Tricks that will help stop smoking once and for all
Once I had a firm decision to say goodbye to smoking. I fully realized that this habit does not make me better. After a couple of weeks of my abstinence from cigarettes, I met a friend. She asked me: "You do not smoke anymore? For real? And what, you do not even dream of cigarettes? "And then I realized that I had already dreamed of it several times in a short time, like I was taking a puff! This fact further strengthened me in the idea that dependence on nicotine is a dependence of consciousness, and not of the physical body.
To part with smoking, you need to understand what motivates you to do this. What do you like more: light a fire, smell smoke, cough and suffer from bad breath, examine your teeth in a mirror, conduct conversations in a smoke break, scatter lighters and ashtrays everywhere? Everyone finds something of their own, smoking is a kind of hobby. If you do not know what to do, smoke, do not know what to say, smoke; You want to eat, but nothing - smoke.
Tobacco is useless, it quenches nicotine craving, which he himself creates. If you smoke for the first time in your life or after a long break, you will not feel anything other than disgusting sensations. Dizziness, nausea, unpleasant taste in the mouth - something that will catch up with you after a smoked cigarette. Only experienced smokers understand this strange pleasure, and the more difficult it is for them to refuse it. In addition, tobacco companies are not asleep, advertising is doing its job, not allowing people to come to consciousness and make an informed choice, on which they depend. As for me, it is better to develop in oneself dependence on more pleasant and profitable things than smoking ...
If you decide not to smoke, be prepared, that it's easy. You just need to.
Defeating this dependence is as easy as acquiring it.
1. Note on the calendar when you decided to stop smoking. Make a mark in 14 days - at the end of this period you will become free from cigarettes.
2. Motivate yourself. Make a list that will convince anyone to quit smoking. It's so profitable! Saving time, money and health monitoring.
3. In the first week of adaptation to a new lifestyle you can still smoke. Under one condition: keep records of smoked cigarettes, recording when, how much and why you smoke. Be honest with yourself.
4. Look for support where you most like to receive it: in the company of friends, on the Internet, among colleagues. Tell everyone that you quit smoking and ask for help. Believers are helped very well by prayer. Meditation is another way to adjust your thoughts to a positive outcome of an event, with the help of meditation you can quit smoking in a couple of days.
5. Every day, reduce the number of cigarettes smoked until they disappear completely . Dokuri last pack and do not buy anymore.
6. Breathe deeply, drink plenty of water, eat healthy food. All this will help your body recover and overcome the nicotine addiction.
7. Headache, insomnia, nervous overexcitation, cough, lethargy ... There can be many symptoms of withdrawal, up to a depressive state. Be ready for this and do not go on about the tricky nicotine. Calm yourself that all these torments will soon end. Pamper yourself with pleasant things every day, whether it's a warm bath or an exotic cuisine dish. You can come up with a lot of things.
8. Used to smoke when you are nervous? Do not know where to put your hands and what to do with your mouth? Look for an alternative! For example, chew on an apple when you want to smoke - a more worthy addiction. Many advise lollipops and sweets, antistress balls and other trifles. Everyone chooses for himself what he likes. But it's best to replace smoking with interesting things and useful food.
9. Write a short story about your achievements. The story can be published in social networks, you will be surprised by the sudden support of different people!
10. If you do not smoke for a couple of days, make yourself a present. Glad yourself with something nice, because you deserve it.
11. Do physical exercises, dance to rhythmic music. Fun for any occasion! In a word, try to feel the taste for life without smoking.
12. If you have an irresistible desire to smoke, take a deep breath. Close your eyes, touch your ears, head. Open your eyes and look around. Where are you? What are you going to do? Why do you need to smoke now? The higher your level of awareness and sober perception of reality, the more chances you have to say goodbye to the illusory world of imposed needs. When you want to smoke, the consumer says in you. Show him what your willpower is capable of.
13. Find the positive side in changing your habits! For example, write down what useful things you spent money saved on cigarettes this month.
14. Refuse to offer a smoke. It's very difficult, I know. The ability to firmly refuse should be developed. Imagine that instead of a cigarette, now you are given a magic aromatic stick that can change the course of your life, and not for the better. Self-expression is a great thing.
15. Walk in the fresh air, enjoy the views. Refusal to smoke will change you, do not be surprised, you will notice what was previously unavailable.
16. Do not give up, you will get what you dream about. Imagine the image of a non-smoking, healthy, successful person, imagine yourself at the top of the world. These experiments with consciousness will help you develop, your dreams can easily become a reality!
17. Add aromatic spices to your food, everywhere you bring tea with spices and lemon in a small thermos. This tea will save you more than once in the most stressful situations, when you want to smoke. Just drink a little and calm down. The method is win-win and works fine, be sure to check.
There are so many beautiful things in the world! To replace smoking with another addiction is very easy. Choose one that not only does not harm your health, but it will be useful to you. Sports, photography, yoga, cooking, wood crafts ... Any of these activities is much better than smoking. However, you yourself know it perfectly well. Do not be lazy to improve yourself right now! Leave the society of active cigarette consumers with a light heart and a joyful heart.