Hernia treatment with folk remedies
A hernia is a disease in which the internal organs bulge the internal organs from the cavity in which they are located, through defects in the wall of this cavity. In this case, the protrusion of the internal organs occurs without violating the integrity of the lining wall of the cavity of the membrane (peritoneum, pleura, etc.). The most common hernias are umbilical, inguinal, femoral, hernias of the white (median) line of the abdomen in men, hernias on postoperative scars.
All the causes of the appearance of a hernia can be divided into local and general. Local causes are structural weaknesses in those parts of the body through which the hernial sac is protruded (inguinal region, umbilical ring, etc.). Common causes are physical labor (most often weight lifting), constant straining (for example, with constipation), sometimes a weak muscle development, etc. can become a common cause.
During pregnancy, intrauterine pressure increases, the abdominal wall weakens and becomes thinner, this increases the likelihood of a hernia. Various damage to the wall cavity as a result of injuries can also contribute to the appearance of a hernia, they create so-called “weak spots” in it, followed by bulging of the insides through these walls. Of great importance are congenital hernias, which arise due to intrauterine developmental defects, for example, due to a non-overgrowing umbilical ring.
A sign of the development of a hernia is the appearance of a protrusion, which intensifies with tension and disappears in the supine position ( adjustable hernia ). Pain (pulling pains) can be felt during work and in a standing position, but disappear when lying down. If the hernia is not treated, the protrusion increases with time and ceases to be fixed even when lying down ( irreducible hernia ).
The most serious and dangerous complication is an infringement of the hernia , which can lead to death if surgery is not done on time. Muscle tension contributes to the formation of impairment. The main signs of infringement are that there are pains in the area of the hernial sac, the hernia that was being adjusted before it ceases to be adjusted, pain is felt when it is felt, nausea and vomiting; then intoxication builds up (pulse quickens, general weakness appears, etc.), there is no stool and gas exhaustion; the stomach swells.
Means and recipes against hernia
In case of sudden infringement, it is necessary to urgently call a doctor, and before he arrives, do the following:
- Put the patient in a warm bath and already in the bath try to set the protruded hernia into the abdominal cavity. If this is not possible, it is necessary to put the patient in bed so that he bends his legs under himself, and lay there until the doctor arrived.
- With pain, you can put ice on the hernia, and with nausea, swallow a small piece of ice.
- If the doctor is delayed, you can put the patient an enema of warm water; it will calm him somewhat.
Important: The patient should not be given any laxatives!
A few recommendations to prevent hernia enlargement
While the hernia on the abdomen is insignificant, it is useful to wash the lower abdomen daily with cold water and vinegar and put compresses from the infusion of oak bark on the hernia for 20-30 minutes to prevent its increase. In addition, you must definitely wear a special bandage.
In children, the umbilical hernia is repaired and then a sticky patch is applied, and a circular bandage is placed on top of the patch. After two weeks, the hernia should not come out. And if it still comes out, you need to repeat the application of the adhesive patch.
Folk remedies to reduce and completely cure hernia
- Steamed hernia grass is applied in the form of poultices.
- For 500 ml of water, take 3 teaspoons of narrow-cornflower cornflower flowers. Drink 2 cups. The same tool helps if you sit on it.
- 20 g field liveliness is poured with 1 glass of water, boiled for 10 minutes. over low heat, then filter and add boiled water to the original volume. Take 1 teaspoon 3 times a day before meals with a hernia.
- Brittle buckthorn berries are used to treat hernia.
- A tablespoon of smooth gooseberry grass pour two cups of water, leave for 30 minutes. Take half a glass 3-4 times a day.
- For medicinal purposes, use horsetail flower baskets, which are collected at the beginning of flowering, dried in the open and in a dark place.
Tip. Undoubtedly, the best way to prevent a hernia is through systematic physical exercises that strengthen the muscles of the abdominal wall and harden the body. During pregnancy, the correct regimen is of particular importance, wearing a bandage, physical education, and after birth, a massage of the abdomen. Sharp obesity and weight loss should be avoided.