Firmware and jailbreak 3.0 for iphone 2G / 3G (Cydia jailbreak)
RedSn0w, as well as QuickPwn, allows you to remove the binding to the operator on the already installed original firmware. You can put it in the usual way through iTunes by clicking in the main menu Update (update).
3G officially acquired in Russia, not officially, and also for 2G, can be safely flashed on 3.0 and jailbreaked with confidence!
For those who do not have official 3G phones, the unlock method is indicated at the end of the article.
And so, we have 3G (official or not) or 2G, install firmware 3.0 on them boldly, before inserting we do not forget to pull out the gasket (who has
Download or or:
redsn0w-win_0.7.2.zip [ ] [ ] [ ]
redsn0w-win_0.7.1.zip [ ] [ ] [ ]
- in the first one added to the xp, and so no difference, extract from the archive folder on the desktop.
!!! If you have firmware 3.0.1, use RedSn0w v.0.8
redsn0w-win_0.8.zip [ ] [ ] [ ]
Update iTunes to the latest version 8.2 or newer.
iTunes 8.2 for Windows Vista 64bit can be found here .
Update the firmware on your iPhone.
This can be done through iTunes, so that he himself downloaded and installed the firmware, or manually, as described below.
If via iTunes, it will save the downloaded firmware along this path:
- for Windows XP C: \ Documents and Settings \ username \ Application Data \ Apple Computer \ iTunes \ iPhone Software Updates \
- for Windows Vista C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Roaming \ Apple Computer \ iTunes \ iPhone Software Updates \
If you chose the method of installing the firmware via iTunes, then in iTunes, click on "Restore" with the "SHIFT" button held down. You will be prompted to select the firmware, point to the correct downloaded firmware and install it on the iphone.
Download and unpack bootloaders (no need for iPhone 3G)
bootloaders3.0.zip [ ] [ ] [ ]
Who needs firmware separately can be downloaded here.
iPhone 3GS :
iPhone 3G :
iPhone GSM :
After installing the firmware, we are waiting for activation (a network will appear), for 3G , then iTunes will offer to configure the phone as new,
or from a backup, you must select as new.
For 2G , after installing the firmware, close iTunes and proceed to jailbreak
Getting down to the jailbreak!
[METHOD # 1]In the folder redsn0w drag file firmware 3.0
With the mouse, we catch the firmware file and impose it on the redsn0w.exe file. We look at the picture below.
We get this picture on the screen
Next, connect the iPhone to the computer, and enter into the DFU
How to enter the phone in DFU.
1. When the lace is connected, we hold both Nome + Power keys, and hold,
2. as the display goes out completely, count to 8 and release the Power, Nome continue to hold, another 15 seconds.
3. We release the Home button, and on the keyboard we press the Enter key, then we see the running lines and such a picture
As the lines finish running, the command line window will disappear by itself, and we will see the bootloader on the phone, and then the familiar Pineapple running.
Everything is ready, we have Cydia installer on the phone and access to the file system through the manager )
You may need to run the QuickPwn program (Windows framework for dotnetfx35.exe) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, you can take it here
[METHOD # 2]Download and unpack the archive redsn0w-win_0.7. (2) unpack it on the desktop, and run the file redsn0w.exe
We connect the iPhone to the computer, follow the instructions of the program
Then you just need to follow the instructions for the introduction of the iPhone in DFU mode . Monitor the activity of the lines in your program window.
1. Turn off the iPhone (Power button 3 seconds and the slider to the right)
2. Next, click Next.
3. Now we monitor the activity of lines in the program.
4. Press the Power button (top) for 2-3 seconds.
5. Without releasing the Power button, hold down the Home button (round at the bottom) for 10 seconds.
6. Release the Power button, while continuing to hold the Home button, for about 20 seconds, the jail began.
Software unlock 3G! Attention, because you need internet for sidium, you need to connect a waffle!
ONLY for owners of unofficial iPhone 3G, locked to one specific operator.
1. Read the instructions to the end , before doing anything.
2. Check carefully all the original data. For this instruction to work, you must be:
- Locked iPhone 3G (purchased not from the official seller!);
- The phone should have the original firmware version 3.0 (original, not beta!) .
- The phone should have the original version of the modem from firmware 3.0 - 04.26.08 (checked in Settings (Settings) - Basic (General) - About phone (About) - Modem version (Baseband)) .
- The phone must be jailbroken (must be Cydia and access to the waffle);
- Your sim card should be in the phone;
3. Go to Cydia and add the Ultrasn0w repository: Cydia - Manage - Sources - Edit - Add - repo666.ultrasn0w.com;
4. Find and install ultrasn0w in Changes or search .
5. Exit Cydia, then restart the phone (hold the Power button until the phone turns off, and then turn it on again).
6. If there is no network , then it is necessary to dance with a tambourine as follows:
- Remove / insert SIM card back;
- Remove check PIN code of your SIM card (this can be done only through another phone!)
- Airplane Mode ON, Airplane Mode OFF;
- Reset network settings;
- Disable 3G - Network should appear ))