How to save gas and heat?
First of all, gas is, of course, heating our houses and apartments. How can it be saved?
Need to keep warm!
To do this, it is necessary to carry out very simple, and sometimes very simple and inexpensive measures to implement:
1. Between the battery and the wall of the house, arrange special boards made of fiberboard, plywood or plain cardboard with a laminated backing and wrapped in aluminum foil on the side of the battery so that precious heat does not go into the wall of the house. Moreover, the shield bending should preferably go to the front edge of the window sill directly above the battery so that heat would not go into it either.
2. It is necessary to ensure the free heat removal from the heating batteries (to remove the curtains if they interfere with the heat fluxes, check whether the decorative grilles on the batteries interfere with the heat removal, etc.) It must be remembered that the heat rises first. You can increase the efficiency of the radiators by providing them with easy blowing, for example with a low-power fan. You can buy it at any computer store (37-75 rubles, but in this case the fan will be 12 volts and you will need another power supply, another 50-70 rubles, to which several fans can be connected in parallel). They practically do not create noise if they are well fixed.
3. For the winter, tightly seal the windows and close all the cracks in them. Clog the slots with cotton, silicone. And it is advisable to install plastic windows and doors. But do not forget! Full sealing should not be! Ventilation is also necessary.
4. Sheathe the “coldest” (maybe thinner) walls, even with the most inexpensive gypsum board, to lay from one to three layers of the substrate under it under a laminate or other good heat-moisture-insulating material. In addition, the wall can be insulated with any other insulation.
5. If in one of the rooms it is much hotter than in others, do not open the window to remove heat, but either wrap the battery in a blanket or under a laminate flooring, or install a temperature-regulating mechanism on the battery. Thermostatic mechanisms are both automatic and manual. Automatic installation is advisable after consultation with a good specialist in heating systems. For two-pipe heating systems, it will be necessary to arrange a bypass to organize a thermostat. Details can be found in the store selling accessories for heating.
6. If the heating boiler, expansion tank or boiler is located in the basement, loggia or other cool room without additional heating, they must be additionally thermally insulated. In any case, the boiler must be insulated and it is very advisable to use foil in addition to the insulating materials, that is, to create the effect of a thermos. It is also necessary to insulate at least two meters all metal pipes outgoing from the boiler (if polypropylene pipes it will be enough to insulate 50-70 centimeters of the pipe).
7. An important factor is the correct operation of the automation on the boiler.
Applying these simple rules will save you 10-50% on heating costs. We recommend paying attention to this !!!