Custom 4.2.1 for 3G and 3Gs
Firmware without upgrading the modem + jailbreak
3GS: root - 900 + activation + open ssh - Download
3GS: root - 959 - without hacking, without sidia - Download
3G: root - 800 + activation + open ssh - Download
3G: root - 900 - without hactivation, without sidia - Download
1. Run Redsn0w substitute the original 4.2.1, then tick the box just enter pwned DFU mode right now.
2. After the instructions for entering the phone in DFU, run itunes 10.1 shift + restore and replace it with our custom. All.
For 3Gs owners, if you do not load the phone after the custom:
1. When launching an apple with a bite and the semi-transparent circle hanging in it and it does not move, then we start Redsn0w substitute it with ..4.2.1 and put a tick just boot tettered - after all we see the cracked pineapple - then load.
2. So you have learned from your own experience what a tied jailbreak is - so we do it every time you turn on the phone (if you have a new boot).
!!! From myself I will add that Dev Tim advises to activate the phone by the native simka, so that the battery does not leave quickly!
I made a jail 2x iPhone 3g (1 PCT and 1 American)
1) Made using pwnage 4.1.3 (under macos) custom firmware without activation and without modem enhancement. With the ship on board.
2) transferred the phone to DFU mode - the PCT was translating under Windows with the help of RedSnow, the American was translating for macos using Pwnage
3) Included iTunes and made recovery by custom firmware
As a result, phones with jailbreak, sidia on board and not activated turned out.
PCT to activate easily and easily (any simka and all), and we decided to activate the American sim card AT & T (found people who are doing jail and so on for iPhones and they lent for 2 minutes SIM card AT & T)
Then the American turned into an iPod, but after 10 minutes (updating the sidium + installing the last ultrasnow) it became a full-fledged iPhone.
Still it is necessary to say that the PCT updated from 3.1.2, and the American from 4.0. Nowhere did not raise the modem (in the PCT did not raise, for the purpose of experimentation)
Both phones work fine, owners noticed a performance boost.
So, everything turned out to be very simple.
Threat procedure for jailbreak custom firmware (without upgrading the modem) for iphone 3g and iphone 3gs (with the old bootrom) is absolutely the same.
So if you have an old boot and a modem you did not raise after 4.0 firmware, then you can safely do custom firmware.
ZYY You can install custom firmware only on the phone with a jailbreak. What did jail do not matter.