Russian-language free program in Vedic Astrology (Jyotish Grahas 5.0)
This program makes it easy to build Jyotish maps in the time interval from 1625 to 2200 years.
The development of the program uses data, texts and algorithms from the books:
- Maharshi Parasara "Brihat-Parasara-Chora-Shastram" Volume 1 and 2.
- James Bracha "Ancient Indian astrology for modern astrologers", Moscow, "Kogelet", 2001.
In calculating the program uses the Swiss Ephemeris.
- You can customize the Birth Card and other maps with one click on any parameter (time, date and coordinates). And the map will be recalculated.
- The program allows you to easily (Search by mask) to choose the coordinates of the city from 1087 cities of the CIS. In addition, you can find out how the time (Time Zone, Time Zone) in this city has changed, depending on the date. On the territory of the former USSR, time changed several times.
- The program builds Fractional maps (Hora, Drekkana, ... Shashtyamsha, only 19 pieces).
- There is an opportunity to make a rectification of the birth time on the basis of several important events of life.
- In addition, using the mouse pointer you can get information about any object (Planet, House, Sign, Nakshatra, etc.). His unchanging qualities and qualities that he receives in this position. This applies not only to Rashi Kundali, but also to all fractional maps.
- The calculation of the lunar days (Tithi) is available with the time of the beginning and the end of the Tithi.
- Calculation of Dash (Planetary periods up to 5 subperiods).
- The calculation of the Saturn period in Seven and a half years of "Shani Sade-sati" is realized.
- It is possible to view 2 horoscopes in one window at the same time, the same calculation of compatibility is implemented by different methods. There you can also consider the Periods (Dashy) of two horoscopes simultaneously.
- Grahas can save and open Jagannatha Hora files (* .jhd)
- Properties of Days of the Week.
- It is possible to save a map of Rashi Kundali or any fractional map into a graphic file (* .bmp). Then you can print the saved files (* .bmp) from any simple and complex graphics program.
- You can save and load the horoscope and Dasha data in a file.
- There is a function "Drawing a Card". The menu item "More -> Drawing a Map". In this mode, the program does not calculate the map. Polhovatel himself carries the planets, arudhi and signs (the signs are transferred only to the Lagna) in the houses he needs. And in this way he can simulate the Card himself. There you can also select Fonts to display the planets and everything else. And also there is a mass of sliders and flags moving which you can achieve the necessary location of the elements of the Map. Each slider has a tooltip. You can also save and load the created settings to a file (Pop-up menu on the "Drawing Map" tab). The result of the Drawing Map will be a black and white bmp file, which can be previewed and saved.
- This function was done specifically to prepare for the publication of the 2 volumes of Brihat-Parasara-Chora-Shastra.
- Grahas allows you to build graphs of the merits of the planets for different (1-10 years) intervals.
- You can also plot the merits of the planets individually or in any combination. For example, only Jupiter and Saturn.
And much more ... And everything is in Russian!
Using the tab "Projections of planets around the earth", you can find out:
- 1. Current position of the planets relative to the horizon, the sides of the world and the points of the ecliptic (Zenith, Nadir, Ascendant, Descendent).
- 2. The location of the planets at a given time (Signs, Houses and Moon constellations [Nakshatra]).
Moving the mouse pointer over the Planets, Signs, Houses, Nakshatras and special points of the ecliptic; you can get detailed information about the properties of the objects described above.
Using the 'Up-Down' buttons in the 'Date' panel, you can change any Date (Minutes, Minutes, Hours, Days, Months and Years) parameters. After each change, the recalculation will take place with the new Date values, which will be displayed on the screen. Thus, the MANUAL TIME ADJUSTMENT is implemented. After you manually changed any Date parameter, you must click the Refresh button to perform the recalculation.
On the 'Date' panel, the 'Automatic' button is available:
- 1. When you press it, the program will switch to the 'Automatic' mode. In this case, the recalculation and display will occur each time for the new Date values;
- 2. The current Date parameter (Second, Minute, Hour, Day, Month or Year) will be incremented by one;
- 3. To change the current Date parameter, just click on it with the mouse;
- 4. The recalculation and display period can be selected by right-clicking the 'Automatic' button;
- 5. The period can be equal to: '0.1 seconds', '1 second' or 'Real time';
- 6. If the Period corresponds to 'Real Time', the Date values will always be equal to the values set in the operating system.
Using the item in the top menu 'Places Coordinates' you can:
- 1. Select the coordinates of one or several settlements (Total in the database - data on the coordinates and the transfer of time - 1087 cities);
- 2. If you select a settlement, you can use the filtering function to simplify the search. To do this, you need to set the search mask.
