Jailbreak iOS 6 beta on iPhone and iPod touch using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1
Two days after the hacker group iPhone Dev Team reported on the successful jailbreak of iOS 6 beta, a public exploit appeared on the Web. The special assembly Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 allows you to jailbreak iOS 6 for devices on the A4 chip - iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G and iPhone 3GS.
Before proceeding to the description of working with Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1, we note a few key points:
- currently jailbreak iOS 6 tethered;
- jailbreak iOS 6 using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 does not lead to the installation of the Cydia store;
- iOS 6 jailbreak is only compatible with A4 devices;
- hacking is not supported.
Despite the fact that Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 does provide root access to the iPhone and iPod touch on the iOS 6 operating system, the program does not install Cydia. This release, as hackers note, is intended primarily for testing jailbreakers by developers.
How to jailbreak iOS 6 beta on iPhone and iPod touch
Step 2 : Unzip the file and move the program to a suitable location.
Step 3 : Download the iOS 6 beta file for your version of iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from here . Install iOS 6 on your iDevice according to our instructions: using UDID and without a developer account .
Step 4 : Launch Redsn0w and go to Extras -> Select IPSW.
Step 5 : Specify the iOS 6 beta firmware file in the window.
Step 6 : On the main screen, click the Jailbreak button.
Step 7 : Redsn0w is ready to jailbreak iOS 6, but before that you need to put the device into DFU mode according to the instructions:
- Hold the lock button for 3 seconds.
- Without releasing the lock button, press the main button for 10 seconds.
- While holding the main button, release the lock button.
- Continue to hold the button for 30 seconds, after which Redsn0w will start the procedure.
- When you see a gray background on the screen, the button can be released.
Step 8 : Since the iOS 6 jailbreak is currently tied, each time you restart the iOS device, you will have to connect it to the computer and put it in jailbreak mode using the special Redsn0w function. In order to download iPhone or iPod touch in tethered mode, go to the “Extras” section and click on the “Just boot” button. Next, repeat the procedure with DFU mode.