Jailbreak iOS 6 beta on iPhone and iPod touch using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1
Two days after the iPhone Dev Team hacker group reported on the successful jailbreak of iOS 6 beta, a public exploit appeared on the Web. The special build Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 allows you to jailbreak iOS 6 for devices on the A4 chip - iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G and iPhone 3GS.
Before proceeding to the description of working with Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1, we note several key points:
- iOS 6 jailbreak is currently bound;
- iOS 6 jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 does not install Cydia;
- iOS 6 jailbreak is compatible only with devices on the A4 chip;
- hacking is not supported.
Despite the fact that Redsn0w 0.9.13dev1 really opens up root access to the iPhone and iPod touch on the iOS 6 operating system, the program does not install Cydia. This release, as noted by hackers, is intended primarily for testing jailbreak developers.
How to jailbreak iOS 6 beta on iPhone and iPod touch
Step 2 : Unzip the file and move the program to a suitable place.
Step 3 : Download the iOS 6 beta file for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch version from here . Install iOS 6 on your iDevice, according to our instructions: using UDID and without a developer account .
Step 4 : Launch Redsn0w and go to Extras -> Select IPSW.
Step 5 : Indicate the iOS 6 beta firmware file in the window.
Step 6 : On the main screen, click the Jailbreak button.
Step 7 : Redsn0w is ready for iOS 6 jailbreak, but before that you need to put the device into DFU mode according to the instructions:
- Hold the lock button for 3 seconds.
- Without releasing the lock button, press the main button for 10 seconds.
- While holding the main button, release the lock button.
- Continue to hold the button for 30 seconds, after which Redsn0w will begin the procedure.
- When you see a gray background on the screen, the button can be released.
Step 8 : Since iOS 6 jailbreak is currently tied, every time you restart your iOS device, you will have to connect it to your computer and put it into jailbreak mode using the special Redsn0w function. To download an iPhone or iPod touch in tethered mode, go to the “Extras” section and click the “Just boot” button. Then repeat the procedure with the DFU mode.