Treatment of hypertension with folk remedies
Hypertension is a disease whose main symptom is an increase in blood pressure due to neuro-functional disorders of vascular tone. Hypertension affects men and women equally. Usually the disease begins after 40 years. This is a very common pathology. It is called the disease of the fall of life, although in recent decades hypertension has become much younger.
Hypertension is one of the causes of disability and mortality in patients with disorders of the cardiovascular system.
Causes and Risk Factors
One of the reasons is prolonged and frequent neuropsychic stress, prolonged stress .
Very often hypertension occurs in people whose work is associated with constant emotional stress. Often it affects people who have suffered a concussion.
The second reason is a hereditary predisposition . Typically, patients with a survey can detect the presence of relatives with the same disease.
One of the important causes of hypertension is physical inactivity.
Age-related changes in the body (in particular, the central nervous system) also affect the appearance and development of the symptoms of this disease. The high incidence of hypertension (hypertension) among the elderly is due to a change in blood vessels due to the addition of atherosclerosis. There is a definite connection between these diseases. GB contributes to the enhanced development and progression of atherosclerosis. This combination is dangerous because with severe spasm of blood vessels, blood flow to organs (to the brain, heart, kidneys) is insufficient. With excessive spasm and the presence of plaques on the walls of blood vessels, blood may stop circulating through the artery. In this case, a stroke or myocardial infarction occurs.
In women, GB often begins during menopause.
Excessive use of sodium chloride (namely sodium, which is part of this salt), smoking, alcohol abuse, overweight, which increases the load on the cardiovascular system, are also of some importance.
The main links in the occurrence of GB are:
- violation of the processes of excitation and inhibition in the central nervous system;
- hyperproduction of substances that increase blood pressure. One of them is the stress hormone adrenaline. In addition, the renal factor is also isolated. The kidneys produce substances that can increase and decrease pressure. Therefore, when signs of GB appear, the patient needs to check the kidneys;
- contraction and spasm of the arteries.
What is blood pressure (systolic and diastolic)
Pressure should be measured at rest - physical and emotional. The upper (systolic) pressure corresponds to the moment of contraction of the heart muscle, and the lower (diastolic ) pressure corresponds to the moment of relaxation of the heart. In young healthy people, normal blood pressure indicators are defined as 110/70 - 120/80 mm Hg. Art. But, taking into account the dependence of blood pressure figures on age, individual characteristics, and fitness, we can call the boundaries 125/65 - 80 mm RT. Art. in men and 110 - 120/60 - 75 mm RT. Art. among women. With age, blood pressure increases, for middle-aged people, normal numbers are close to 140/90 mm Hg. Art.
How to measure blood pressure
It is measured by a special apparatus - a tonometer , which can be bought at a pharmacy. Pressure is measured after 5 minutes of rest. It is recommended to measure it three times and consider the final result of the last measurement. The interval between measurements should be at least 3 minutes. Healthy people can measure blood pressure once every few months. Patients with hypertension need to measure blood pressure at least 1 time per day.
Symptoms of Hypertension
Headache is one of the most common manifestations of high blood pressure. This symptom is caused by cerebrovascular spasm. In this case, tinnitus often occurs, flickering of “flies” in front of the eyes, blurred vision, weakness, decreased performance, insomnia, dizziness, heaviness in the head, palpitations. These complaints in the early stages of the development of the disease are neurotic in nature.
The main symptom is an increase in blood pressure to 140 - 160/90 mm RT. Art. According to modern concepts of hypertension, we can say if the pressure twice during the year rose to 140/90 mm RT. Art. or at least once exceeded this mark. When examining a patient, heart murmurs, rhythm disturbances, expansion of the borders of the heart to the left are revealed.
In the later stages, heart failure can occur due to overwork of the heart muscle due to high blood pressure.
With the progression of the process, a decrease in visual acuity is noted. During the examination of the fundus of the patient, his pallor, narrowing and tortuosity of the arteries, a slight expansion of the veins, and sometimes hemorrhages in the retina are noted. With damage to the vessels of the brain under the influence of an increase in blood pressure, cerebrovascular accidents can occur, leading in some cases to paralysis, impaired sensation in the extremities due to vascular spasm, thrombosis, and hemorrhage.
