How to make a ringtone for iPhone in iTunes from under Windows
You can make ringtones for iPhone using special programs, for example, free iRinger, or you can use iTunes.
However, when making a ringtone from the melody purchased in iTunes Store, you will be offered to buy it for $ 0.99.
But the ringtone from a song not protected by DMR can be made absolutely free, using a little trick.
Mac users have the opportunity to make ringtones using the GarageBand program.
For Windows, such an application did not produce Apple.
However, making a ringtone with the help of iTunes will not take much time.
If you just click on a song that you did not purchase in iTunes but downloaded from your own music library and right-click on "Create Ringtone", you will receive a message stating that you can create ringtones from songs purchased from the iTunes Store.
To circumvent this prohibition, the procedure should be as follows:
- Right-click on the title of the song and select the "Information" menu.
- In the window that appears, select the "Parameters" tab and mark the start and end time of the ringtone fragment so that it does not exceed 30 seconds. Click OK.
- Right click again on the same file and select: "Create version for AAC format".
- If the conversion process has started, then this file is not DRM protected, otherwise you will receive the following message:
- If you do not see the option "Create version for AAS format" go to Edit / Settings / General / Import settings and set the "Importer" parameter to "AAS Encoder".
- Now find the converted file with the .m4a extension in the My Documents / My Music / iTunes / iTunes Music / Artist Name / Album Name / folder. If the song was uploaded to iTunes as a separate file, the path should be: My Documents / My Music / iTunes / iTunes Music / Artist / Album /. Copy the found file to any other folder and change the extension to .m4r (the standard extension for iPhone ringtones). Double-click on the modified file and it will automatically appear in iTunes in the "Ringtones" section. Now you can sync it with iPhone.
- After the performed operations in the "Music" section, a file with the same name converted into .m4a format will also appear. It can be deleted, and a new file can be distinguished from the original by duration.