LinguaLeo.ru is an interactive online service for learning and practicing English in a fun way.
For 6 years, Lingualeo has managed to become the most popular online service for learners of English in the CIS and enter the Brazilian and Turkish markets.
Today, the service has more than 13 million registered users. They learn the language not only on the site, but also with the help of mobile applications (iPhone, Android and Windows Phone) and extensions for popular browsers. Mastering interesting topics and completing quests, the user gets additional points, new ranks and monitors progress in real time.
LinguaLeo is a startup that was launched on March 1, 2010. The daily audience is about 140,000 people. 82% of all visits are regular users of the service. The service is popular not only in Russia, but also in Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Turkey and Brazil.
The project became the winner of the BIT-2011 competition, which resulted in a deal with venture investor Runa Capital for $ 3 million.
In May 2011, PRUFFI entered LinguaLeo into the list of 30 most promising Runet teams. December 8, 2011 at the “Startup of the Year” award, LinguaLeo reached the final of the “Global Startup” nomination and won in the “Choice of the Viewers” nomination.
The project status is confirmed by numerous awards (laureate of the “Clouds-2012” award, laureate of the “Startup of the year-2011” award, winner of the “Soft of the year 2011” contest, etc.)
Web service features:
- Collection of audio and video materials for every taste created by native speakers (films, dialogues, texts, clips, etc.);
- Interactive grammar and video courses;
- Personal dictionary with personal associations, transcriptions and voice acting for each word;
- Effective training: translation of words, word constructor, crosswords, listening, vocabulary cards;
- Learning a language together with other users of the service: activity monitoring, news feed, leader of pride, etc .;
- The user-friendly interface and tooltips allow the user to easily navigate the possibilities of the service and start learning;
- Free versions of mobile applications are available to users, which makes learning a language even more mobile: an application for iPhone, an application for WinPhone;
- Browser extensions LinguaLeo allows you to listen, translate and add English words and phrases from pages to your personal dictionary (version for Chrome, toolbar and Yandex.Bar for FireFox and IE).