It is necessary to highlight a complex of symptoms characteristic of GB, but not signs of GB.
These are the so-called secondary hypertension. They arise as a result of various diseases and are considered as their symptoms. Currently, there are more than 50 diseases that occur with an increase in blood pressure. Among them are diseases of the kidneys and thyroid gland.
What are hypertensive crises?
Hypertensive crisis is one of the formidable manifestations of hypertension. With a sharp increase in pressure, all of the above symptoms of GB can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, sweating, decreased vision. Crises can last from a few minutes to several hours.
In this case, patients are usually excited, tearful, complain of a heartbeat. Often red spots appear on the chest and cheeks. Heart rate is noted. The attack may result in profuse urination or loose stools.
Such crises are characteristic of the early stages of hypertension, they are more often observed in women in the menopause, after emotional stress, when the weather changes. They often occur at night or in the afternoon.
There are other types of hypertensive crises. They have a more severe course, but develop gradually. Their duration can reach 4-5 hours. They occur in the later stages of hypertension against the background of high initial blood pressure. Often, crises are accompanied by brain symptoms: impaired speech, confusion, a change in sensitivity in the limbs. At the same time, patients complain of severe pain in the heart.
Degrees of hypertension
Allocate 3 degrees of GB.
- I degree - blood pressure 140 - 159/90 - 99 mm RT. Art. It can periodically return to normal and rise again.
- II degree - blood pressure ranges from 160 - 179/100 - 109 mm RT. Art. This degree is characterized by a more frequent increase in pressure, it rarely returns to normal.
- III degree - 180 and above / PO mm RT. Art. and higher. Blood pressure is increased almost all the time, and its decrease can be a symptom of a malfunction of the heart.
GB must begin to be treated in the I degree, otherwise it will certainly reach the II and III degrees.
A little about how GB proceeds in patients of different age groups.
The most serious form of GB is malignant hypertension. In this case, the diastolic pressure rises above 130 mm Hg. Art. This form is characteristic of young people 30 to 40 years old and is not observed in patients older than 50 years. This pathology develops very quickly, blood pressure can reach the figures of 250/140 mm RT. Art., while very quickly changing the vessels of the kidneys.
GB in the elderly has its own characteristics of the course. This is the so-called systolic hypertension. Systolic pressure is close to 160 - 170 mm RT. Art. In this case, the lower (diastolic) pressure is not changed. There is a large interval between systolic and diastolic pressure. This difference is called pulse pressure and is normally 40 mmHg. Art. This feature in elderly people causes a number of unpleasant sensations, especially since in these patients a weakness of the cardiovascular system is observed. But some of them do not feel this gap.
To establish the correct diagnosis in identifying this disease, the questioning of the patient is of no small importance in order to identify a hereditary predisposition . Very important are information about the state of the cardiovascular system in close relatives - parents, siblings.
Another important link in the diagnosis is the patient's complaints about repeated rises in blood pressure. To make the correct diagnosis, regular measurement of the patient’s pressure is necessary.
A number of studies are also conducted in the clinic: electrocardiography (ECG), ocular fundus examination, general blood and urine tests.
Specialized hospitals are sent to those patients who do not have a sufficient effect of the prescribed treatment, as well as patients with suspected secondary hypertension to exclude diseases of the kidneys, thyroid gland, and tumors.
Folk remedies for the treatment of hypertension
Herbal medicine is of no small importance in the complex of treatment for GB. First of all, these are sedative herbs and fees. They can be used in finished form (extracts, tinctures and tablets).
These are mainly preparations of valerian, motherwort, hawthorn. Plants with a calming effect also include chamomile, medicinal lemon balm, peppermint, hop cones and many others.
Traditional medicine advises patients with GB to eat honey, chokeberry (200-300 g per day), citrus fruits and wild rose in the form of a drink, green tea. All of these products reduce high blood pressure and are rich in vitamin C, a necessary weakened heart muscle.
- Dissolve a tablespoon of honey in 1 cup of mineral water, add the juice of half a lemon. Drink on an empty stomach in one go. The duration of treatment is 7-10 days. The tool is used for hypertension, insomnia, increased irritability.
