LinguaLeo.ru - online online service for learning and practicing English in an exciting way.
For 6 years, Lingualeo has managed to become the most popular online service in the CIS for English language learners and enter the Brazilian and Turkish markets.
Today, the service registered more than 13 million users. They learn the language not only on the site, but also with the help of mobile applications (iPhone, Android and Windows Phone) and extensions for popular browsers. Mastering interesting topics and completing quests, the user receives additional points, new titles and monitors progress in real time.
LinguaLeo is a startup, launched on March 1, 2010. The audience is about 140 000 people. 82% of all visits are permanent users of the service. The service is popular not only in Russia, but also in Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Turkey and Brazil.
The project became the winner of the competition BIT-2011, as a result of which a deal with a venture investor Runa Capital for $ 3 million took place.
In May 2011 PRUFFI included LinguaLeo in the list of the 30 most promising teams of Runet. December 8, 2011 at the "Startup of the Year" award LinguaLeo entered the final of the category "Global startup" and won in the "Choice of viewers" nomination.
The status of the project is confirmed by numerous awards (laureate of the "Cloud-2012" award, laureate of the "Startup of the Year-2011" award, winner of the "Soft of the Year 2011" competition, etc.)
Web Service Features:
- A collection of audio and video materials for every taste, created by native speakers (films, dialogs, texts, clips, etc.);
- Interactive grammatical and video courses;
- Personal dictionary with personal associations, transcription and voice acting to every word;
- Effective training: word translation, word constructor, crosswords, listening, vocabulary;
- Learning the language together with other users of the service: activity monitoring, news feed, pride leader, etc .;
- A clear interface and tooltips allow the user to easily navigate the possibilities of the service and start learning;
- Users can enjoy free versions of mobile applications, which makes learning the language even more mobile: an application for the iPhone, an application for WinPhone;
- Extensions LinguaLeo for browsers allows you to listen, translate and add English words and phrases from the pages to your personal dictionary (Chrome version, toolbar and Yandex.Bar for FireFox and IE).