Toothache, Causes of toothache, Treatment of toothache, Folk remedies for the treatment of toothache
Dear visitors !!!! We know that you are currently reading this page is not in a very good mood, and it seems with a pain in the tooth ...
Therefore, we will try to give you some useful tips - how to behave in case of pain in the tooth.
Toothache and the accompanying tooth decay usually begin with damage to the enamel caused by caries.
Causes of toothache - following inflammation of caries in the soft tissue of the tooth and the periosteum (flux) with the possible formation of ulcers. Tooth decay often occurs as a result of malnutrition — excessive consumption of sweets, confectionery, sugary drinks, and refined carbohydrates. Sugar contained in these products, under the influence of bacteria in the mouth, turns into acids that cause tooth decay.
Manifestations of toothache. It can be both constant and paroxysmal - sharp, pulsating, shooting.
To begin with the most important tips:
1. You should always feel comfortable, the sensation of pain harms the body as a whole - so immediately try to take an analgesic - an analgesic.
There are 2 types of drugs that help relieve toothache: analgesics themselves and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Analgesics block the activity of pain centers in the brain that transmit a message about the occurrence of pain.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have a major effect - reducing inflammation, and secondary - reducing pain, which occurs due to a decrease in inflammation.
Examples of the most effective analgesics: solpadein, ketanov, analgin, tempalgin.
Examples of nonsteroidal drugs: diclofenac, ibuprofen, indomethacin, ketoprofen, naproxen, piroxicam, denebol.
2. The second board is the most important. Remember that taking analgesics does not eliminate the toothache and its cause. Analgesics only help to forget about toothache for a while, which gives you the opportunity to get to the dentist as comfortably as possible. Do not be fooled that the pain may appear by chance, and then you can leave forever. If pain has appeared, it means that there is a problem that can only be solved in the dental chair. This applies to absolutely all types of toothaches.
3. Third Council - forget about the terrible stories of torture in the dental chair. This is already far in the past. Modern technologies allow even painless injection to do painlessly - the injection site is lubricated with a special anesthetic. Modern dental anesthetics anesthetize quickly, efficiently, and permanently.
4. Fourth Council - remember that delaying a visit to the dentist will not only bring you constant repetitions of toothache, bad mood and well-being, but also makes every day the elimination of your problem more and more expensive for you. The more problem is started - the more you pay the dentist. Therefore, economical recommend to apply at the first pain symptoms.
Also consider the fact that postponing a visit to the dentist can lead to more serious consequences - suppuration, loss of a tooth, and finally, a threat to life - often the purulent process penetrates the cervical region, and further into the mediastinum, to the heart - sometimes it is impossible to save person
Folk remedies for the treatment of toothache:
* Put valerian leaves or horse sorrel between the aching tooth and cheek; they can just chew. Toothache will quickly subside.
* To reduce toothache, you can put raw beets on the affected tooth.
* Prepare a warm decoction of medicinal sage (20 g per 200 ml of water) and rinse your mouth, trying to keep the decoction at the patient's tooth longer. Spilled out liquid and spit warm. This should be done 3-4 times within half an hour.
* As a painkiller, it is recommended to rinse the aching tooth with an extract of Yarrow herb or Moldavian serpentine head, with a decoction of Potentilla goose, tincture of vodka of the calamus calamus root.
* Finely chop a piece of onion, wrap in cheesecloth and put in the ear on the side opposite the aching tooth.
* Attach a hot rag to the neck or a shredded horseradish or mustard, wrapped in a rag, and so on, so that you can blend it.
* Decoction and infusion of horsetail is used for rinsing with diseases of the gums and teeth: 2 tablespoons of herbs brewed with 1 cup of boiling water and infused overnight.
* Rub the gum near the patient's tooth with a piece of garlic, after clearing it from the husk. In Siberia, garlic is applied (on a napkin) to the place where the pulse is felt on the arm from the side opposite to the sore tooth.
* Broths for rinsing: oak bark (100 g per 1 liter, boil for 15 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of vinegar, a piece of pepper); aspen bark (15 g per 200 ml, boil for 5-7 minutes); flowering branches of wormwood (2 teaspoons per 300 ml); tricolor violets (1 tablespoon per 200 ml, boil for 15 minutes).
* Infusions to rinse: herb mallow (4 tsp. Per 200 ml, insist 10 minutes, use hot); three-leaf watch herbs (2 teaspoons per 200 ml, insist 20 minutes); herbs of the mountaineer bird, i.e. knotweed (20 g per 200 ml, insist 30 minutes); oregano (15 g per 200 ml, insist 30 minutes); blackberry leaves (4 teaspoons per 400 ml, insist 30 minutes); blueberries (2 teaspoons per 200 ml, insist 2 hours).
* Pour a tablespoon of crushed chicory dry root with a glass of acidified boiling water, leave for 10 minutes, drain. This strong infusion used in the heat to rinse a sick tooth with severe pain. You can also chew freshly chicory chicory root, after cleaning it.
* 1-2 tablespoons of creeping thyme herb (thyme) pour a glass of boiling water, insist, drain. Apply as a rinse for toothache, gum disease and ulceration of the oral mucosa. Sweeten with honey (to taste) and apply in the heat to rinse with flux.
* To strengthen the teeth, it is useful from time to time to rub gums with plantain juice or rinse your mouth with this herb infusion.
* 20 g of crushed calamus rhizome pour 100 ml of alcohol or vodka, insist 8 days in a warm place, often shaking, strain. Apply tincture to the diseased tooth on a piece of cotton wool.
* Attach the plantain root to the ear of the diseased tooth until pain is reduced.
* Burn the scape of the pumpkin, put the ash into the hollow of the tooth.
* Chew the root of the calamus, angelicus.
* For prolonged toothache, it is helpful to take some sedative, for example, valerian root tincture (20 drops 2-3 times a day).
* Two tablespoons of chopped turnip root crops pour 1 cup boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes, strain. Wash the mouth with a warm broth with a toothache.
* When a toothache is applied to a sore tooth, a fleece with birch tincture of the bud: 25 g of kidney pour 100 ml of alcohol, insist 8 days.
* 8 teaspoons of dry chopped lemon balm herb (lemon mint) infuse for 4 hours in 2 cups of hot water. Rinse your mouth with toothache and gum disease.
* Slice of pork fat, fresh or salted, after clearing the salt, put on the aching tooth between the gum and cheek. Hold for 15-20 minutes, during this time the pain subsides.
Diet. Nutrition plays a very important role in maintaining healthy teeth. Food should be a sufficient amount of lime, necessary for the formation of hard tissue of teeth. Pregnant women need to drink lime water every day (a tablespoon) or take a special medicine, because the fetus draws lime from the mother's body to form the skeletal system, which leads to the destruction of her teeth.
It is important to limit the consumption of sugar, acidic foods; eat wholemeal bread, raw vegetables. Fibrous refined food remains on the teeth in the form of a sticky mass, causing great harm to them. You should not take very cold or very hot food, especially if they alternate with each other. Sweet is better to eat after eating, but not before it.