 7 days with a weekly interval.
- 20 g of rue grass, corn stigmas, 10 g of valerian root, peppermint leaves, 1 cup of boiling water.
Mix all ingredients, 2 tbsp. l collection placed in an enamel bowl, pour boiling water. Boil in a water bath for 20 minutes. Insist to cool. Strain, squeeze raw materials.
Take 2 - 3 times a day with meals during the month.
- 30 g of valerian roots, common anise grass, heartwort herb, 20 g of dried sunflower petals, yarrow herb, 1 cup of boiled water.
2 tbsp. l collection placed in an enamel bowl, cover with a lid. Insist on a water bath for 20 minutes. After cooling, strain, squeeze the raw material.
Take 1/3 cup 2 - 3 times a day with meals.
First of all, it is necessary to exclude from food fatty foods and foods rich in cholesterol; eat less sweet as well as fresh bread, replacing it with breadcrumbs or rice. All products that delay the development of atherosclerosis are useful: fruits, cottage cheese, dairy products (especially yogurt and whey), egg white, cabbage, peas, boiled beef, etc., as well as foods rich in vitamin C: radishes, green onions, horseradish, black currants, lemons. This diet reduces the level of toxins in the body. Salt intake should not exceed 3 g, or half a teaspoon per day.
Recent studies have found a link between the presence of calcium and potassium in the body and blood pressure. People who consume large amounts of food with a high content of potassium, have normal pressure, even without controlling salt intake. Calcium and potassium contribute to the removal of excess sodium and control the state of the vascular system. Potassium is found in large amounts in vegetables and fruits, calcium - in cottage cheese.
Traditional treatments for hypertension
The success of therapeutic measures is determined by the normalization of blood pressure numbers in accordance with age, well-being, lack of complications from the treatment.
Therapy of this disease should be comprehensive. When choosing drugs used pressure reducing agents. This is a large group of drugs of various actions. In addition, they use vasodilators and diuretic drugs. Soothing (sedative) drugs play an important role in successful treatment. Doses and duration of medication are selected only by a doctor, individually for each patient!
When prescribing treatment, doctors pay great attention to the systolic and diastolic pressure indices. If there is an increase in systolic pressure, then preference is given to "inhibiting" effects on the heart.
The patient must also observe a regime of rational work and rest, sleep should be sufficient, an afternoon rest is desirable. Physical training is of great importance - physical therapy classes, walking within reasonable limits, not violating the work of the heart. The patient should not experience unpleasant sensations, discomfort behind the sternum, shortness of breath, palpitations.
The recommendations regarding the diet include certain restrictions: a decrease in the use of table salt (not more than 5 g per day), liquids (not more than 1.5 liters per day), and the rejection of alcoholic beverages. Patients who are overweight, it is necessary to reduce the caloric content of food, eat more vegetables and fruits.
Physical factors in the treatment of GB are increasingly used. At the same time, the physiotherapist prescribes calming, relaxing procedures: an electrosleep, electrophoresis of medicinal substances.
Treatment with a low-frequency magnetic field (magnetic therapy) produces a pronounced positive effect due to the ability of this physical factor to lower pressure and relieve pain.
Currently, there are a large number of devices that generate a low-frequency magnetic field. Among them are portable, convenient to use, they can be purchased at pharmacies. The magnetic field at GB is the back of the neck.
In addition, various therapeutic baths are very useful - conifers, carbon dioxide, pearl, hydrogen sulfide, as well as healing showers.
Most patients with early stages of hypertension can be treated at home, with occasional observation by therapists in the clinic in compliance with the recommendations on the organization of the regimen, diet, physical training.