101 things that can save a marriage + "Men from Mars, women from Venus"
“Men from Mars, Women from Venus” is one of the greatest bestsellers of our time. This is a book that has changed for the better the fate of a great many people.
Most problems in relations between men and women arise because we are really different. And not just different people - we are from different planets. Our approach to most issues is so different that a real common understanding requires a special common language.
And this book will help everyone find this language and learn it. And when we learn it, most of the reasons for being unhappy in love, in the family, in business relationships will disappear.
The book is intended for all men and women over 16 years old.
1. The first thing you should do when you return home is to hug your wife.
2. Ask her about the past day. Your questions should show that you are aware of her plans. (For example: "Have you been to the doctor? And what did he say?")
3. Learn to listen and ask questions.
4. Suppress the temptation to solve her problems, express her sympathy instead.
5. Within twenty minutes, concentrate all your attention on the wife. In this case, do not read the newspaper and do not do anything that could distract you.
6. Bring flowers to your wife, both on the occasion of the celebration, and for no specific reason. Let it be a pleasant surprise for her.
7. Do not wait for Friday to ask your wife how she would like to spend the weekend; plan everything in advance.
8. If the wife needs to prepare dinner, and she is tired or very busy, offer to help her.
9. Give your wife compliments.
10. Respect her feelings when she is angry or upset.
11. Offer your help when your wife feels tired.
12. When traveling, plan extra time so your wife doesn’t have to rush.
13. If you are late, call home and warn her.
14. If the wife asks for help, agree or refuse, if it is not possible, but do not blame her for contacting you.
15. If the wife’s feelings are hurt, express her sympathy to her: “I am very sorry that you are so worried.” And don't say anything else. Give her the opportunity to appreciate your attention. Do not offer advice, do not try to prove that her experiences are not your fault.
16. If you need to be alone, tell your wife that you need time to think about some issues.
17. When you recover, explain the reason for your concern. Speak convincingly and balanced so that she does not imagine the worst.
18. In winter, offer to light a fire.
19. When the wife is talking to you, set the magazine aside or turn off the TV to listen to your wife without being distracted.
20. If your wife usually does the dishes, occasionally offer her your services, especially if she is tired.
21. Notice when the wife is upset or tired. Ask what she needs to do. Then do some of the pending wife chores.
22. When leaving home, ask if you need to go to the store. Do not forget what you were asked to do.
23. Warn your wife if you intend to go somewhere or intend to take a nap.
24. Hug your wife four times a day.
25. Call your wife from the service to find out how she is doing, or to share news, and sometimes just to say: "I love you."
26. Tell your wife: “I love you” at least twice a day.
27. Make a bed and clean the bedroom.
28. If the wife erases your socks, turn them out beforehand so that she does not have to do this.
29. Keep an eye on the trash can and take out the trash as needed.
30. If you must leave, call upon arrival at the place and leave a phone number where you can be found. At the same time, you can tell your wife that you got safely.
31. Wash your wife’s car.
32. Before you go anywhere together, wash your car and restore order in the cabin.
33. Before having sex, take a shower and refresh yourself with cologne, if she likes it.
34. If someone has taken his wife out of peace of mind, take her side.
35. Offer to give her a back, neck, leg massage or general massage.
36. Do not forget about affectionate not related to sex.
37. Be patient when your wife shares her experiences with you. Do not look at the clock.
38. If you are watching TV together, do not constantly switch channels.
39. Show attention to your wife in public.
40. Holding your wife’s hand, make sure that your hand does not become lethargic.
41. Find out what drinks she likes, so that on occasion she can offer what she likes.
42. Advise a particular restaurant where you are going to go together, do not shift the burden of choice on it.
43. Order a subscription to the theater, philharmonic, opera, ballet or other places where she likes to be.
44. Find a reason that you could dress smartly.
45. Treat with understanding if the wife is delayed or decides to change the toilet.
46. When you are in society with your wife, give her more attention than others.
47. Give preference to the wife before children. Let the children see that your attention is primarily given to their mother.
48. Give your wife small gifts: sweets or perfumes.
49. Buy clothes for her. (Have a photo of your wife and her size with you, in the store they will help you pick up the necessary things.)
50. Take pictures of your wife on special days.
51. Take short romantic walks.
52. Let the wife know that you carry her photo in your wallet. Change the photo from time to time.
53. If you stayed with your wife at the hotel, order something special in your room: a bottle of champagne or flowers.
54. For special occasions, such as anniversaries or birthdays, write your wife a letter or a postcard.
55. If you have a long trip, offer to drive.
56. Drive carefully; do not exceed speed. Take into account the wishes of the wife.
57. Pay attention to how your wife looks, and do not forget to speak out about it. Notice: “You look great today” or “You look tired”, and then ask: “How did your day go?”
58. If you are planning to go somewhere by car, study the route well so that your wife does not have to show you the way.
59. Attend dance evenings or take dancing lessons with your wife.
60. Write a love message to your wife or dedicate a poem to her to pleasantly surprise her.
61. Show her the same signs of attention and try to behave with her the same way as at the beginning of your acquaintance.
62. Offer something to fix in the house. Ask: “Is there anything to be repaired? I have free time". Do not grasp what you cannot do.
63. Offer to sharpen kitchen knives.
64. Buy a special composition to glue broken objects.
65. Suggest replacing blown bulbs.
66. Read aloud newspaper excerpts that might interest your wife, or make clippings.
67. If you got a call and asked to give any information to your wife, write down everything carefully.
68. Help find use for old things.
69. Keep the bathroom floor clean and dry after taking a shower.
70. Open the door to your wife.
71. Offer help to reschedule purchases.
72. Help her carry heavy boxes.
73. When traveling, take care of your luggage.
74. If the wife washes the dishes, offer to clean the pots or perform other laborious work.
75. Write down what needs to be fixed (repaired) in the house, and hang up the list in the kitchen. Refer to this list when you have the time. Do not overtighten.
76. When the wife is cooking, appreciate her culinary art.
77. When the wife is talking to you, look at her.
78. When talking with your wife, touch her with your hand.
79. Ask your wife about the past day, show interest in her friends, books that she reads.
80. Listening to your wife, confirm your interest by saying: “yeah”, “yep”, “oh,” “um.”
81. Ask how your wife feels, what mood she is in.
82. If she was unwell for a while, ask how she feels or how she is doing.
83. If she is tired, make tea for her.
84. Try to go to bed at the same time with her.
85. When leaving, kiss your wife.
86. Laugh when she jokes.
87. Thank her when she does something for you.
88. If the wife did the hairstyle, give her a compliment.
89. Take time to be with her alone.
90. Do not answer phone calls in intimate minutes or when she shares her feelings with you.
91. Take a joint bike ride, even if only brief.
92. Have a picnic and prepare everything for this. (Remember to grab the tablecloth.)
93. If she does laundry, offer help or take things away.
94. Walk together with his wife, without children, for walks.
95. Discuss this or that issue, try in your own way to show that you want to take into account her interests and at the same time want to get what you need. Be compliant, but don’t make a victim of yourself.
96. Show your wife that you were bored while you were away.
97. Buy your wife’s favorite cakes or pies.
98. If the wife usually buys food, offer to do it instead.
99. When you celebrate an event, do not overeat, so as not to feel lethargic.
100. Let your wife get acquainted with this list, and let her supplement it if she wishes.
101. Lower the seat in the bathroom.