Beautiful 3D logo in Photoshop
We will draw a beautiful and attractive three-dimensional (3D) logo in Photoshop, which can be used either on the website or when creating wallpaper for the desktop ...
From the title of the lesson, everything is clear - today I will tell you how to draw a beautiful logo in Photoshop, but not the usual one, but the volumetric, 3D.
You can use it for completely different purposes, for example, you can place it on the header of the site (make the background more authentic) or make beautiful desktop wallpapers in this way.
In any case, by drawing it, you will understand how volume objects are drawn in Photoshop.
Beautiful logo in Photoshop
1. Create a new image with the size of 460x438 px, create a new layer and fill it with any color (using the Paint Bucket Tool ):
2. Now we color our layer, which will serve as our background. To do this, click on the layer with the right button (on the layers panel) and select the Blending Options item, in it go to the Gradient Overlay tab and set the following parameters (in red numbers I indicated hexadecimal color codes):
Click Ok and get such a nice background:
3. Now choose the font you like (preferably simpler and fatter), set the font size more (about 250 pt), any color, and write any letter (I wrote the letter S - the first letter of my nickname):
4. Set the opacity of the layer with the letter equal to 85% (the opacity of all subsequent layers belonging to our volumetric letter should also be equal to 85%). Go to the Blending Options layer with the letter and on the Inner Shadow tab (inner shadow) set the following options:
5. Now go to the Inner Glow tab (internal glow) and do there like this:
6. And on the Gradient Overlay tab, let's do it like this:
This is how the gradient settings look like (to open such a window - click on the strip with a gradient; to add additional small squares to specify the color - just click on the place where you want to do it):
7. And now we will open the last tab - Stroke , and there we will do as I have:
Click Ok and get this letter:
8. Create a copy of the layer with the letter (to do this, drag the layer with the letter to the icon to create the layer or click on the layer with the right key and select Duplicate Layer ) and move it slightly to the left and quite a bit down:
9. You recognize the first outlines of a volumetric letter - and soon I will try to turn them into a rather beautiful logo ... And in order to make the figure even more voluminous, let's connect the tops of both letters with white lines. To do this, select the Line Tool tool and draw such lines in white:
10. You might think that this is all, and here it is not ... Our volumetric letter has only front and back sides. Let's eliminate this shortcoming. Hold down the Ctrl key and click on the layer with the front side of the letter:
11. And now, without releasing Ctrl , hold down Alt and click on the layer with the back side of our volume letter:
12. Some corners of the figure remained unselected. To do this, select the Polygonal Lasso Tool and select the unaffected parts (so that the past selection does not disappear, hold down the Shift key ):
13. Good. Now create a new layer between the layers from the back and front (front) parts of the figure and fill the selection with any color:
14. Now apply the same effects to the layer we just created, which we applied to the layers with the front and back sides of the letter. This is done very simply. Right-click on the layer with the back side of the solid shape and select Copy Layer Style , then right-click on the layer to which we want to apply effects, and select Paste Layer Style :
15. This we have created the left side of the future volumetric logo. Now we need to create the right one ... What we are doing is: hold down the Ctrl key and click on the layer with the back side of the shape, then we press Alt in addition to the Ctrl key and click on the layer with the front side of the shape:
16. Using the Polygonal Lasso Tool, add unselected corners to the selection (so that the past selection does not disappear, hold down the Shift key ), then create a new layer between the layers with the front and back sides of the shape and fill the selection with any color:
17. Add the same effects to the right side of the shape that we added to the other sides (right click on the layer and choose Paste Layer Style ):
18. If you think about it, then you will notice that there are still two empty planes left - you can leave them alone; they are small and almost imperceptible, but still I will do it. Select the remaining side of the shape (see the image below) and fill it with any color:
19. Apply the same effects to this plane as before:
20. So we drew a three-dimensional shape (or a logo - call it like hit).
Let's make a reflection. To do this, turn off the layer with the background (on the layer panel, to the left of the layer, there is an icon in the form of the eye - click on it so that it disappears). Now select the entire workspace ( Ctrl + A or in the menu Select -> All ) and copy the visible image ( Shift + Ctrl + C or into the smaller Edit -> Copy Merged ), then paste the copied image ( Ctrl + V or Edit -> Paste ) and place it under the layer with the underside of the letter. We reflect the image vertically (in the menu Edit -> Transform -> Flip Vertical ) and place it as follows:
21. Blur the reflection (in the menu Filter -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur ... ) with a blur radius of 5 pixels:
22. It should be something like this:
23. Make the reflection more real. Add a mask to the layer with reflection - to do this, select the layer with reflection (click on it with the left key - on the layers panel) and click on the third icon on the left (in the form of a dark rectangle and a bright circle in the center - on the layer panels) or through the menu: Layer -> Layer Mask -> Reveall All . Now select the Gradient Tool , select the black color and fill in the reflection from bottom to top:
If you did everything right, then it should work out just like me:
24. Now we will make our logo even more voluminous - add highlights. To do this, select the layer with the face of the shape (hold down Ctrl and click on the layer that we need) and exclude part of the selection (select the Elliptical Marque Tool , hold down Alt and select the desired part). The selection should turn out like this:
25. Create a new layer and place it above all layers. Fill the selection with white (using the Paint Bucket Tool ):
26. Change the Normal parameter of this layer to Soft Light (it is located on the layers panel, above). Then add a mask to this layer and fill it with a gradient from top to bottom (in the same way as when creating a reflection):
27. Now select the part of the right side:
And apply the same effect to it:
28. Choose a set of brushes called Assorted Brushes , in this set choose a brush in the form of glitter (I don’t know how to call it right - see below) and draw it like this:
29. Under the letter layer, create another layer, set the opacity of the layer ( Opacity ) to about 70% (to taste) and with a white color that we like with a brush, draw something:
30. Now we will create another layer, but above the figure, and also draw something on it:
31. That's it. “You can still chemize for a very long time, but for the beginning it’s enough for this, and so the lesson turned out to be very large. But I also added the name of this site and the hatching:
The logo turned out very attractive. You can make the background more and then you get beautiful desktop wallpapers, and you can make a header for the site ...