Custom 4.2.1 for 3G and 3Gs
Firmware without modem upgrade + jailbreak
3GS: root - 900 + activation + open ssh - Download
3GS: root - 959 - without hacking, without sidium - Download
3G: root - 800 + activation + open ssh - Download
3G: root - 900 - without hacktivation, without sidium - Download
1. Run Redsn0w . We substitute the original 4.2.1 for it. Then we tick just enter pwned DFU mode right now.
2. After the instructions on how to enter the phone in DFU, start itunes 10.1 shift + restore and substitute our custom for it. Everything.
For 3Gs owners, if your phone does not load after the custom:
1. When you start a bitten apple and a semitransparent circle hangs in it and does not move, then we run Redsn0w and substitute 188.8.131.52 for it and tick just boot tettered - after all we see the bitten pineapple - then the download.
2. So you have learned from your own experience what a tethered jailbreak is - do this every time you turn on the phone (if you have a new boot).
!!! From myself I will add that Dev Tim advises to activate the phone with a native sim card, so that the battery charge does not go away quickly!
Made a jail 2x iPhone 3g (1 PCT and 1 American)
1) Made using pwnage 4.1.3 (for Macos) custom firmware without activation and without upgrading the modem. With side on board.
2) transferred the phone to DFU mode - PCT translated under Windows using RedSnow, Americans translated under Macos using Pwnage
3) Turned on itunes and did a restore with custom firmware
The result was a phone with a jailbreak, side on board and not activated.
It is easy and simple to activate the PCT (any SIM card and that's it), and we decided to activate American SIM with AT & T (we found people who jail and so on for iPhones and borrowed AT & T sim card for 2 minutes)
Then the American turned into an iPod, but after 10 minutes (updating sidium + installing the latest ultrasnow), it became a full-fledged iPhone.
Still worth saying that the PCT updated with 3.1.2, and Americans with 4.0. Nowhere did not raise the modem (in the PCT did not raise, in order to experiment)
Both phones work great, the owners noticed a performance boost.
So, everything turned out to be very simple.
Threat jailbreak procedure custom firmware (without upgrading the modem) for iphone 3g and iphone 3gs (with the old boot) is exactly the same.
So if you do not have an old boot and a modem up after firmware 4.0, then you can safely do it with custom firmware.
ZYY You can install custom firmware only on a phone with a jailbreak. What jail did mine does not matter.