lovage medicinal - levisticum officinalis koch.
Family Umbrella (Umbelliferae).
Botanical characteristics. The stem is round, tubular, branched at the top, 100–250 cm tall, the leaves are shiny, pinnate or double-perissected, with large obovate or rounded orbestomatic, with notched-toothed segments on top. The flowers are bisexual, regular, small, light yellow, five-petalled, gathered at the top in complex umbrellas, surrounded at the base by multi-leaf wrappers. The fruit is a yellow-brown dvusemyanka. It blooms in June - July. The fruits ripen in September.
Spread. The plant is found in the wild in the mountainous regions of southern Europe. In Belarus they are propagated in front gardens, in vegetable gardens as an ornamental, spicy and medicinal plant. It is known to the population for a long time, enjoys the legendary glory of a plant capable of bewitching a loved one.
Used plant parts. For the manufacture of medicines using the roots, grass, seeds of plants. The roots are harvested in early spring or autumn, the grass - in the period of flowering lovage, the seeds - in the period of full maturity. Raw materials are dried in a dryer or under a shade in the shade. Stored for two years.
The plant is used only in traditional medicine. In some countries it is included in the pharmacopoeia and is used as a component of diuretic fees.
Chemical composition. The roots of the plant contain furocoumarins (psoralen, bergapten), resins, gum, lecithin (0.9%), starch, malic and angelic acids, tannins and mineral salts. The leaves contain ascorbic acid, an essential oil (0.5 - 1%), which includes cineol, D, alpha-tirpeniol, carvacrol, sexweeter, ligustilide, acetic, isovaleric, butyric and benzoic acids.
Contraindications. Using lovage is contraindicated in pregnancy and kidney disease.
Indications for use are diverse. The plant is used in folk medicine as a diuretic, expectorant, sedative, painkiller, tonic heart activity, which activates sexual function with impotence, improves the flow of the menstrual cycle in women means. Infusion and decoction of the roots is used in gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer, with flatulence, constipation, inflammatory diseases of the liver, bile ducts, cholecystitis, chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, diseases of the nervous system.
Lovage root is eaten fresh with edema of cardiac origin, cystitis, gout, rheumatism, diabetic arthritis. If a child does not sleep well, is annoyed, weeping, people use herbal infusion baths.
A decoction of the roots of the grass and the juice of fresh lovage is used for skin diseases, allergic dermatoses, eczema, psoriasis. Gadgets do with purulent wounds, rinses - with diabetic periodontal disease. Powder from freshly dried leaves of lovage is used for festering wounds, ulcers, bedsores simultaneously with the use of infusion inside.
He mentions the healing power of the plant in his treatise, Odo of Mena: “The roots have more power in her ...
If you chew or drink it, then colic quickly heals it, or if you cook the broth from the root and drink ... ” .
Decoction of lovage root well strengthens the hair roots. The healing baths are taken from it in case of skin diseases.
For a long time lovage medicinal is used as a spice, it is added to soups, salads, sauces, with pickling cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Broth root lovage medicinal : 1 tsp. chopped dry root pour a glass of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes, insist. Filter out, take 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day with anemia and weakening of potency.
- Powder from the lovage root of the medicinal : Peel the skin off the root, then dry it in a dryer or oven at a temperature of 45 - 50 ° C. Grind dry root into powder. Use 1/2 tsp. 3 times a day before meals with impotence in a patient with diabetes mellitus or with the loss of the menstrual cycle in women with diabetes during menopause.
- Infusion of herb lovage : 1 tbsp. l raw materials pour a glass of boiling water, insist 30 minutes in a warm place. Before use, filter, take 1 - 2 tbsp. l 3 times a day before meals for peptic ulcer, gastritis.
- Decoction of lovage grass, bean leaves and grass of horsetail : Prepare a mixture of equal parts of herbs for broth. 1 tbsp. l the mixture is poured with a glass of water, boiled for 5 minutes, insist 30 minutes. Strain, drink a third of a glass 3 times a day before meals for diabetes.
- Infusion of lovage root medicinal : 1 tbsp. l 1 liter of boiling water is poured over the dry crushed lovage root, insisting 2 hours. It is used for washing the head or for bathing the baby.
- Juice from the leaves of lovage : Fresh leaves knead, squeeze out the juice or pound into a pulp. A bandage moistened with juice, or with a pad of gruel is applied to the temporal region of the head with severe headaches.
Use in nutrition
Fresh lovage leaves and vegetables (potatoes, carrots, parsley root, beets, onions) are passed through a meat grinder until smooth. Filled with vegetable oil, knead, served to the table, sprinkled with dill.
- Lovage - 50 g,
- potatoes - 60 g,
- carrots - 20 g,
- beets - 30 g,
- onion - 40 g,
- dill - 10 g,
- vegetable oil - 15 - 20 g,
- salt and spices to taste.
Seasoning from the roots of lovage
The roots are dried, crushed into powder. Store in a glass container with the lid closed. Used as a seasoning for the first, second meat and fish dishes, in salads.
Dressing from the leaves of lovage medicinal
Fresh leaves of the plant are twisted in a meat grinder, salted in banks: for 1 kg of leaves 250 g of salt. Store in a cool place. Used as an aromatic dressing in the first courses.
Dry seasoning from the leaves of lovage medicinal and celery
Dried leaves of lovage and celery fragrant grind into powder and equal amounts of it mixed. Store in a glass container under the lid. Apply as an aromatic additive in the first courses, when stewing meat, fish, put in sauces and mushrooms.