Programs for promotion and promotion of sites
Promotion is understood as a set of marketing activities aimed at increasing the share of a product, service, company or brand that they occupy on the market; output of goods on the market; increase their recognition; Attraction of new clients. In practical marketing, there are many ways to promote. Conditionally they can be divided into two categories: traditional marketing and Internet marketing.
In the first category, several groups of promotion methods can be distinguished: advertising in traditional media (press, radio and television), outdoor advertising, public relations, organizing various events (exhibitions, tastings, sales, promotions, lotteries, etc.) various presentation handouts (booklets, catalogs, etc.).
Tools used for promotion can be divided into two essentially separate and, at the same time, not self-sufficient groups: advertising and providing information. Advertising refers to activities aimed at attracting primary attention of market participants; to providing information - the target of such attention: one or another medium of information.
For example, an ad in a magazine is the provision of information, and the very existence of the necessary magazine and its circulation is advertising.
Internet marketing is a relatively new phenomenon, and therefore it is correctly classified as a separate category. In this case, promotion means actions such as: contextual advertising, search engine optimization, targeted advertising, blogging, RSS feeds, social networks, etc.
The ways to achieve the best progress can go beyond ethical and legal boundaries. Such methods include spam and the use of administrative resources.
For example, for a successful promotion of a company on the Internet, it is first necessary to create a high-quality website containing detailed and well-answered answers to possible questions of interested persons; and then - attract people to it with the help of Internet marketing tools, that is, in this case: the site is the target, and Internet marketing tools are advertising.
Promotion includes activities both to stimulate sales and to form demand.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a set of measures for internal and external optimization, for raising the position of the site in the results of the search engines on certain user requests, in order to increase the network traffic (for information resources) and potential customers (for commercial resources) and subsequent monetization (revenue generation) of this traffic.
Usually, the higher the position of the site in the search results, the more interested visitors will go to it from the search engines. When analyzing the effectiveness of search engine optimization, the cost of the target visitor is estimated taking into account the time of withdrawal of the site to specified positions and site conversion.
Promotion of the site - a set of measures to ensure the attendance of the site by targeted visitors. Target visitors are potential consumers who are interested in purchasing goods or services presented on the promoted website.
Ways (channels) for website promotion
There are a lot of channels for attracting visitors to the Internet. The main among them are the following:
- Search engine optimization - optimization of the site in order to obtain high rankings in the search engine on the basis of queries that correspond to the subject matter of the site;
- Contextual advertising - showing ads to users who are interested in them at the moment;
- Media advertising - the display of advertising banners on sites;
- Industry and price-aggregators - are sites with catalogs of goods from different companies;
- Targeted advertising in social networks allows you to display advertisements in accordance with the demographic characteristics and personal interests of the user;
- Partnership programs;
- Video advertising and mobile advertising are still used by companies as a test channel, but gradually gaining momentum, especially mobile advertising, whose growth rates, according to various estimates, exceed 40% per year;
- Email marketing - useful mailings by e-mail to users who gave this voluntary consent;
- Content marketing - attracting users by publishing useful content;
- SMM - the creation of a loyal audience in social networks through the publication of useful information and communication with potential consumers.