lactaceous speck (underseeding) - cacalia hastata l.
Family Asteraceae (Asteraceae) - Compositae
Botanical characteristics. Perennial herbaceous plant. Rhizome powerful. Stalk straight up to 1.5 m tall. Leaves petiolate, broadly shaped with triangular dentate lobes; the upper ones are broadly lanceolate and short-petiolate. The flowers are large, bisexual, yellowish-white, collected in baskets on the tops of the stems, forming a paniculate inflorescence. Seeds with long batches. It flowers in June - August, bears fruit in August - September.
Spread. It grows in sparse coniferous and small-leaved forests, in forest and riverine meadows, in mountains, in river valleys.
Used plant parts. Medicinal raw materials are the roots, leaves, flowers, seeds. The aerial part is harvested during flowering. The roots are dug in the fall, washed off the ground, crushed and dried, previously wilted, at a temperature not higher than 50 ° C.
Chemical composition. The plant contains sesquiterpenoids: cacalonol, maturinol and their derivatives; alkaloids: hasastin; tannins, vitamins, flavonoids; roots - inulin, microelements.
Application. In folk medicine, the plant is widely used to treat arthritis, radiculitis, colds, in the treatment of purulent wounds, as a laxative . In Tibetan medicine, the above-ground part of the plant is used as a hemostatic agent; in Mongolian - with liver diseases, as a wound healing. Fresh leaves in the form of gruel is applied to ulcers, boils, bruises. Fresh juice is used for gastric and duodenal ulcers and as a choleretic. It has been established that hastacin has an antispasmodic effect, superior in activity to platifillin.
In the experiment, cocaine lances form accelerate wound healing, have anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic action. The ethereal extract exhibits antibacterial activity. Fresh juice has a procystocidal effect.
In hot weather, flower baskets emit white substance "gum" sweet taste, which is used as a treat, strengthening the gums.
- For infusion take 30 g of leaves and flowers, pour 200 ml of boiling water. Insist on a boiling bath for 15 minutes, cool 45 minutes, filter. Take 1/3 cup 2-3 times daily before meals.
- For broth, 20 g of raw material is poured 200 ml of boiling water, insisted on a boiling water bath for 30 minutes, cooled for 10 minutes, filtered. Take 1/3 cup 2-3 times a day.
- The tincture of the roots is prepared on 70% alcohol at the rate of 1: 5. Insist 7-10 days, filter. Accept on 30-40 drops on reception 2-3 times a day irrespective of meal.
- Fresh sap plants take 1 teaspoon with a small amount of water 3 times a day before meals.
- Young stems and leaves are added to the salad and other dishes.