- Grind 2 cups of cranberries with 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar and eat daily at a time one hour before meals. This remedy is used for mild forms of hypertension.
- Beetroot juice - 4 cups, honey - 4 cups, marsh cinnamon grass - 100 g, vodka - 500 g. Combine all components, mix thoroughly, insist for 10 days in a tightly sealed container in a dark, cool place, strain, squeeze. Take 1-2 tablespoons 3 times a day half an hour before meals. The tool is used for hypertension of the I – II degree.
- Onion juice helps lower blood pressure, therefore it is recommended to prepare the following remedy: squeeze juice from 3 kg of onion, mix it with 500 g of honey, add 25 g of walnut films and pour 1/2 liter of vodka. Insist 10 days. Take 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day.
- St. John's wort (grass) - 100 g, chamomile (flowers) - 100 g, immortelle (flowers) - 100 g, birch (buds) - 100 g. The components are mixed, ground in a coffee grinder and stored in a glass jar with a lid. The daily dose is prepared in the evening: 1 tablespoon of a mixture of 0.5 l of boiling water is brewed and insisted for 20 minutes. Then filter through the canvas and squeeze the residue. Half of the infusion with 1 teaspoon of honey is drunk immediately, and the remainder is heated in the morning to 30–40 ° C and drunk 20 minutes before breakfast. Treatment is carried out daily until the mixture is fully used. Used for heart attack and hypertension.
- 10 g of viburnum fruit is poured with a glass of boiling water, heated under a lid in a water bath for 15 minutes, cooled for 45 minutes, filtered, squeezed and adjusted to 200 ml. Drink 1/3 cup 3-4 times a day. Store the infusion for no more than 2 days.
- To normalize blood pressure, it is necessary to take alcohol tincture of calendula (in a ratio of 2: 100 in 40-degree alcohol) for 20-40 drops 3 times a day. At the same time, headaches disappear, sleep improves, performance and vitality increase.
- It is very useful to drink a mixture of a glass of beetroot juice, a glass of carrot, half a glass of cranberry, 250 g of honey and 100 g of vodka. Take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day. You can still prepare the following mixture: 2 cups of beetroot juice, 250 g of honey, juice of one lemon, 1.5 cups of cranberry juice and 1 cup of vodka. It should be taken 1 tablespoon 3 times a day an hour before meals.
- Paste 100 g of raisins without seeds through a meat grinder, pour a glass of cold water, cook for 10 minutes over low heat, strain, cool and squeeze. Drink the entire dose throughout the day.
- Chokeberry juice taken half an hour before meals, 1/3 cup 3 times a day. The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
- Blackcurrant juice or a decoction of its berries should be taken 1/4 cup 3-4 times a day.
- A decoction of viburnum berries to take half a cup 3 times a day.
- A mixture of half a glass of beet juice, the same amount of lemon juice and 1 cup of linden honey should be taken in 1/3 cup 1 hour after a meal.
- Eat 1 glass of cranberries every morning and take 5-10 drops of tincture of hawthorn flowers with water.
- Moisten socks in vinegar essence diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1, and put them on overnight, tightly wrapping your legs.
- To collect the components in the following proportions: five-lobed motherwort grass - 4 parts, marsh cinnamon grass - 3 parts, blood-red hawthorn fruits - 1 part, peppermint leaf - 1/2 part, shepherd’s bag grass - 1 part, chokeberry fruit - 1 part, fruits of garden dill - 1 part, sowing flax seed - 1 part, leaf of wild strawberry - 2 parts. Two or three tablespoons of the mixture (depending on the patient’s body weight) pour 2.5 cups of boiling water in a thermos. Insist for 6-8 hours. The next day, take the whole infusion warm in 3 divided doses 20-40 minutes before meals.
- Drink fresh juice of chokeberry fruits (chokeberry) 1/2 cup per reception for 2 weeks. You can grind 1 kg of washed and slightly dried fruits with 700 g of granulated sugar. Take 75-100 g 2 times a day.
- A glass of chopped garlic cloves is infused in 0.5 liters of vodka in a dark and warm place. The infusion is taken 1 tablespoon 3 times a day before meals.
