WinPwn 2 [Unlock iPhone 2.0 Manual] + Video
1. Create a folder on your desktop called "Pwnage", which will contain the following files: Winpwn 220.127.116.11, BL-39.bin, BL-46.bin and firmware 2.0 :
For the first generation iPhone:
For iPhone 3G:
Files BL-39.bin, BL-46.bin can be downloaded here !
The latest version of WinPwn can be downloaded here !
2. Unzip the archive and run the WinPwn installation. After installation, the WinPwn icon will appear on your desktop, click on it to launch the program.
3. When WinPwn opens, click on the "Browse .ipsw" button
4. Enter the address to the file with firmware 2.0 (iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw), which lies in the "Pwnage" folder and click "Open."
5. When WinPwn checks the firmware, click on the "IPSW Builder" button.
6. The "IPSW Builder" window will open and put three checkboxes on the "Applications" tab (do not put a checkmark in front of YouTube Fix if you have an AT & T operator).
7. Open the next tab "Custom Images". Here you can put "Boot Image" and "Restore Image".
8. Open the next "Custom Payload" tab. Here you can choose "Payloads".
9. Open the next tab "Advanced". Here choose "Activate Phone", "Enable Baseband update" and "Unlock baseband".
It is necessary to download the files "Bootloader". To do this, click on the button "Bootloader 3.9" and select the file "BL-39.bin" from the folder "Pwnage". And also click on the "Bootloader 4.6" button and select the file "BL-46.bin" from the "Pwnage" folder.
10. Click on the "Build .ipsw" button in the lower left corner to create your own firmware file. Select the "Pwnage" folder and click on "Save."
11. When saving is finished, click on the "iPwner" button in the Main Menu of the program.
12. Select the firmware file you just created and click on the "Open" button.
13. A window will open that tells you that "Your iTunes has been Pwned!"
14. Switch the iPhone to DFU mode (recovery mode): hold Sleep / Wake and Home for 10 seconds. The screen goes out. Release the Sleep / Wake button. Continue to hold the Home button for another 10 seconds and iTunes will detect the iPhone in recovery mode, which will be seen from the window that appears. ITunes and cable icons will appear on the iPhone. We connect the phone to the computer. Run iTunes.
15. iTunes will give you a window that the iPhone is in recovery mode.
Hold down the "Shift" and click the "Restore" button in iTunes.
A window will open in which you will need to select the firmware file that you created in WinPwn and saved in the "Pwnage" folder and click on "Open."
When the recovery process is over you will receive an iPhone in which "Unlock" and "Jailbreak" will already be executed!
iPhone FirmWare 2.0 [FAQ]
After switching to firmware 2.0 and 2.0.1, some errors began to occur. Consider the most popular of them and analyze the solution of these problems.
Problem : Mail.app crashes.
Solution : This is due to the synchronization of the backup from iTunes. Access rights are not set correctly. The simplest solution is to run the BossPrefs program and click on "More" => "Fix user dir permissions". Then restart the iPhone.
Problem : I have a contract with the operator and the iPhone works without activation. I made a jailbreak and I got an error that there is no signal.
Solution : This is due to the fact that you have activated the iPhone through additional programs. You need to reflash the phone for a new one, but do not select the Activate iPhone item.
Problem : I had an unlocked iPhone 2G. I installed firmware 2.0 and now the iPhone does not see the SIM.
Solution : You did not activate the iPhone. Reflash the phone, this time choosing the "activate" item.
Problem : Winpwn cannot create custom IPSW firmware. An error occurs.
Solution : It is recommended to increase the root partition to about 550mb. This can be done on the last tab IPSWBuilder.
Problem : I can not install custom firmware. Errors 6, 1, 2 and below appear.
Solution : There may be many reasons for this. First, make sure the iPhone is in DFU mode (recovery mode). Alternative method: delete the x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw file in the iTunes folder. Also make sure that the original firmware was for your model. (The firmware on the iPhone 3G, iPhone 2G and iPod Touch are different).
Problem : Applications from the App Store do not start.
Solution : Remove applications from iPhone and iTunes and sync in a new way.
Problem : I have already restored the iPhone from backup (backup) after the firmware upgrade, but iTunes suggests again restoring the iPhone from backup.
Solution : Choose not to restore from backup, but to create a new iPhone. All data must remain and the error will no longer crawl out.
Problem : I have problems with the Installer.
Solution : Installer 4 is on Beta testing, i.e. his work is not stable yet. Use Cydia for now.
Problem : I did not install Cydia, but only Installer. I can not install either Cydia or applications.
Solution : The only solution is to reflash the iPhone with Cydia installed.
Problem : Cydia crashes and doesn’t work!
Solution : The firmware got crooked. Flip the iPhone.
Problem : Pwnage cannot download any packages.
Solution : Skip this item. Then download everything you need from Cydia.
Problem : I have an iPhone 2G. I need to unlock it, but the jackdaws next to the "bootneuter settings" are gray, and I can't choose them. Why?
Solution : You chose the firmware for iPhone 3G, not for iPhone 2G. Download the firmware that suits you.
Problem : After installing the application, the “daisy” is spinning for a long time.
Solution : SpringBoard on firmware 2.0 is very slow. It may take 5-10 minutes before the application is installed.
Problem : I am in recovery mode (DFU mode). I get the errors: 1604, 1602, 1601 (160x). What to do?!
Solution : No definitive answer. You can try the following:
1. Make sure that you are using the appropriate firmware.
2. Restart the computer. Try again.
3. Try on another computer.
4. Try another USB port.
5. Reinstall the latest version of iTunes.