- 3. To specify a mask, use the '*' character. For example:
- a) 'Ak *' - names of settlements starting with 'Ak';
- b) '* ka' - names of settlements ending in 'ka';
- c) '* ram *' - names of settlements containing 'frames';
- !!! To use the mask function, after its setting, press the 'Enter' key.
- 4. You can edit and save coordinates of settlements, add new coordinates and delete.
- 5. In addition, you can use the corresponding 'Up' and 'Down' buttons to change the latitude and longitude values. Pressing these buttons will automatically recalculate and display with new latitude and longitude values. Thus, it is possible to carry out a FIT and LONGITUDE FIT.
!!! ATTENTION !!! TEMPORARY ZONE USER CHOOSES THEIR DEPENDING ON THE DATE OF CALCULATION.
On the territory of the former USSR, the time zone of different cities changed several times!
The program has a directory containing the geographic coordinates of 1087 cities, as well as changes in the order of calculating time and time zones produced in the territory of the former USSR from 1917 to 1992.
The coordinates of the extended cities were calculated by the geographical center, which explains the difference within a few minutes compared to other sources.
The directory includes all the changes introduced on the basis of decrees and decrees of central authorities. However, in some regions, local authorities introduced their own changes in the order of time calculation.
To call the directory, you need to click the '?' on against 'Time Zone (For Current Date):'.
After the window of the directory opens, and there is a corresponding entry for the selected city.
You need to carefully read how the time zone in the selected city changed. And set the appropriate value.
Using the menu item 'File' -> 'Save (Time, Date, Location, Ayanamsha)' and 'Open (Time, Date, Location, Ayanamsha)', you can save and upload to the file all the horoscope data (Time, Date, Coordinates Places and Ayanamshu).
Using the item of the top menu 'Calendars', you can count the Calendar of the Lunar Days [Tithi].
Print the interpretation of the Horoscope. 'Show Horoscope Analysis'. The interpretations will be printed in the form selected in the pop-up menu - 'Hints-> Interpretations'.
Using the menu item 'Fractional maps' it is possible - to calculate Fractional Maps (Chorus, Drekkana, Navamsha, etc.).
Quickly open and close the 'Ayanamsha', 'Fractional maps', 'Rectification' ... windows by clicking on the corresponding item in the top menu.
Using the pop-up menu 'Rashi Kundali', you can:
- 1. View the current prompt completely ('Show hint completely');
- 2. Choose whether to show, and where (top or left) the Ascendant on the visual map next - ('Projections of the planets around the earth');
- 3. Show the direction of the projections of the planets on the visual map ('Show flows of energy');
- 4. Choose whether to use Ayanamsha when calculating or not ('Use Ayanamsha');
- 5. Select, show Absolute or Relative coordinates of the Planets;
- 6. Globally choose the language of the terminology (Sanskrit, Russian, Latin);
- 7. Select whether to use color when displaying properties of the Planets;
- 8. Select the form and the number of prompts ('Settings-> Hints').
- 9. Select the form and number of interpretations ('Settings-> Hints-> Interpretations').
Using the Dashi tab, you can calculate the periods (up to 5 for periods).
For convenience of work with this bookmark use the pop-up menu.
Where the following functions are available:
- Add Sub period - Right
- Delete Under period - Left
- Show / Hide time - Ctrl + T
- Show age
- Set the beginning and the end of the calculation - Enter
- Increase the number of days in the year - Ctrl + Ins
- Reduce the number of days in a year - Ctrl + Del
- Save to file - Ctrl + S
- Normal / Double window size - Double click
The number of days in a year is the average number of days a year for a long period of time, taking into account leap years.
Using the mouse pointer, you can get hints for the period on which it is hovered.
Obtain information of this kind:
- 1. What can bring Maha Dasha (the first period) or Antar Dasha (the second under the period);
- 2. Depending on what kind of house it is or what houses it manages, what to expect from this period.
These types of tips can be turned off if necessary (Pop-up menu-> Hints-> Interpretations-> Dashi (Periods of planets)).
Using the menu item "Save Map to File (*. BMP)" you can save the calculated map to the BMP file. Then you can open it in any graphics editor and print or convert to any other convenient format.
To print Fractional Maps, click on the corresponding map with the right mouse button and select "Save Map to File (*. BMP)" from the pop-up menu.
Using the "Horoscope Creation Wizard" (File-> New Horoscope Menu). You can easily, in a consistent form, specify all the data necessary to calculate the Horoscope, and get all the tips for time transfer (Summer / Winter) and Time Zones in different cities in different years.
Using the Rectification window (the Top Rectification menu). You can specify the birth time to seconds.