- In equal parts, in 1 liter of boiling water, 1 cup of collecting motherwort herb, marsh cinnamon, flowers of hawthorn and white mistletoe is brewed, infused and taken 100 ml 3 times a day half an hour before meals.
- Mix herbs in the following proportions: hawthorn (flowers) - 5 parts, motherwort (grass) - 5 parts, cinnamon (grass) - 5 parts, chamomile (flowers) - 2 parts. Two tablespoons of the mixture pour 1 liter of boiling water, leave for 20 minutes, strain. Drink 100 ml of infusion 3 times a day.
- Mix herbs in the following proportions: cumin (fruits) - 1 part, valerian (root) - 2 parts, hawthorn (flowers) - 3 parts, white mistletoe (grass) - 4 parts. Two tablespoons of the mixture pour 400 ml of boiling water, leave for 2 hours, strain. Have a drink during the day.
- Mix the gruel of lemon or orange with the peel, but without the seeds, with granulated sugar to taste. Take a teaspoon 3 times daily before meals.
- Mix herbs in the following proportions: yarrow herb - 3 parts; flowers of hawthorn blood red, horsetail grass, white mistletoe grass, leaves of small periwinkle - 1 part each. Pour a tablespoon of the collection with a glass of hot water and insist 3 hours, boil for 5 minutes, cool and strain. Take 1 / 3-1 / 4 cup 3-4 times a day.
- Mix the herbs in the following proportions: bloody red hawthorn flowers, white mistletoe grass - equally. Pour a teaspoon of the collection with a glass of boiling water, leave for 10 minutes and strain. Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day, one hour after eating.
- A tablespoon of the fruits of mountain ash ordinary brew 1 cup boiling water, leave to cool, strain. Drink 0.5 cups 2-3 times a day.
- To collect the ingredients in the following ratios: marsh cilantro grass, five-lobed motherwort grass - 2 parts each, blood red hawthorn flowers, field horsetail grass - I parts. 20 g of the collection pour 200 ml of water, heat in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes, cool for 45 minutes, strain and add boiled water to its original volume. Take 1/4 to 1/3 cup 3-4 times a day.
- Collect the ingredients in the following proportions: tansy (inflorescences), elecampane high (root) - equally. Pour a teaspoon of the mixture with 2 cups of boiling water, boil in a water bath for 1.5 hours, strain. Drink 100 ml 3 times a day 2 hours before meals.
- Pass 3 large heads of garlic and 3 lemons through a meat grinder, brew 1.25 liters of boiling water, close tightly and insist in a warm place for a day, stirring occasionally, then strain. Drink 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
- With hypertension with atherosclerosis 2, chop large heads of garlic and pour 250 ml of vodka, infuse for 12 days. Take 20 drops 3 times a day 15 minutes before meals. To improve the taste, you can add mint infusion to the tincture. The course of treatment is 3 weeks.
- Dilute 3 drops of fresh aloe juice in a teaspoon of cold boiled water. Take daily on an empty stomach 1 time per day. The course of treatment is 2 months. The pressure is normal.
- Grind 250 g of horseradish (washed and peeled) on a grater, pour 3 l of cold boiled water, boil for 20 minutes. Drink 100 ml 3 times a day. After several receptions, the pressure drops to normal.
- 20 g of chopped bean leaves, pour 1 liter of water, boil in a water bath for 3-4 hours, cool, strain. Broth drink 0.5 cups 4-5 times a day.
- 10 g each of spring adonis flowers, sowing buckwheat flowers, lily of the valley roots, shredded valerian roots, 1 glass of vodka.
Pour the crushed collection with 1 glass of vodka. Insist in a dark place in a glass bowl with a lid for 20 days.
Take 3 times a day, 25 drops per 1 tbsp. l water 30 minutes before meals.
- 60 g of dry grape wine, 20 drops of fresh yarrow juice, 20 drops of ruta juice, 10 g of sowing buckwheat grass.
Mix the ingredients, insist for a day in a dark glass vessel in a warm place.
Take once a day in the morning, 30-40 minutes before meals.
- 5 g of water willow bark, 1 g of bitter wormwood grass, 15 g of yarrow grass, 10 g of ground flaxseed, 150 ml of boiling water.
