Jailbreak iOS 4.0 (4.0.1, 4.0.2), Only for iPhone 3G
So the long-awaited final version of firmware 4.0 for the iPhone came out, which, I recall, is now referred to as iOS, which is completely logical, since along with the iPhone it is also installed on devices such as the iPod Touch and iPad.
Every year, the Dev Team hacker team works faster, releasing the modem unlock in the first hours after the release of iOS 4, and the jailbreak a bit later. Involuntarily there are thoughts that not everything is so clean - the firmware is three days earlier than the sales of the new iPhone 4, an instant hack to it, it seems Steve hooked up smile.gif But it doesn't matter - there is unlock, everyone is happy! True jailbreak is available only for iPhone 3G so far , let me remind 2G is no longer supported by the company. The remaining devices will be hacked a little later, this is a matter of time.
This manual is suitable for all iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (except the MS series), regardless of whether it is European or AmericanSo, let's start the process of jailbreaking iPhone 3G, in fact, it is no different from the previous versions .
We will need:
- Installed on the computer iTunes
- Firmware 4.0 , 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 for iPhone 3G [ here are all the firmware ]
- The jailbreak tool Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3
If the desired firmware is already installed, then skip the first item.
- Open iTunes, select your phone on the left, hold down the Shift key on the keyboard and click on the Restore button. In the appeared window, select the previously downloaded firmware iOS 4.0.1 or 4.0.2. We wait...
- After the end of the flashing, close iTunes and launch redsn0w
- Click the Browse button (Browse), select the previously downloaded firmware iOS 4.0 ( Yes, it is 4.0 ) and click Next (Next)
- The process begins, after which, in the window that appears, select the packages to be installed.
Put a tick in front of Cydia and optionally in front of other items:
- Enable multitasking - activate multitasking
- Enable homescreen wallpaper - activate wallpaper on the slave. table
- Enable battery percentage - add battery charge in percent
- Next, you need to transfer your device to DFU mode. To do this, hold down the Power + Home for 10 seconds, then release the Power button, continuing to hold Home until the screen turns white.
- The jailbreak process will start, which will pass pretty quickly.
- If instead of the Cydia icon you see a white rectangle, add the http://apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7 repository to Cydia and reboot
For all Europeans, you can enjoy the device with the new iOS 4, but the locked one still needs to install an unlock modem for this:
- Open Cydia and update everything that asks
- Add repo666.ultrasn0w.com repository
- Search find and install ultrasn0w 0.9.3
After reboot, our device can call!