yarrow - achillea millefolium
Family Asters (Asteraceae).
Botanical characteristic. Perennial herbaceous plant with an upright stalk up to 40-60 cm tall, branched on top, woody near the base. Leaves lanceolate, double-pinnate, with numerous distantly placed segments. Flowers are collected in baskets that form a corymbose inflorescence. Marginal flowers reed, uterine white or pinkish, median - tubular, bisexual. It blooms in June - September. The fruit is an achene.
Spread. Grows throughout Russia in wastelands, along roads, in crops, forests, in clearings. All parts of the plant contain an essential oil rich in chamazulene, cineole, alcohol, caryophyllin, sugenol, furfural, filoquinol, volatile, ascorbic acid, azulene. In addition, tannins, inulin, resinous substances, aspargin, organic acids (acetic, formic, isovalerianic), elements of hydrogen cyanide compounds, flavonoids, copper, vitamins K, A, PP were found in the yarrow.
Used parts of the plant. The composition of the yarrow determines the versatility of its effects on the human body.
For medical purposes, grass and flowers are collected from the beginning to the middle of the flowering period. Cut off the top 15 cm, and on the bottom of the plant leaves are torn off. It is dried in the shade or in the dryers, and then the raw materials are crushed or granulated. The plant is harvested and dispensed by pharmacies.
In folk and official medicine, the yarrow is known as a plant that stimulates the body's immunity, enhances its resistance to adverse environmental factors, and also as a hemostatic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, sedative, diaphoretic, vasodilator, diuretic, appetizing, antiallergic, antiallergic, choleretic, bactericidal agent.
The plant is used more often in fees, less often - independently .
Yarrow tincture is drunk in case of gallstone disease, acute bronchitis, hemorrhoids, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, cough, asthma.
Infusion and tea of flowers help with bloating, poor digestion, belching.
Yarrow juice dilates blood vessels and is recommended for older people with atherosclerosis, kidney diseases, and externally it is used for boils, acne , wounds, ulcers, bedsores, skin cracks, allergies, eczema, scabies, pustular skin lesions, and diabetic periodontal disease.
- A decoction of grass yarrow: 1 tbsp. l dry crushed raw material is poured with 1 glass of water and brought to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, insist 30 minutes, filter. Take 0.5 cups 3 times a day after meals with liver diseases, obesity, diabetes, hypertension, acute bronchitis.
- Infusion of yarrow herb: 1 tbsp. l dry crushed raw materials pour 1 cup boiling water and insist 30 minutes, filter. Take warm in 0.5 cup 3 times a day before meals with headache, dizziness, insomnia, hysteria, urinary incontinence, small lactation.
- Juice from the leaves of yarrow: Fresh leaves are thoroughly washed and allowed to drain water. Leaves are passed through a meat grinder, squeeze juice. Take 1 tsp. 3 times a day with honey or used for lotions and irrigation for skin lesions, for rinsing with periodontal disease.
- Tincture of yarrow herb: 2 tbsp. l 150 ml of vodka is poured over dry ground herbs and flowers and insisted at room temperature in a dark place for 1 week, filtered. Take 20 drops 3 times a day before meals with impotence, angina pectoris, intestinal cramps, bouts of gallstone disease.
- Yarrow leaf powder: The leaves are washed thoroughly, allowed to drain, and then dried. Grind in a mixer to obtain a fine powder. Use as a powder on wounds, bedsores, purulent ulcers.
- Infusion of common yarrow (for baths): 200 g of dry chopped raw materials are poured with 3 liters of boiling water and insisted for 3 hours, filtered in water and taken a bath for the night. After the bath, the body gets wet with a warm sheet. On the course - 12 - 15 baths. The same infusion is used for irrigation, lotions on the skin with pustules, eczematous areas.
Contraindications Pregnancy. Drugs from the plant should not be taken with thrombosis. Long-term use of yarrow in large doses can lead to dizziness, skin rashes.
Homeopathy. In homeopathy, Millefolium 1x, 2x, 3x, 3 is used for the treatment and prevention of bleeding, as well as for bruising, wounds, ulcers and hemorrhoids. Useful for diseases of the urinary tract: chronic pyelonephritis, cystitis and urolithiasis, accompanied by hematuria.