Custom 4.2.1 for 3G and 3Gs
Firmware without upgrading the modem + jailbreak
3GS: root - 900 + activation + open ssh - Download
3GS: root - 959 - without hacking, without sidia - Download
3G: root - 800 + activation + open ssh - Download
3G: root - 900 - without hacking, without sidia - Download
1. Run Redsn0w substitute the original 4.2.1, then tick the box just enter pwned DFU mode right now.
2. After the instruction to enter the phone in DFU, run itunes 10.1 shift + restore and substitute it with our custom. All.
For 3Gs owners, if you do not have the phone loaded after the custom:
1. When launching an apple with a bite and the semi-transparent circle hanging in it and it does not move, then we start Redsn0w substituting it with ..4.2.1 and put a tick just boot tettered - after all we see an overstuffed pineapple - then load.
2. So you have learned from your own experience what a tied jailbreak is - so we do it every time we turn on the phone (if you have a new boot).
!!! From myself I will add that Dev Tim advises to activate the phone with your own SIM card, so that the battery does not go off quickly!
I made a jail 2x iPhone 3g (1 PCT and 1 American)
1) Made using pwnage 4.1.3 (under macos) custom firmware without activation and without modem enhancement. With the ship on board.
2) transferred the phone to DFU mode - the PCT translated under Windows with the help of RedSnow, the American translated into makos using Pwnage
3) Included itunes and did a custom firmware recovery
As a result, phones with jailbreak, sidia on board and not activated turned out.
PCT to activate easily and easily (any simka and all), and we decided to activate the American SIMA ATT (found people who are doing jail and so on for iPhones and they lent for 2 minutes sim card AT & T)
Then the American turned into an iPod, but after 10 minutes (updating the sidium + installing the last ultrasnow) it became a full-fledged iPhone.
Still it is necessary to say that the PCT updated from 3.1.2, and the American from 4.0. Nowhere did not raise the modem (in the PCT did not raise, for the purpose of experimentation)
Both phones work fine, the owners noticed a performance boost.
So, everything turned out to be very simple.
Threat procedure for jailbreak custom firmware (without upgrading the modem) for iphone 3g and iphone 3gs (with old bootrom) is absolutely the same.
So if you have an old boot and a modem you did not raise after firmware 4.0, then you can safely make custom firmware.
ZYY Put custom firmware can only be on the phone with a jailbreak. What did jail do not matter.