Hacking PlayStation 3 (PS3) + Original EBOOT.BIN
The site ps3-hacks.com has pleased us with incredible news! - A firmware was released that allows you to run backups of all games, with full access to PSN, installing official updates, not requiring a USB dongle or creating a PKG.
- 1. Update your console to the official FW 3.55.
2. Copy the contents of the folder "Kmeaw CFW tools" to the root of the flash media, connect it to the console, then in KhMV select "System Update" -> "Update from Media" and install the update.
3. After installing the update, go to the Install Package Files and install the utility "lv2 patcher".
Now every time you start the system, you need to run the "lv2 patcher" in order for the managers to work. They say MultiMan does not launch all games with this firmware. I advise you to use Rogero Manager, which is also included in this distribution. Most games work with him.
Added: After launching "lv2 patcher", the console may start to hang from time to time in the HMB and PS Store. This is due to the fact that the utility is based on PL3, which is known for its random hangs. Accordingly, it is advisable to run the utility immediately before launching the games. According to reviews, in games, hangs are extremely rare.
Also, one (1) user from the psx-scene.com forum stated that the console of his friend (Fat - 40 GB - CECHG04) was turned off and stopped working half an hour after launching the "lv2 patcher". This is still the only such case on this firmware.
CONCLUSION: If you are afraid for your console or do not want to hang, do not run the "lv2 patcher". The firmware itself has nothing to do with it, because it does not make any changes to the lvl2 memory. It is possible that the utility will soon be rewritten under hermes v4 and made more reliable.
The "lv2 patcher" utility can sometimes hang the console. This is normal, do not be afraid. It is treated by reboot.
Added: Games with modified EBOOT.BIN may not work with this firmware. Rogero Manager can restore them, but not always successfully. In the case of such games, I advise you to first try to run as is, answering "No" to the question of changing the file. If the game does not start, then look for the original EBOOT.BIN
Instructions (I strongly recommend reading to the end, and then again ):
- 1. Download and install the official PS3 Firmware 3.55 Update from Sony:
PS3 Firmware 3.55 Update [ ? ] [ ] [ ] [ PS3 Hacks ]
2. Download and put over it kmeaw CFW 3.55 Patched PUP :
kmeaw CFW 3.55 Patched PUP [ ? ] [ ] [ ] [ PS3-Hacks ]
3. Through the menu "Install pkg files" that appeared in XMB, we put the last Gaia 2.06 (from the archive, select UP0001-GAIA01985_00-7679866932773369-GAMEZ.pkg):
Gaia Manager v2.06 [ ? ] [ ] [ ] [ PS3-Hacks ]
Official updates for games can be installed not just, but necessary .
Tested today on PS3 fat on games:
- 1. Gran Turismo 5!
2. Assassin's Creed III (and network game as well!)
3. Little Big Planet GOTY
4. EyePet Move Edition (with loading content from EyePet Shop)
Important! What OFW 3.55, what kmeaw CFW 3.55 Patched PUP is set through the Recovery Menu! Otherwise, it will say that it is not necessary to update, they say the latest firmware is worth it. Also, to run the game you need the original EBOOT.BIN files (below on the page) ...
How to enter Recovery Menu?
- 1. Turn off the PS3 from the front panel (standby mode, a red light is on).
2. Clamp the power on the front panel, wait a bit, the PS3 turns on and then turns off.
3. Let go and immediately hold down the power.
4. PS3 will emit a single squeak, immediately behind it is a quick double "peak-to-peak".
5. We release the power and we catch the gamepad with a USB-cord.
6. In the menu that appears, select the last item "Update system".
7. Insert the USB-drive with the following folder structure: "/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP" , where PS3UPDAT.PUP is the file with the firmware (OFW 3.55 for the first time before full installation, kmeaw CFW 3.55 Patched PUP for the second time).
- 1. Patch from Geohot'a do not need to put more.
2. Now you have to play again with the inserted license disc.
3. I prefer this FTP server: PS3 FTP Server v1.2 for 3.55 - PS3-Hacks :: PS3 FTP Server v1.2 for 3.55
4. If suddenly Gaia Manager is not running, install and run this fix: PS3-Hacks :: Fix Permissions
And even though today I checked all these steps and personally flashed my PS3, and then wrote this instruction, just in case, I remind you: you do it at your own peril and risk!
[PS3] Original EBOOT.BIN files
Year of release: 2011
Region: Region Free
Drive Code: Does not have
Boot from media: External and Internal HDD
Interface language: Multi
Type of translation: Original
Firmware: 3.55 waninkoko's / Kmeaw
Description: Original EBOOT.BIN files.
COD Modern Warfare 2 (BLES00683)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands BLES00906
GoW 3 [EU]
Available EBOOT.BIN files:
| Dead Rising 2 [BLES00948]
Demon's Souls [BLUS30443]
Start the Party [BCES00969]
Sports Champions [BCES00795]
Skate 3 [EU] [BLES-00760]
God Of War III [BCUS98111]
assassin's creed Brotherhood [BLES00910]
call of duty black ops [BLES01031]
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 [EU]
Mass Effect 2 [BLES01133]
| ruse [BLUS30478]
Two worlds II [BLES00845]
nfs hot pursuit [BLES00949]
Gran turismo 5 [EU] [BCES-00569]
Enslaved [EU] [BLES-00989]
Colin McRae Dirt 2 [EU] [BLES00673]
Little Big Planet 2 [USA] [BCUS98245]
Splatterhouse [EU] [BLES01120]
PS: if you have origami which we don’t have, then don’t be cruel and share with us ^ _ ^
Original EBOOT.BIN files for PS3 [ ] [ ]