Just want to say that perhaps the following method is not quite classically correct. Because I do not have full information about the procedure. But if you want to try, read on.
To do this, using the pop-up menu, you need to add a few important life events for example:
- Entry into Marriage
- Birth of a child
- Start date
- Getting Knowledge
- Death of Relatives
- Acquisition of property
- Loss of property
- Moving in
- Disease (accident, operation)
- Arrangement for work (transition to a new job, start of business)
You must specify the date of each event. And the number of periods (Each period of the planet includes 9 sub-periods of 9 planets, and so on).
Add and delete events using the pop-up menu (the right mouse button on the rectify window).
In this menu are available functions (you can use the shortcut keys):
- Add Event - Ins
- Delete Event - Del
- Add under period - Right
- Delete for period - Left
For each event there will be counted 3 periods (Dashi):
- 1. The period before the beginning of the event
- 2. Period during which an event occurred
- 3. The next period after the event
Then most manually, you need to change the birth time (in minutes, seconds or hours) and watch while changing the periods of the planets.
Using the mouse pointer, you can get hints for the period on which it is hovered. Obtain information of this kind:
- 1. What can bring Maha Dasha (the first period) or Antar Dasha (the second under the period)
- 2. Depending on which house is in or which houses are managed - what to expect from this period
These types of tips can be turned off if necessary (Pop-up menu-> Hints-> Interpretations-> Dashi (Periods of planets)).
You need not tied yourself to see exactly what happened and what could happen on the relevant date.
Using the prompts to evaluate whether the birth time was correctly entered.
That's all. This is an experimental option. I await your feedback on the possible addition of the method.
Using the top menu item Advanced-> Calculating the Saturn Period in Seven and a Half Years "Shani Sade-sati".
You can calculate the periods of "Shani Sade-sati" for this horoscope. To do this, click the Read button in the window that appears.
You can calculate this period for any other horoscope. To do this, you need to set the sign in which the moon was in the horoscope of the born and press the count button.
Simultaneously with the consideration of this period, the program allows you to watch Dashi in the relevant periods.
What are the results of the Saturn period in Seven and a half years of "Shani Sade-sati" you can learn by reading the book "The Greatness of Saturn" (author Robert Freedom).
Using the menu item Horoscope-> Double Horoscope (Compatibility), you can view 2 Horoscope simultaneously in one window:
- Calculate their compatibility with different methods.
- It's easy to analyze 2 horoscopes using the tip when you move the mouse.
- Consider the periods (Dashi) together for each horoscope. And the periods will be calculated at one time for each of the Horoscopes.
In other words, it will be possible to see how the periods of two people changed at one time (which is very entertaining). And accordingly receive tips on these periods.
When double clicking on the Periods window (Dash), its size will increase or decrease.
Due to which it is more convenient to consider Dashi on a large gap.
There was an opportunity to show the speed of the planets in the Settings-> Calculation Planets menu. And in different forms:
- Do not show Speed
- Show in% of Max.
- Show in% of Average
- Show Speed ° / Hour
- Show Speed ° / Day
Now you can choose which calculation to use for lunar nodes (Medium or True) positions. Earlier there were only average values.
Menu Settings-> Calculation of planets.
Menu Using the menu item Settings-> Calculation of planets.
Ayanamsha, you can choose different ways of calculating Ayanamsha, which will be used in future calculations.
Now you can choose different modes of work with prompts:
- Do not show Generally
- Show when moving Mice
- Show when I click on an item
- Menu item Settings-> Hints
There was an opportunity to save the Horoscope 2my with different commands:
- Save as (with other names)
Now Grahas can save and open Jagannatha Hora Lite files (*. Jhd). It is easy to work with the data of the program Jagannatha Hora Lite 6.0.
Periods (Dashi) you can save RTF files. And the periods will be printed with the colors of the planets (If necessary, you can turn off this option - remove the flag to show Dashi color).
Working with the program became easier due to the fact that the main commands are taken from the menu items on the Quick Launch toolbar:
- New Horoscope
- Save Horoscope
- Save as
- Save Map to * .BMP
- Select Language of terms
- Show Hide Upagrahi
- Choose how you want Maps displayed
- Show Hide Arudha-Padas
- Calculation of the calendar of the Moon Days (Tithi)
- Calculation of Transits
- Calculation of Shani-Sade-Sati
- Double Horoscope
To view the full image of the screen forms, click on them with the mouse.
The main window of the Grahas program
Calculation of the Saturn Period in Seven and a Half Years "Shani Sade-sati"
Double Horoscope - Compatibility
Drawing a Map
Calculation of Transits for Dashi
Tips on moving the mouse around the Transit window
Parallel calculation of Transit for two Horoscopes