Toothache, Causes of toothache, Treatment of toothache, Folk remedies for the treatment of toothache
Dear visitors !!!! We know that you are currently not reading this page in a very good mood, and it seems, with pain in the tooth ...
Therefore, we will try to give you some useful tips - how to behave when there is pain in the tooth.
Toothache and the associated tooth decay begin, as a rule, with enamel damage caused by caries.
Causes of toothache - following caries inflammation in the soft tissue of the tooth and periosteum (flux) with the possible formation of abscesses. Tooth decay occurs often as a result of improper nutrition - excessive consumption of sweets, confectionery, sweet drinks, refined carbohydrates. The sugar contained in these products, when exposed to bacteria in the oral cavity, turns into acids that cause tooth decay.
Manifestations of toothache. It can be either constant or paroxysmal - sharp, pulsating, shooting.
To begin with, the most important tips:
1. You should feel comfortable always, the sensation of pain harms the body as a whole - so immediately try to take an analgesic - an analgesic.
There are 2 types of medications that help to remove toothache: analgesics proper and non-native anti-inflammatory drugs. Analgesics block the activity of painful centers in the brain, which transmit a message about the occurrence of pain.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have the main effect - reducing inflammation, and secondary - lowering the pain that occurs due to the lowering of inflammatory phenomena.
Examples of the most effective analgesics: solpadein, ketanov, analgin, tempalgin.
Examples of non-steroid drugs: diclofenac, ibuprofen, indomethacin, ketoprofen, naproxen, piroxicam, denebol.
2. Council of the second - the most important. Remember that taking analgesics does not eliminate toothache and its cause. Analgesics only help for a while to forget about toothache, which gives you the opportunity to get as comfortable as possible to the dentist at the reception. Do not be fooled, that pain can appear by chance, and can then go away forever. If the pain has appeared - then there is a problem that can be solved only in the dental chair. This applies to absolutely all types of dental pain.
3. Tip the third - forget about the terrible stories about torture in the dental chair. This is already far in the past. Modern technology allows even an anesthetic injection to be done painlessly - the injection site is smeared with a special anesthetic. Modern dental anesthetics obezbalivayut quickly, effectively, and for a long time.
4. Tip the fourth - remember that delaying a visit to the dentist will not only bring you constant repetition of toothache, bad mood and well-being, but every day makes eliminating your problem more expensive for you. The more the problem is launched - the more you pay the dentist. Therefore, we recommend that you be economical at the first pain symptoms.
Also take into account the fact that the adjournment of a visit to the dentist can lead to more serious consequences - suppuration, tooth loss, and finally, to the emergence of a threat to life - often a purulent process penetrates into the cervical region, and further to the mediastinum, to the heart - sometimes it is impossible to save Rights.
Folk remedies for the treatment of toothache:
* Put leaves of valerian or horse sorrel between sick tooth and cheek; They can be simply chewed. Toothache quickly subsides.
* To reduce toothache, you can put on the affected tooth raw beet.
* Prepare a warm decoction of medicinal sage (20 g per 200 ml of water) and rinse your mouth, trying to keep the broth longer for a sick tooth. Cool the liquid and spit it warm. This should be done 3-4 times within half an hour.
* As an analgesic, it is recommended to rinse the diseased tooth with the infusion of the yarrow herb, or the snake-head of Moldavia, the boiled goat's broth, the tincture on the virgin root of the ayr marsh root.
* Finely crumble a piece of a bulb, wrap it in gauze and put it in your ear on the side opposite the sick tooth.
* Tie a neckcloth over the neck with a hot rag or wrapped in a rag shredded horseradish or mustard and the like to get a good "scorching".
* Decoction and infusion of horsetail field is used for rinsing with diseases of gums and teeth: 2 tablespoons of herbs brew 1 cup of boiling water and insist all night.
* Rub the gum around the diseased tooth with a slice of garlic, after cleaning it from the husks. In Siberia, apply garlic (on a napkin) to the place where the pulse is felt on the arm with the opposite side to the aching tooth.
* Broths for rinsing: oak bark (100 grams per 1 liter, boil 15 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of vinegar, a piece of pepper); Aspen bark (15 g per 200 ml, boil for 5-7 minutes); Flowering twigs of wormwood (2 teaspoons per 300 ml); Violet tricolor (1 tablespoon per 200 ml, boil for 15 minutes).
* Infusions for rinsing: grass marshmallow (4 teaspoons per 200 ml, infuse for 10 minutes, apply hot); Herbs are three-leaved (2 teaspoons per 200 ml, insist 20 minutes); Herb of the mountaineer of the bird, ie sporis (20 g per 200 ml, insist 30 minutes); Oregano (15 g per 200 ml, insist 30 minutes); Leaves of blackberry (4 teaspoons per 400 ml, insist 30 minutes); Berries blueberries (2 teaspoons per 200 ml, insist 2 hours).
* A tablespoon of the crushed dry root of chicory, pour a glass of acidified boiling water, insist 10 minutes, drain. This strong infusion to use in a warm form for rinsing a sick tooth with severe pain. You can also chew the freshly chopped chicory root, after cleaning it.
* 1-2 tablespoons herb thyme creeping (thyme) pour a glass of boiling water, insist, drain. Use as a rinse with toothache, gum disease and ulceration of the oral mucosa. Sweeten honey (to taste) and apply in a warm form for rinsing with a flux.
* To strengthen the teeth it is useful from time to time to rub the gums with the juice of plantain or rinse your mouth with the infusion of this herb.
* 20 grams of crushed rhizome of aira pour 100 ml of alcohol or vodka, insist 8 days in a warm place, often shaking, strain. Apply the tincture to the diseased tooth on a piece of cotton wool.
* Put in the ear from the patient's tooth a root of the plantain to reduce pain.
* Burn the petioles of the pumpkin, put the ashes into the hollow of the tooth.
* To chew the root of ayr, an angelica of the ordinary.
* With prolonged toothache it is useful to take some sedative, for example, a tincture of valerian root (20 drops 2-3 times a day).
* Two tablespoons of crushed root turnip pour 1 cup of boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes, drain. With a warm broth rinse your mouth with toothache.
* When toothache is applied to a toothache cotton wad with tincture of birch buds: 25 g of kidneys pour 100 ml of alcohol, infuse 8 days.
* 8 teaspoons of dry crushed herbs of lemon balm (lemon peppermint) to infuse 4 hours in 2 glasses of hot water. Rinse your mouth with toothache and gum disease.
* A slice of lard, fresh or salted, after having cleaned the salt, put on a sick tooth between the gum and cheek. Hold for 15-20 minutes, during this time the pain will subside.
Diet. Nutrition plays a very important role in maintaining healthy teeth. The food should be a sufficient amount of lime, necessary for the formation of hard tissue of the teeth. Pregnant women need to drink every day lime water (on a tablespoon) or take a special medicine, as the fetus for the formation of the bone system pulls lime from the mother's body, which leads to the destruction of her teeth.
It is important to limit the consumption of sugar, acidic foods; Eat bread from wholemeal, raw vegetables. Fibrous refined food stays on the teeth in the form of a sticky mass, causing them great harm. Do not take very cold or very hot food, especially if they alternate between themselves. Sweet is better after eating, not before him.