1 tbsp. l collection to fill in enameled dishes, pour boiling water, cover, leave for 30 minutes. Strain the resulting infusion, squeeze the raw materials.
Take 2 times a day 30 minutes before meals for a month.
- 10 g of lemon balm leaves, 20 g of corn stigmas, juice of 1 lemon, 0.5 l of boiling water.
Squeeze the juice from the lemon. Pour the collection into enameled dishes, pour boiling water. Keep in a water bath for 20 minutes. Insist until cool. Drain the infusion, squeeze the raw materials. Add lemon juice to the resulting infusion.
Take 1/2 cup 3 times a day 30 minutes after eating. Conduct 3 courses of 7 days with a weekly interval.
- 20 g of grass rue, corn stigmas, 10 g of valerian root, peppermint leaves, 1 cup of boiling water.
Mix all the ingredients, 2 tbsp. l collection put in an enameled dish, pour boiling water. Boil in a water bath for 20 minutes. Insist until cool. Strain, squeeze out the raw materials.
Take 2 to 3 times a day with meals for a month.
- 30 g of valerian roots, common anise grass, heartwort grass, 20 g of dried sunflower petals, yarrow herb, 1 cup of boiled water.
2 tbsp. l collection place in enameled dishes, cover. Insist on a water bath for 20 minutes. After cooling, strain, squeeze the raw materials.
Take 1/3 cup 2 to 3 times a day with meals.
First of all, it is necessary to exclude fatty foods and foods rich in cholesterol from food; eat less sweet as well as fresh bread, replacing it with breadcrumbs or rice. All products that delay the development of atherosclerosis are useful: fruits, cottage cheese, dairy products (especially yogurt and whey), egg white, cabbage, peas, boiled beef, etc., as well as foods rich in vitamin C: radish, green onions, horseradish, black currants, lemons. This diet reduces the level of toxins in the body. Salt intake should not exceed 3 g, or half a teaspoon per day.
Recent studies have found a link between the presence of calcium and potassium in the body and blood pressure. People who consume large amounts of foods high in potassium have normal pressure, without even controlling salt intake. Calcium and potassium help eliminate excess sodium and control the state of the vascular system. Potassium is found in large quantities in vegetables and fruits, calcium - in cottage cheese.
Traditional treatments for hypertension
The success of treatment measures is determined by the normalization of blood pressure figures in accordance with age, well-being, and the absence of complications from treatment.
Therapy for this disease should be comprehensive. When choosing drugs, drugs that reduce blood pressure are used. This is a large group of drugs with various effects. In addition to them, vasodilating and diuretic drugs are used. An important role in successful treatment is played by sedatives. Doses and duration of medication are selected only by a doctor, individually for each patient!
When prescribing treatment, doctors pay great attention to indicators of systolic and diastolic pressure. If there is an increase in systolic pressure, then preference is given to "inhibitory" effects on the heart.
The patient must also comply with the rational work and rest regimen; sleep should be sufficient; afternoon rest is desirable. Of great importance are physical training - physical therapy, walking within reasonable limits that do not interfere with the work of the heart. At the same time, the patient should not experience discomfort, discomfort behind the sternum, shortness of breath, palpitations.
The recommendations regarding the diet include certain restrictions: reducing the use of salt (not more than 5 g per day), liquids (not more than 1.5 liters per day), refusal of alcoholic beverages. Patients who are overweight need to reduce the calorie content of food, eat more vegetables and fruits.
Physical factors in the treatment of GB are increasingly used. In this case, the physiotherapist prescribes soothing, relaxing procedures: electrosleep, electrophoresis of drugs.
Treatment with a low-frequency magnetic field (magnetotherapy) produces a pronounced positive effect, due to the ability of this physical factor to lower pressure and relieve pain.
Currently, there are a large number of devices that generate a magnetic field of low frequency. Among them are portable, easy to use, they can be purchased at pharmacies. The area of magnetic field exposure in GB is the back surface of the neck.
In addition, various therapeutic baths are very useful - coniferous, carbonic, pearl, hydrogen sulfide, as well as healing showers.
Most patients with the initial stages of hypertension can be treated at home, with periodic monitoring by physicians in the clinic, following the recommendations on the organization of the regimen, diet, and physical training.