Toothache, Causes of toothache, Treatment of toothache, Folk remedies for the treatment of toothache
Dear visitors !!!! We know that you are not reading this page in a very good mood, and it looks like a toothache ...
Therefore, we will try to give you some useful tips - how to behave when a tooth pain occurs.
Toothache and tooth decay accompanying this process usually begin with damage to the enamel caused by tooth decay.
The causes of toothache are inflammatory processes following caries in the soft tissue of the tooth and periosteum (flux) with the possible formation of ulcers. Tooth decay often occurs as a result of malnutrition - excessive consumption of sweets, pastries, sugary drinks, refined carbohydrates. Sugar contained in these products, under the influence of bacteria in the oral cavity, turns into acids, which cause tooth decay.
Manifestations of toothache. It can be either constant or paroxysmal - sharp, pulsating, shooting.
To start, the most important tips:
1. You should always feel comfortable, a pain sensation harms the body as a whole - therefore, immediately try to take an analgesic - an analgesic.
There are 2 types of drugs that help relieve toothache: actually analgesics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Analgesics block the activity of pain centers in the brain, which transmit a message about the occurrence of pain.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have the main effect - reducing inflammation, and the secondary - lowering pain, which occurs as a result of a decrease in inflammatory phenomena.
Examples of the most effective analgesics: solpadein, ketanes, analgin, tempalgin.
Examples of non-steroidal drugs: diclofenac, ibuprofen, indomethacin, ketoprofen, naproxen, piroxicam, denebol.
2. The second advice is the most important. Remember that taking analgesics does not eliminate the toothache and its cause. Analgesics only help temporarily forget about toothache, which gives you the most comfortable way to get to the dentist's appointment. Do not be fooled that pain can appear by chance, and can then go away forever. If the pain appeared, then there is a problem that can only be solved in the dental chair. This applies to absolutely all types of toothaches.
3. Tip three - forget about the terrible stories about torture in the dental chair. This is already a thing of the past. Modern technologies even make a painless injection painless - the injection site is lubricated with a special anesthetic. Modern dental anesthetics anesthetize quickly, efficiently, and for a long time.
4. Tip four - remember that delaying a visit to the dentist will not only bring you constant repetition of toothache, a bad mood and well-being, but every day makes the elimination of your problem more and more expensive for you. The more the problem is started, the more you will pay the dentist. Therefore, we recommend that you save money with the first pain symptoms.
Also take into account the fact that the postponement of a visit to the dentist can lead to more serious consequences - suppuration, tooth loss, and finally, a threat to life - often the purulent process penetrates the cervical region, and then into the mediastinum, to the heart - sometimes it is impossible to save person.
Folk remedies for the treatment of toothache:
* Put between the diseased tooth and cheek the leaves of valerian or horse sorrel; you can just chew them. Toothache subsides quickly.
* To reduce toothache, you can put raw beets on the affected tooth.
* Prepare a warm decoction of medicinal sage (20 g per 200 ml of water) and rinse your mouth, trying to keep the decoction for a longer time on a sick tooth. Spit the cooled liquid and gain warm. This should be done 3-4 times in half an hour.
* As a painkiller, it is recommended to rinse a sick tooth with infusion of common yarrow or Moldavian snakehead, goose cinquefoil, tincture of vodka calamus swamp root.
* Finely chop a piece of onion, wrap in gauze and put in the ear on the side opposite to the diseased tooth.
* Tie a hot rag or a grated horseradish or mustard and so on wrapped in a rag below the nape of the neck, so that it feels good.
* Decoction and infusion of horsetail is used to rinse for diseases of the gums and teeth: 2 tablespoons of the grass is brewed with 1 cup of boiling water and insisted all night.
* Rub the gum near the diseased tooth with a clove of garlic, after peeling it from the husk. In Siberia, garlic is applied (on a napkin) to the place where the pulse is felt on the hand from the side opposite to the diseased tooth.
* Broths for rinsing: oak bark (100 g per 1 liter, boil for 15 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of vinegar, a slice of pepper); aspen bark (15 g per 200 ml, boil for 5-7 minutes); flowering branches of wormwood (2 teaspoons per 300 ml); tricolor violets (1 tablespoon per 200 ml, boil for 15 minutes).
* Infusions for rinsing: mallow grass (4 teaspoons per 200 ml, insist 10 minutes, apply hot); three-leaf watch herbs (2 teaspoons per 200 ml, insist 20 minutes); grass of the mountaineer, i.e., knotweed (20 g per 200 ml, insist 30 minutes); oregano (15 g per 200 ml, insist 30 minutes); blackberry leaves (4 teaspoons per 400 ml, insist 30 minutes); blueberries (2 teaspoons per 200 ml, insist 2 hours).
* Pour a tablespoon of crushed dry chicory root with a glass of acidified boiling water, leave for 10 minutes, strain. This strong infusion is used in a warm form to rinse a sick tooth with severe pain. You can also chew freshly-panned chicory root, having previously cleaned it.
* 1-2 tablespoons of creeping thyme herb (thyme) pour a glass of boiling water, insist, strain. Apply in the form of rinses for toothache, gum disease and ulceration of the oral mucosa. Sweeten with honey (to taste) and apply in a warm form for rinsing with flux.
* To strengthen the teeth, it is useful to rub gums with plantain juice from time to time or rinse your mouth with infusion of this herb.
* 20 g of chopped calamus rhizomes pour 100 ml of alcohol or vodka, insist 8 days in a warm place, often shaking, strain. Apply tincture to a sick tooth on a piece of cotton wool.
* Insert the root of the plantain into the ear from the side of the diseased tooth until the pain is reduced.
* Burn the petiole stalk, put the ash in the hollow of the tooth.
* Chew the root of calamus, angelica vulgaris.
* With prolonged toothache, it is useful to take some sedative, for example, tincture of valerian root (20 drops 2-3 times a day).
* Two tablespoons of chopped turnip root pour 1 cup boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes, strain. Rinse your mouth with a warm broth for toothache.
* For toothache, a cotton wool with tincture of birch buds is applied to the diseased tooth: pour 25 g of kidneys into 100 ml of alcohol, leave for 8 days.
* 8 teaspoons of dry crushed herbs of lemon balm (lemon mint) infuse for 4 hours in 2 cups of hot water. Rinse your mouth with toothache and gum disease.
* A slice of lard, fresh or salted, after having cleaned the salt, put on a sore tooth between the gum and cheek. Hold for 15–20 minutes, during which time the pain will subside.
Diet. Nutrition plays a very important role in maintaining healthy teeth. In food, there must be a sufficient amount of lime necessary for the formation of hard tooth tissue. Pregnant women must drink lime water every day (a tablespoon) or take special medicine, since the fetus draws lime from the mother’s body to form the skeletal system, which leads to the destruction of her teeth.
It is important to limit the intake of sugar, acidic foods; eat wholemeal bread, raw vegetables. Refined fibrous food remains on the teeth in the form of a sticky mass, causing great harm to them. You should not take very cold or very hot food, especially if they alternate with each other. Sweet is better to eat after eating, and not before it.