How to make a ringtone for iPhone in iTunes from under Windows
You can make ringtones for iPhone using special programs, for example, free iRinger, or you can use iTunes.
However, when making a ringtone from the melody purchased in iTunes Store, you will be offered to buy it for $ 0.99.
But the ringtone from a song not protected by DMR can be made absolutely free, using a little trick.
Mac users have the opportunity to make ringtones using the GarageBand program.
For Windows, such an application did not produce Apple.
However, making a ringtone with the help of iTunes will not take much time.
If you just click on a song that you did not purchase in iTunes but downloaded from your own music library and right-click on "Create Ringtone", you will receive a message stating that you can create ringtones from songs purchased from the iTunes Store.
To circumvent this prohibition, the procedure should be as follows:
- Right-click on the title of the song and select the "Information" menu.
- In the window that appears, select the "Parameters" tab and mark the start and end time of the ringtone fragment so that it does not exceed 30 seconds. Click OK.
- Right click again on the same file and select: "Create version for AAC format".
- If the conversion process has started, then this file is not DRM protected, otherwise you will receive the following message:
- If you do not see the option "Create version for AAC format" go to Edit / Settings / General / Import settings and set "Importer" to "AAS Encoder".
- Now find the converted file with the .m4a extension in the My Documents / My Music / iTunes / iTunes Music / Artist Name / Album Name / folder. If the song was uploaded to iTunes as a separate file, the path should be: My Documents / My Music / iTunes / iTunes Music / Artist / Album /. Copy the found file to any other folder and change the extension to .m4r (the standard extension for iPhone ringtones). Double click with the left mouse button on the modified file and it will automatically appear in iTunes in the "Ringtones" section. Now you can sync it with iPhone.
- After the done operations in the "Music" section, a file with the same name converted into .m4a format will also appear. It can be deleted, and a new file can be distinguished from the original by duration.