Custom 4.2.1 for 3G and 3Gs
Firmware without modem upgrade + jailbreak
3GS: root - 900 + activation + open ssh - Download
3GS: root - 959 - no hacking, no sidia - Download
3G: root - 800 + activation + open ssh - Download
3G: root - 900 - without hacking, without sidia - Download
1. We start Redsn0w we substitute to it original 4.2.1 then we put a tick just enter pwned DFU mode right now.
2. After the instructions for entering the phone in DFU, run itunes 10.1 shift + restore and substitute it with our custom. Everything.
For owners of 3Gs, if your phone does not load after custom:
1. At startup, a bitten apple and a translucent circle hangs in it and does not move — it means we launch Redsn0w, substitute it with of.4.2.1 and check the just boot tettered checkbox - after all, we see the bitten pineapple - then load.
2. So, you understood from your own experience what a tethered jailbreak is - we do this every time you turn on the phone (if you have a new boot).
!!! I’ll add from myself that Dev Tim advises activating the phone with my native SIM card, so that the battery does not leave quickly!
Made a jail 2x iPhone 3G (1 PCT and 1 American)
1) Made using pwnage 4.1.3 (for makos) custom firmware without activation and without raising the modem. With a sidium on board.
2) transferred the phone to DFU mode - PCT translated under Windows using RedSnow, American transferred under macos using Pwnage
3) Turned on itunes and made recovery with custom firmware
As a result, we got phones with jailbreak, sidia on board and not activated.
It’s easy and simple to activate the PCT (any SIM card and that’s all), and we decided to activate the American ATIM SIM card (we found people who make jail and so on for iPhones and they borrowed an AT&T SIM card for 2 minutes)
Further, the American turned into an iPod, but after 10 minutes (updating the sidia + installing the latest ultrasnow), he became a full-fledged iPhone.
It is also worth saying that the PCT updated from 3.1.2, and the American from 4.0. Nowhere did he pick up the modem (in the PCT did not pick it up, for the purposes of the experiment)
Both phones work great, owners noticed a performance boost.
So that everything turned out to be very simple.
Threat procedure jailbreak custom firmware (without upgrading the modem) for iphone 3g and iphone 3gs (with the old bootrom) is absolutely the same.
So if you have an old boot and modem you did not pick up after firmware 4.0, then you can safely do custom firmware.
ZYY You can install custom firmware only on a phone with a jailbreak. What did the jail do to mine is not important.