Jailbreak iOS 4.0 (4.0.1, 4.0.2), Only for iPhone 3G
Here comes the long-awaited final version of the firmware 4.0 for the iPhone, which, I recall, is now called iOS, which is quite logical, because in addition to the iPhone it is installed on other devices such as iPod Touch and iPad.
Every year, the team of hackers Dev Team is working faster, releasing the unlock modem in the first hours after the release of iOS 4, and jailbreak a little later. Involuntarily there are thoughts that not everything is so clean - the firmware for three days before the sale of the new iPhone 4 instant break-in to it, it seems Steve and then podsobil smile.gif But it does not matter - unlock is, everyone is happy! True jailbreak is available so far only for iPhone 3G , I will remind 2G is no longer supported by the company. The rest of the device will be hacked a little later, it's a matter of time.
This manual is suitable for all iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (except MS series), regardless of whether he is European or AmericanSo, let's begin the process of jailbreaking iPhone 3G, in fact, it is no different from the previous versions .
- Installed on iTunes
- Firmware 4.0 , 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 for iPhone 3G [ here are all firmware ]
- The utility for jailbreaking Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3
If the desired firmware is already installed, then skip the first item.
- Open iTunes, select your phone from the left, hold down the Shift key on the keyboard and click Restore . In the appeared window, select the previously downloaded iOS 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 firmware. We wait...
- After the end of the flashing, close iTunes and run redsn0w
- Click the Browse button, select the previously downloaded iOS 4.0 firmware ( Yes, exactly 4.0 ) and click Next.
- The process will begin, upon completion of which, in the window that appears, select the packages to install.
Put a tick in front of Cydia and at will opposite other items:
- Enable multitasking - activate multitasking
- Enable homescreen wallpaper - activate the wallpaper on the slave. table
- Enable battery percentage - add battery power as a percentage
- Next, you need to transfer your device to DFU mode. To do this, hold Power + Home for 10 seconds, then release the Power button, continuing to hold Home until the screen turns white.
- The process of jailbreaking will begin, which will take place quite quickly
- If you see a white rectangle instead of the Cydia icon, add the http://apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7 repository to Cydia and reboot
For Europeans everything, you can enjoy the device with a brand new iOS 4, but it's still necessary to install an unlock modem, for this:
- Open Cydia and update all that asks
- Add repository repo666.ultrasn0w.com
- Search and find ultrasn0w 0.9.3
After rebooting our device can call!